• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

scultping question for blender

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
So here is the pic of the model inside of blender. i am trying to push the boobs back so it shows the hands pushing into them. however how do i freeze the hand geometry so it is not effected by the scultping.? is there something i need to do before exporting the obj file from daz studio? thanks

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Nop.

Easiest way is to go into edit mode, select the hands and hide them (Shortcut H). They should stay hidden in sculpt mode.

In sculpt mode select the mask brush, and mask out the area you want to sculpt on. It should turn black. Then press ctrl+H to bring back the hidden hands, and Ctrl+i to invert your mask selection. Everything except the area you want to sculpt on should be black now while the breasts are white.

From here on sculpting should only effect the white breast area.

lobotomist

Sep 4, 2017
Love your method! can't believe i never tought of that. I always create vertex groups to select on and deselect, then useedit mode

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
Nop.

Easiest way is to go into edit mode, select the hands and hide them (Shortcut H). They should stay hidden in sculpt mode.

In sculpt mode select the mask brush, and mask out the area you want to sculpt on. It should turn black. Then press ctrl+H to bring back the hidden hands, and Ctrl+i to invert your mask selection. Everything except the area you want to sculpt on should be black now while the breasts are white.

From here on sculpting should only effect the white breast area.
nice thanks for the reply. will give that a try

sergii-g

Oct 5, 2017
cute)) i didn't know, that we can use Blender sculpt in this way. Always was looking for shaping/morphs to simulate it.
Thank You, guys!

Apr 8, 2020
So here is the pic of the model inside of blender. i am trying to push the boobs back so it shows the hands pushing into them. however how do i freeze the hand geometry so it is not effected by the scultping.? is there something i need to do before exporting the obj file from daz studio? thanks

What application do you use to make 3d models?

• Angry
Reactions: lobotomist