Second life

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
Been trying out second life for a a couple of days now
the player base is alright but I've been wondering if there are other sims the are comparable in customization and scale that might have more people or be more modern?
Attached:
first week

second week

a couple months

An update after being in second life a couple months, definitely wouldn't call my avatar a slut anymore. I found a lot more fun and rewarding things to do besides just the sex role playing i originally joined for.
I do highly recommend trying second life though for any one really, whether it be for sex or just an avenue to meet and talk to people there really is something for everyone.

Any one thinking about joining and have questions message me. If you are already in game, I'm always for meeting new people so also hit me up if that's the case

Last edited:

DarthSeduction

Lord of Passion
Donor
Game Developer
Dec 28, 2017
I don't really know if anything like second Life. You might check out what @Hentami is working on. It's supposed to be online, though I don't think it's exactly the same premise, it might scratch your itch

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
It depends on what you're looking for in Second Life. Is your focus on character customization, E-RP or life simulation in realistic setting?

When it comes to life sim part, Sims 4 is good choice, which also has a lot of character customization, and with the right mods, every sex scenes imaginable. It does not, however, have any online component, so there is no interaction with other players and therefore no erotic roleplay.

When it comes to online games that let you create every sexy character imaginable, the list fairly long:
Aion, despite it's age has one of the best character creation systems and lot of extremely sexy skins. Every character you create here is unique and if you want them to, they are more attractive than those in Second Life. I don't know wether there is any e-rp on the US-servers though. Like many MMORPGs it has a high fantasy setting.
Black Desert Online has what is maybe the best character creation system currently available in any game and also some sexy skin, though mostly these must be aquired in the cash shop for pretty steep prizes. Some players perform e-rp there, though it is certainly not the norm and not something you should ask for in public.
Guild Wars 2 has great character customization too and, different from other F2P games is NOT Pay2Win - yes, I really mean that! There are some sexy skins, though not as skimpy as in Aion and Black Desert. Some players like e-RP, though you should never talk about this in public.
Tera is the MMORPG with possibly the most revealing outfits, though not as much customization as the games mentioned above.
GTA Online is often played like a second life clone and as it is set in a realistic world, it comes closer to that than the other games on that list. You can visit a strip club and fuck prostitutes. There are some roleplayers, though I don't know wether e-rp is a thing in GTA Online. Wether you would consider the characters you can create there sexy, depends on the level of realism you like. While the female characters from the games above are blessed with an almost supernatural beauty, a female GTA character rather looks like a woman you would meet on the street in daily life.
World of Warcraft has a lot of player who enjoy e-RP though it is by far the worst on the list, as far as character creation and sexy outfits go.

Zippity

Respected User
Nov 16, 2017
Been trying out second life for a a couple of days now
the player base is alright but I've been wondering if there are other sims the are comparable in customization and scale that might have more people or be more modern?
Attached: my slut in second life
View attachment 85338
Not sure how much you explored Second Life or if you found folks to group up with or chat with, but Second Life covers an insanely vast number of different types of game play... Back when I was an online music DJ for Simkast, I used to play it because all the other DJ's did... And it is crazy the amount of flexibility and customization that game had for both characters as well as location dynamics... Sure, there is also a lot of empty or abandoned space, but once you begin running into the stuff like Mech Battles, Furry Zones, Tech Zones, Sandbox Zones, Specialty Islands, and so on... Plus all the various clubs, and shops, creators, and artists you sometimes run into, it starts to grow on ya... Yes, visually it is aging a bit, but for what you can do or be, it works perfectly for the flexibility and sandbox nature of it all...

As to other multi-player virtual worlds with that level of complexity, unless you want to downgrade to MMORPG's or games like Minecraft and it's many different copy cat games... You're gonna be hard pressed to find something more up to date but still with the same feel as Second Life... The closest I can think of, but you lose the online feel, is maybe The Sim's chain of games, but that gets expensive with all the expansions, and there is no real online social interaction like with Second Life... I'm sure there are also a few single players games moded like with the GTA suggestion, but you are still highly limited by that games short list of mechanics and so forth... It's nothing like Second Life...

There are also Adult Only Virtual World Online Simulators but they are highly limited usually, and more or less are just perversion simulators, or places for sexual criminals to live out their fantasies, or a place for sexual deviants to socially hook up (just hope the girl isn't a guy in disguise or visa versa, unless that's your shtick)... I've never tried them, but I've heard enough about them and seen enough reviews of them, to get a general idea of what they entail... They don't have much in the way of flexibility or sandbox like nature to the degree that Second Life does, in any way shape or form, from what I've read...

It all depends what you're looking for, and what you want to get out of it...

Last edited:

kiteares

Nov 15, 2017
If you're looking for a social MMO (2nd Life) as opposed to a game (Neverwinter), and asking here I'm guessing you're not worried if there is adult content then you could do worse than trying Utherverse.
It has a level of customisability...but not as much as SL, but I have found the community is better and UI is more straight forward.
In my experience of SL there is probably more oppourtunity for sexual criminals to live out their fantasies there than in UV. Officially, if you can't prove you're 18 (yes I know the arguments) then you can't access adult content (unlike SL).
They are working on a new engine based on unity, but it's limited, personally I'd try the legacy version 1st.
If it's a game you're after...I enjoy Neverwinter (like WoW, but based on DnD).

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
In my experience, Second Life is just a very generic MMO game set in the present day but without story or gameplay. In a real game like Guild Wars 2, Black Desert Online or Neverwinter you will at least meet real characters with background stories. At least Black Desert and Aion are also superior as far as customisation goes.

If you are into cybersex/e-rp, though, you may find more potential partners in Second Life than in actual games, because, in actual games, people are usually online to... play the game, not to fuck around.

Chances that a character's gender matches the player gender are at around 50% in both cases though. When meeting a female character in an extremely revealing outfit, chances for the player to be female too are considerably lower though, at about 25% in actual games and at exactly 0% in Second Life.

Female characters with huge boobs and butts are also rather common with male players. Extremely slim female characters are usually played by women on the other hand. As a rule of thumb for female characters: If character could enter America's/Germany's Next Topmodel because of her looks, the player is more likely to be female. If the character could enter that show only over the dead bodies of the security staff, the player is male.

Androgynous male characters on the other hand are almost always played by female gamers. If a male character looks like a cross between Brock Lesnar and a gorilla, the player is male and most likely rather young. If a male character doesn't use the standard setting for the butt the player is most likely either a woman or a gay man.

Reactions: UserX

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
@Ataios
Pretty good analysis
Im not to sure what anyone would really expect tho
Im sure pretty much everyone assumes that the actual gender of the avatar is most likely male and just gets into the role play not caring whose actually on the side

Ive been in some pretty strict sim areas where you you would have a backstory and character archetype and what not
Its pretty fun

I wouldnt call second life an mmo tho just more of a life sim
You can add rpg elements to it if you so please aside from the adult content and just regular life sim its the most popular type of roleplay

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
Yeah ill check out Utherverse
Really what im looking for is more of a life sim that also has adult content that is online so i can interact with real people
There are a couple more im looking at one being inworldz and another being opensim

Ataios

Sep 11, 2017
@Ataios
Pretty good analysis
Im not to sure what anyone would really expect tho
Im sure pretty much everyone assumes that the actual gender of the avatar is most likely male and just gets into the role play not caring whose actually on the side

Ive been in some pretty strict sim areas where you you would have a backstory and character archetype and what not
Its pretty fun

I wouldnt call second life an mmo tho just more of a life sim
You can add rpg elements to it if you so please aside from the adult content and just regular life sim its the most popular type of roleplay
I think it depends on the game, though by my experience in Aion and Guild Wars, the majority of the roleplaying community (the players, NOT the characters) is female. Romantic interactions are often between gay male characters played by female gamers. Anything involving sex is usually between people who know each other at least to some extent, just to be sure everyone involved is an adult.

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
Not sure how much you explored Second Life or if you found folks to group up with or chat with, but Second Life covers an insanely vast number of different types of game play... Back when I was an online music DJ for Simkast, I used to play it because all the other DJ's did... And it is crazy the amount of flexibility and customization that game had for both characters as well as location dynamics... Sure, there is also a lot of empty or abandoned space, but once you begin running into the stuff like Mech Battles, Furry Zones, Tech Zones, Sandbox Zones, Specialty Islands, and so on... Plus all the various clubs, and shops, creators, and artists you sometimes run into, it starts to grow on ya... Yes, visually it is aging a bit, but for what you can do or be, it works perfectly for the flexibility and sandbox nature of it all...

As to other multi-player virtual worlds with that level of complexity, unless you want to downgrade to MMORPG's or games like Minecraft and it's many different copy cat games... You're gonna be hard pressed to find something more up to date but still with the same feel as Second Life... The closest I can think of, but you lose the online feel, is maybe The Sim's chain of games, but that gets expensive with all the expansions, and there is no real online social interaction like with Second Life... I'm sure there are also a few single players games moded like with the GTA suggestion, but you are still highly limited by that games short list of mechanics and so forth... It's nothing like Second Life...

There are also Adult Only Virtual World Online Simulators but they are highly limited usually, and more or less are just perversion simulators, or places for sexual criminals to live out their fantasies, or a place for sexual deviants to socially hook up (just hope the girl isn't a guy in disguise or visa versa, unless that's your shtick)... I've never tried them, but I've heard enough about them and seen enough reviews of them, to get a general idea of what they entail... They don't have much in the way of flexibility or sandbox like nature to the degree that Second Life does, in any way shape or form, from what I've read...

It all depends what you're looking for, and what you want to get out of it...
Yeah I definitely shifted my intentions and also my thoughts on things to do in second life, it's really a lot of fun.
I think one of the things that got me to look at second life differently was getting to know some people, and knowing that there are so many people on there that are using second life as exactly that, a second life. Meeting people who have such limitations in the real world mostly due to some severe disabilities and having almost none in second life really got me thinking on what I was trying to do there.

I do still hold the opinion that all be it difficult for people who have disabilities. I still think they should do as much as they can in real life. I do think second life is helpful for them though, and can lead them to be able to some what experience things that wouldn't be possible for them.

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
I used to play Second Life many years ago, from the early-to-mid 2000s to the early 2010s mostly. I spent most of my time in sandboxes or at sims owned by friends working on building projects. While I would socialize with anyone who took an interest in what I was working on, I never cared for anything really other than making stuff. I ended up dropping it for a few years and came back and ran into a friend who told me they had been spending most of their time on , which is based on SL but a fair bit better on a number of fronts. They have higher prim caps, cheaper sim prices, free uploads, way better physics and scripting engines, and a bunch of other things that are super builder friendly.

Though unfortunately at the time I was most active on there they were still dwarfed by SL's population, so it wasn't the best place to try and make money. No idea how things are today, as it's been a year or 2 since I last logged in for any substantial time. Unfortunately, because of my current system problems, I can't log into either of them. I can get a viewer to launch, but as soon as I hit the log in button and it starts downloading stuff, my system automatically reboots. It's so reliable I've been using that as my test to see if changes I make to my system setup have fixed my reboot issue yet or not. :noexpression:

NIxon529

Nov 30, 2016
I used to play Second Life many years ago, from the early-to-mid 2000s to the early 2010s mostly. I spent most of my time in sandboxes or at sims owned by friends working on building projects. While I would socialize with anyone who took an interest in what I was working on, I never cared for anything really other than making stuff. I ended up dropping it for a few years and came back and ran into a friend who told me they had been spending most of their time on , which is based on SL but a fair bit better on a number of fronts. They have higher prim caps, cheaper sim prices, free uploads, way better physics and scripting engines, and a bunch of other things that are super builder friendly.

Though unfortunately at the time I was most active on there they were still dwarfed by SL's population, so it wasn't the best place to try and make money. No idea how things are today, as it's been a year or 2 since I last logged in for any substantial time. Unfortunately, because of my current system problems, I can't log into either of them. I can get a viewer to launch, but as soon as I hit the log in button and it starts downloading stuff, my system automatically reboots. It's so reliable I've been using that as my test to see if changes I make to my system setup have fixed my reboot issue yet or not. :noexpression:
yeah land in inworldz is much much cheaper than in second life even with the recent drop in land cost in second life. idk maybe ill switch if sansar becomes popular with more people an creators when it is released.
and sorry about your computer troubles, maybe try contacting one of the third party viewer support, i personally use firestorm and it works just fine, especially its since you get a tad bit more performance out of it and I like taking photos so it helps a lot.

Reactions: uradamus

uradamus

Jan 4, 2018
@nitrixs I've tried most of them over time, and several since this issue started getting worse. Aside from the official SL viewer, I went with IW's official viewer, Firestorm, Alchemy and Singularity. Alchemy is the one I tended to use the most often when I was last able to log in reliably, but they all cause the same issue. It's far from the only game/program with issues though. My system loves to crash/reboot over just about anything it seems these days, that's why I'm starting to save up to replace it and working on a new text game that I'm hoping to have done in a few months to aid in raising funds toward that goal.

DONSERGIO

May 14, 2017
May we post photoshoots we did in second life on this forum ? And i don't mean renders but an actual begining and end ...

Hildazard

Dec 14, 2021
I would describe it as social platform like Facebook rather than game, sadly, most of the building oriented sims and places where people just had fun chatting and fooling around closed, a lot of frens left because of Linden moving to commercial side - admins cant afford to keep sims alive, now its shops sims mostly, ive lost interest too like 3 years ago, really wish people would experience old times. I guess its all in VR programs now, but i dont have it.