Unity Abandoned Sea of Chicks [v0.2.0] [RedDate Games]

MiKaEl90

Jun 25, 2017
Looks like this game had a short life. Their Patreon page is investigated. I guess this pirate ship sank.

MiKaEl90

Jun 25, 2017
Looks like the Patreon is back and they've released 2 new versions. Just posting to get some attention for the game since it seemed dead for a while.

forbidden101v

The Hentai Witcher
Modder
Jun 2, 2018
Here's some updates.

(This one is the newest)
(A test mechanic for something he's working on; Still some what erotic)

@crust Update using said stuff here.

Reactions: jowishg

aifman7

Oct 25, 2017
Hope the dev is monitoring this thread. If so, I'll try your game out when you remove the giant Patreon "gib money pls" button from the game's UI.

The UI should be for things related to the gameplay itself. Putting your Patreon money beggar button on it just smacks of greed to me. I'm all for developers supporting themselves and I am a patron of several H-game devs so advertising your Patreon page isn't really a big deal to me, but there's no reason you can't put it in the game menu or somewhere else out of the way. Making it a part of the UI is bonkers and that's a trend that needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Otherwise, good luck in your financial endeavors I guess.

Reactions: rspkers and Orlox

Superk

May 21, 2017
Sea Of Chicks is a Dating Sim and RPG game with lots of boobs pirates!
Is that it? You might as well just say "This is a Pirate Dating Sim." at that point.
C'mon, give us a bit more than that, huh?

To be fair, they don't really give a better one on the patreon.

rspkers

Sep 20, 2017
Hope the dev is monitoring this thread. If so, I'll try your game out when you remove the giant Patreon "gib money pls" button from the game's UI.

The UI should be for things related to the gameplay itself. Putting your Patreon money beggar button on it just smacks of greed to me. I'm all for developers supporting themselves and I am a patron of several H-game devs so advertising your Patreon page isn't really a big deal to me, but there's no reason you can't put it in the game menu or somewhere else out of the way. Making it a part of the UI is bonkers and that's a trend that needs to go the way of the dinosaurs.

Otherwise, good luck in your financial endeavors I guess.
This.
I won't be supporting it. Can't stand when devs act this greedy. Worst part is the dev might be great, but doing this gives people like us (possibly) the wrong idea regarding the game. I'd strongly suggest being less thirsty for money. If your game is good, people will support you. If it's shit, then no matter what image size you make that button, it will be forgotten.

Reactions: aifman7

Avaron1974

Resident Lesbian
Aug 22, 2018
Is that it? You might as well just say "This is a Pirate Dating Sim." at that point.
C'mon, give us a bit more than that, huh?

To be fair, they don't really give a better one on the patreon.
That's pretty much all it is, what more do you need?

dce8383

Aug 25, 2017
There was far more story in the first version... the fully 3D environment is nice, but now there's no "sim". It's just walk around and bang everyone, with no feedback or purpose. I only knew what I was doing because I remembered what the first version wanted me to do. I would imagine new players would be COMPLETELY lost and confused.

Honestly not sure why they bothered to release this, other than to see if people have issues running the 3D environment.

DanteBlackX

Sep 6, 2018
game is unplayable for me, sex scenes dont work, Q and E buttons do nothing, neither do 123, space works so u can end the scene but thats it, theres no menu to save data or adjust settings, esc just makes ur mouse cursor appear and thats it, theres no UI to speak of, it shows lvl thats it, but for whatever reason im starting a new game at lvl 15 wtf, another issue with no settings is that theres no way to view controls, i dont even look at controls when the unity start up window shows, since all that is is the genera controls that all unity game start windows show, most unity games controls are different from what is listed there, game really needs a quest tab to give u an idea of what to do.

dev dropped the ball on this game, so many core features of a game missing that are necessary for any game, and should be part of the initial release not later releases, i guess the last version worked better then this one, but for me v0.2.0 is completely broken and unplayable, game looked good but if ur missing these things no matter how nice ur game is people arent going to support it if they cant play it as intended.

this review might seem a bit harsh, but this is what critiquing is all about, pointing out issues so they get addressed, if no one says anything theyll never be fixed.

what dev needs is some none patron locked posts so free players can post issues to them so they can address them, restricting bug reports to a handful of supporters rather then get the feedback of a far larger player base isnt a good choice, think about it ur getting free beta testing this way, so rely on the 19 supporters u have or rely on the several hundred players that download the game? which will find u more bugs and issues?

personally i think the game shoulda been made in renpy, u could get the same general functionality (minus the 3d environment), hell this game coulda been made in rpgm just as easily, well rpgm would work so long as u dont overload the world map with shit, since the more shit u stuff on the world map the laggier it gets.

honestly i had no choice but to delete the game, i dont keep unplayable games on my pc to waste hard drive space, but seriously almost nothing works so why would i keep it.

shatsaba

Jul 12, 2018
game is unplayable for me, sex scenes dont work, Q and E buttons do nothing, neither do 123, space works so u can end the scene but thats it, theres no menu to save data or adjust settings, esc just makes ur mouse cursor appear and thats it, theres no UI to speak of, it shows lvl thats it, but for whatever reason im starting a new game at lvl 15 wtf, another issue with no settings is that theres no way to view controls, i dont even look at controls when the unity start up window shows, since all that is is the genera controls that all unity game start windows show, most unity games controls are different from what is listed there, game really needs a quest tab to give u an idea of what to do.

dev dropped the ball on this game, so many core features of a game missing that are necessary for any game, and should be part of the initial release not later releases, i guess the last version worked better then this one, but for me v0.2.0 is completely broken and unplayable, game looked good but if ur missing these things no matter how nice ur game is people arent going to support it if they cant play it as intended.

this review might seem a bit harsh, but this is what critiquing is all about, pointing out issues so they get addressed, if no one says anything theyll never be fixed.

what dev needs is some none patron locked posts so free players can post issues to them so they can address them, restricting bug reports to a handful of supporters rather then get the feedback of a far larger player base isnt a good choice, think about it ur getting free beta testing this way, so rely on the 19 supporters u have or rely on the several hundred players that download the game? which will find u more bugs and issues?

personally i think the game shoulda been made in renpy, u could get the same general functionality (minus the 3d environment), hell this game coulda been made in rpgm just as easily, well rpgm would work so long as u dont overload the world map with shit, since the more shit u stuff on the world map the laggier it gets.

honestly i had no choice but to delete the game, i dont keep unplayable games on my pc to waste hard drive space, but seriously almost nothing works so why would i keep it.

Have you tried pressing "W" ?

Reactions: OmegaUltima

Hones

Forum Fanatic
Game Compressor
Aug 10, 2018
Why has this game been marked abandoned when there was a post on Patreon today?

jowishg

Yare yare dawa (ง •̀_•́)ง
Donor
May 6, 2018

0.3 version is out for patreons (10$ tier)