Unity - Seaside Mystery [v0.24.1] [KsT]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ai Shoujo Fan

Three minutes into the game, and I've already encountered game breaking bugs and other problems. It looks like a good game. Nice camera orbit, zoom, and pan. Pretty good looking characters and graphics. But the problems that I encountered are frustrating and have completely halted my progress AT THE VERY START of the game, so I'm taking a break to mention the problems that I've encountered in this review and then I'll try to motivate myself to restart the game in a bit.

Feedback - I did not like the color selector tool during the character customization process. I guarantee you that there are countless color selector tools that are much better than this one. Much less confusing and much easier to use.

Feedback - The game does not auto save after you have customized your character. So if you need to force exit the game afterwards, you have to start completely over and recustomize your character which is a somewhat long and tedious process. I just started playing 0.11 Beta and only read like a dozen lines of dialogue and met three characters, and I've already had to force exit the game twice because meeting Emily Perez freezes the game. So that makes two times that I had to recustomize my character. Make the game autosave or have us manually save after we create our character!!!

Feedback - Once I finished creating my character, the game started. I was on the bus. I wanted to pause the game and go into the kitchen for some water because I did not know if the dialogue auto forwarded or if I had to press a button to advance it. I hit the Esc key to pause the game, and instead of pausing the game it advanced the dialogue a few lines and suddenly I was no longer on the bus and I had no idea what backstory I missed. Then I tried unsuccessfully to get to the Main Menu so I could restart the game, but pressing Esc just kept skipping dialogue until I got to the part where meeting Emily Perez froze the game. Esc should NOT advance the dialogue. Esc should ONLY be used to get to the main menu!!!

Feedback - As I mentioned there is a huge bug that some people reported in the comments section of F95 around 5-6 weeks ago. Once Emily Perez is introduced with her name displayed on the screen, the game freezes. No keyboard button or mouse button will progress the game. The recommended fix is to restart the game (forcing you to recustomize your character) and skip the entire intro which is not cool because I wanted to finish the intro.

Feedback - Once in the game, you can follow the dialogue, but every sentence is missing one to three words. It's like every fifth word is missing in the sentence so you have to play Wheel of Fortune in your brain and figure out what the missing words are. English is spoken in just about every country in the world. If you, yourself, can't write English well enough it's not that hard to find a decent, native English speaker that can proofread what you wrote. And I'm sure there would be plenty of people on F95 who would volunteer to make the necessary fixes for free.

Feedback - I agree with other people that the "dad's boss's wife's daughter" looks more like an aunt. There is no way that she is 19. Brenda is 38, and Emily looks like she could be 32-35 years old, not 19.

Feedback - I don't understand why there is a "click to move" instead of WASD movement in this game. Third person controller in Unity (or even Unreal Engine) is an extremely easy thing to add. I have 0.000001% knowledge when it comes to any game engine, but I can add a third person controller setup within minutes. One thing to note though is that you can hold down shift to run to the spot you clicked, so that made things better. But I still prefer WASD over click to move.

Feedback - I like that the text it outlined with no textbox background behind it, but the outline could be thicker. It's a bit difficult to read the text sometimes.

UPDATE: Okay, so I tried playing it again some more and there really doesn't seem to be any content at all. You just skip an hour, run around and explore every single room in the house hoping to find someone. If you find someone, they either can't be interacted with or you say something stupid like "you really should put on sunblock" or "you shouldn't drink too much coffee" and the other person says "yeah you are probably right". And that's about it. I went to the university and met a hot teacher and that's it. Two floors of classrooms, none of the doors will open. One is the hot teacher's classroom but it's a demo so you can't go in and have class. And there is a student outside you can't interact with. This has "boring sandbox" written all over it, but once it gets actual content it might become better. I see myself waiting a year or longer for the game to get some content and then I will probably just use someone else's save to access the lewd content. The game feels more like a 0.0.11 than a 0.11.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

mario1994

Damn I got duped into thinking that there is some content. Generally all games in here when they get to 0.10 as a tenth update they have tons of content and here is almost nothing but promises for things and how it will generally work. I will abandon this game for now till it gets something started because its frustrating expirience without any real reward to work hours for. Even with damn hints it was frustrating because you as a character should be able to talk with others and get info from them but nah. Search whole game for clues and piece them together yourself. Great.. hours wasted on searching shit and skipping days just to get to some good part only to be dissapointed in the end. It has great potential but for now only that. Nothing more to this game than promise for the future.

As a game it lacks almost everything but as a promise for the future it gets 4 stars. I mean.. in a year or two this might be a decent game.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: 0.09 Beta

Review:
    I had played the previous game and tried it twice, but since that game was so confusing and you needed a walkthrough so you wouldn't get stuck in time, I ended up giving up. I hope that doesn't happen in this game, although it is still in development. Talking about it, the game needs to be much improved, character movement is still through clicks and not the WASD keyboard, character models need to be more polished and optimized and besides, the game offers an interesting proposal.

History:
    Very similar to Twist, well, maybe a little bit of your plot. I didn't think the plot was good but I didn't think it was bad either. But it doesn't seem like it captivated me much.
    Gameplay:
    It is in this part that the game sucks, the movement is horrible, you need to click forward or sideways for MC to move and with the m2 to direct the camera. As I said earlier, the movement could be using the keyboard with the WASD keys, as that would make it much more practical. As the game is still in beta, there's not much to do yet, but at the moment there is very little interaction with the objects and luckily there is no character management system (hunger, thirst, sleep).
    Graphics & Sexual Contents:
    The graphics of model renderings seem to be way out of date, that's because if you look at Emily you'll see she doesn't look 19 years old, it was weird for me as I thought it was the MC's aunt. Talking about the ambiance, the house, and around, the graphics are good and the lighting is good too. The sexual content is good, animated with moans, but at one point I didn't feel much pleasure because of the model renderings, because it felt like I was playing a version of The Sims 3, not that it's bad, but it's because I'm not very used to it. Looks like you went back to the 2000s.

Why I did gave 1 star?
    1.6gb of download, without much content to explore, needs to be optimized.
    Quite poorly optimized, terrible movement of the MC and character models need to be improved (polished). The game looks promising, but it didn't make me think if it will have potential. Unfortunately it will take a long time before it becomes very playable, if you're thinking about trying it, I don't recommend it right now, but if you want to test it, go ahead. I'll change my mind when the game comes out of ''beta'', but so far, the game hasn't really interested me.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 882381

huge potential. The characters are much more beautiful, than in the twsit.
    The game is also smoother.
    I expect a lot!
    The POV view is a great idea, everything looks better than in the twist.
    Now you need a good story with a good scene, and the acting will be perfect.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

MadByte

There is almost no gameplay yet, but oh my - the mechanics are SOO much better compared to "The Twist". And did I mention the work that has been done on the visuals & the assets? It's incredibly well done for such a "small" niche game.

Compared to "The Twist":
    + The performance seems way more consistent and smoother.
    + Loading times have been improved significantly, a big plus because "The Twist" was a nightmare in that regard
    + The UI is simple but feels good & seems to do what the user would expect
    + The addition of a free camera is a blessing and a solid step up.
    + The free character movement is nice to have and will add much more possibilities regarding level design and future content. atm it feels useless and for the College it may be to slow to be practicable. I think the problem here is the size of the level (could be a bit smaller).

One thing I hope the dev will put more effort into is music & sound design.

While it's not perfect, the new engine feels way better. The dev seems to know how to use effects like DOF or lighting the scene. The mechanics got improved & now all that is missing is actual content.

Can't wait to see how the project progresses.
  6. 1.00 star(s)

Haley13

[V0.07 Beta]

There is nothing to do in this game yet, just walk around and talk to the two NPCs.

Graphics look decent, but walking around with the camera is a bit awkward (mouse movement not wasd).

Will change score hopefully once actual content comes out.