Unity - School, Love & Friends [v2.10] [Walkius]

1. 5.00 star(s)

TommyEsclow

The new style of this game is great Walkius made a lot of things better. I always liked his initial game design since it fit well with the gameplay and story. Now he made it a bit better and playing the story while unlocking all the stuff makes a lot of fun. I think this is how a sandbox game is supposed to be. Nice game flow and the story is interesting.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

ZaphodB

This Review is more based on 1.1 than 2.4 but that's in light of the game 2.4 will eventually become hopefully.
    Yes this does take a very long time to play and may be accused of being a grind. However there is a lot to do and the game does keep fresh for a long time. Now I'm in January & there's new (in game) content but even in December things were happening and I'm discovering things I missed.

PROs
    Lots of girls.
    If you like harem games this is for you, not only individually but groups of girls. There's also variety and an absence of huge breasts which is a plus for me. Too many games seem to have characters who are double F at least. In fact often that's the norm.
    Lots of Events
    You'd expect this given the nature of the game but there are so many options that even given limited paths within those options there is much to explore. Hallowe'en is a joy but there definitely could have been more. Xmas was OK although choices don't seem to matter nor seem to have any consequences (again 1.1 was abandoned) and the New Year Party was a let down.
    Navigation
    This has improved in 2.4 but honestly wasn't an issue for me in 1.1. I found it pretty easy. Also on 2.4 there's an indication of who has something to say to the MC which alleviates some of the grind, although it should not be hard to work out who the MC should be talking to in order to move events along.
    Dialogue
    It's not epic and there are some shortcomings but at least it is usually fairly short and to the point. Often with the Visual Novels the speech goes on for ages while actually not conveying too much story. Fair enough if you like that thing but you want be wasting any time on that here.
    CONS
    A bit buggy
    Noticed this on 1.1 and 2.4. There seem to be problems with Ako on both. In 1.1 the evening event goes to a white screen & hangs the game. In 2.4 Ako is slow at loading and if I'm impatient I get crashes. However 1.1 is abandoned (sadly) & 2.4 isn't complete so maybe that could be resolved. Also on 1.1 it hangs with the eye icon if there is nothing to do in the gym.
    Lessons
    Actually I like the lessons because they often serve to start quests but I wish after the written lessons there was at least more random content that could be cycled. I think the developer could have spread the important lessons out a bit over the term so there was a bit more of a surprise.
    Consequences
    I suppose being a harem game it is not surprising that it does not want to close off paths - except for the cheerleader choice - but perhaps this causes a lack of jeopardy and replayability. However with the vastness of the content I guess replayability isn't the first priority and of course there are often a few paths to play within events.

OVERALL
    This is game for which school and school life is the main setting, just an 18 year old mainly chasing after 18 year old girls and a few 20+s as well. The MC doesn't have many cares of baggage and just wants a good time. There's a lot of content and so much to do but skipping is easy as well. Looking forward to how 2.4 develops. I gave it 5 stars because I like it but it is obviously not on the level of the very best games so probably really a 4.5.
  3. 3.00 star(s)

icon1111

A standard sandbox game requires time to complete the story. I guess the author may be afraid that the content developed by unity will be too large and the computer with average performance will be stuck, so the quality of the character model is reduced. This is indeed a shortcoming of unity games. , But sure there are several stuck scene bugs. NTR is limited to a few screens and can be excluded, which is an advantage. However, waiting for the event repeatedly is really exhausting for the player. There is neither a skip button nor a repeating event. Can't you skip those class scenes after you have gone through it? According to the current length of the story, no less than 190 days, non-rollback and multiple save records, it is really unacceptable. Fortunately, there are more sex scenes, otherwise no one wants to stick to this game, because just watching the repeated scenes is desperate.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Krugger

Version: v2.4

Review:
    School setting is one of my favorite themes and this game comes close to having a good setting, but that unfortunately everything ends up getting boring. I like sandbox but this one was not very pleasant to enjoy. Of course the game has a mix of BB and other sandbox games, but honestly, I found the interactions very boring.

PROS:
    - Incest between aunt and cousins
    - Sandbox with a school setting and home
    - Many characters to interact

CONS:
    - MC uses your tongue more to fuck a girl than your dick
    - Very weak character interactions
    - Bad story without much perversity
    - Interactions that go nowhere
    - Poor graphics and modeling
    - Poor sexual content

History:
    Could be better, like I said, you don't feel any perversity from the MC. He's living with his aunt and her two cousins, but the worst thing is that the MC sleeps with his younger cousin, which resembles BB. I don't think that's bad, but there are things in the game that could be better, as the story and plot is quite uninteresting.
    Gameplay:
    Sandbox with interactions with characters without a relationship building but events. Talk to the character only if the event is triggered and with that continue doing tasks with those characters. It's not so bad, but, what exactly is the computer for? half of the items will undoubtedly not be used and improve communication? the attribution point system is misused, you increase the points of communication, spying, massage, yoga, but it won't get you anywhere, then you just assign up to 5 points and you're done. Honestly, the gameplay isn't that bad but I found it tedius to play.
    Graphics & Sexual Content:
    The graphics aren't the best, it's not a bad thing to look at, as are the model renderings. We can say, acceptable, it will depend on your taste. The sexual content although there are many, at one point it was just MC cunniling pussy. MC takes the girl to a corner, there he goes cunniling the girl's pussy, no making the girl suck your cock or fuck her pussy or her ass. What about perversity? why peeping girls in the bathroom or sleeping? waste of time.

Why I did gave 1 star?
    Very simple, the game was released in 2017 and is still in this state. So it's been 4 years and its development stopped in time. You won't find anything interesting or some point of interest in the game. The tag says "dating sim'' and "blackmail", honestly, I thought this quite weak because it's a dating sim, it's true, but it's only on the first date with Emily that you can notice it, otherwise everything turns out to be poor to see. About blackmail, it's the same thing, it's something so weak and it's actually not the MC who is blackmailing. I didn't say that the game has several scenes, you can look in the images folder and you can confirm this yourself, but during the game, it's remarkable that you will at some point get bored and then close the game like I did, because for me the game has weak content and so it's not worth my wasted time. There are very few interactions, MC is just a boy who is living his world like everyone else, there is no perversity, no sexual harassment, where you can grope some girl, there's no sleepsex, so what's the point of spying on your cousin or aunt taking a shower or sleeping? I know there are people who don't like this kind of content, stronger and heavier content, but why put these functions in the peeping like BB game? Anyway, if you don't like sandbox games, I don't recommend playing. But if you like, there are other better games.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I can only say about this that it is an average game. It doesnt have anything that you havent seen already in 3000 games.

Execution is, well, just there, nothing impressive. There is little or no character development, cause its a sandbox and events are isolated from the plot and plot is nothing more than chains of events that evolve, but in the parts that are common to all the characters, the events are not reflected.

The formulas to stall progress are still cringy, like atempting penetration, the girls gets scared or insecure (this happens 2 or 3 times that i now), but the selconscious thing happens with almost every girl, and the payoff is not enough, cause scenes are not that good.
    When you are at the photostudio with Hailey, Dan, who doesnt know about her and photography, enters the studio to interrupt with some pretext that doesnt add up.

Or when the mother interrupts something at a time she is never home. I hate this stupid menchanisms.

Another stupid ting is that talking to Bill is a requriement maany times to advance school route, which for instance blocks Alice route. So, in order for you to advance with Alice you need validation from Bill first. How stupid is that? Those evens most of the time ar not even related to her. Seeking from advice from a guy that the most he does is peeping? C'mon!

Overall its a gallery unlocker with the usual mechanisms, since the plot doesnt give any cohesion, it is how it feels like.

I thought that this game shared some similarities with another one, when i saw Lisa and Olivia i couldnt help smiling, and when i had to go throught the same sequence to reach sex with them, well, that did it for me. Im done
  6. 5.00 star(s)

mandc

The actual rating is 4.5

The remade version is vastly improved from the previous version (rating 3 at best) which was a grind-fest. It's so good to have a game without ridiculous dairy cow boobs and horse sized cocks . It's like a breath of fresh air.

The game is not without some faults however.
    The choice of Unity and no roll back is odd but not a deal breaker
    There is still a bit of grind especially towards the end of the current version when little is happening except at night yet you have to go through all the steps of going to school only to complete that task and be told to come back same time tomorrow

The hint system is vastly improved and the complexity of navigation is significantly simplified

The models are cute and it's refreshing to have a simple story lacking mind control or superpowers for once.

I had actually put this game on hold for updates after v1.9 as it was just too grindy. I'm glad I gave it another go.
    I look forward to future updates
  7. 5.00 star(s)

BoobiesSugoi

I like the Invitation menu, you feel like you have a lot of freedom in this game, the girls are beautiful, and overall the progression steps are well made.

The Quest menu is well made as well, you can`t really find something to complain about the game, it is pretty much one of the best out there.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

bigjack910

I find this game incredibly arousing for some reason, but I've had an insane amount of bugs (Mac version) even with the last update (2.2). I can't save on any version, the older versions just simply stop advancing after certain events (tragic lol) and on the new version I can't sleep, meaning I can only get through about a day before it all dies on me. Would love to play this from the beginning but can't in the current state.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

BILLYTHEKICK

Hello/Bonjour
    please count this as a review, as i still dont know where to post one (when a moderator will be bored with, maybe he will show me)
    so first good news, SLF is my best absolute favorite game, and i am far to have finished it i guess
    i am still happy to have spend/wasted so much time in IRL on it, gametime 90 DAYS, irl i can't count
    i play slf 2.2? with i patch, i guess or maybe none
    i love my MC, my sweet girlfriend Emily, yes i fall in love with her at first sight, thank you, btw i had 8/10 on our first date, has anybody done better?
    ok, to make it quick i love everything especialy the graphics, girls, mc, map, hints, anal (wait sorry, there's not, as many i would have wished there was)
    ok back to say i love everything
    my only complain is, i still dont know which game we are commenting here, is it SLF 2.2, SLCousins, another one? i am lost
    and which game should i play?
    keep doing what you like (i will put a bill/money for your future game)
    so tell me witch game are we talking about? (is it about time to create a different threat, is it already done, am i drunk, are you here)
    ok, i will play SLF 2.2 again, i will play your next game, just keep doing what you like
    bisous
  10. 3.00 star(s)

chipsiup

Version Reviewed: 2.2

I last played the game back in the version 1.10 days, and have just finished the 2.2 version. In that time, the game went through a full reboot, starting over from the start. The dev made quite a few quality of life changes to the game, but also changed the story and some characters.

For anyone who has NOT played the old version, you would likely enjoy this game if you like straight forward high school harem romps. The characters are basic, and the graphics are a little dated not, but for the most part it's fun and inoffensive. If you like this kind of game you'll have fun with it. (Don't stress the people complaining about NTR, it's pretty much non-existent and avoidable.)

For people who has played the old version, the comparison is inevitable. So let's start off with the good points, a lot of the grind has been minimized, and navigating the school is much easier now. The bad points though is the loss of progression, as this is a full remake your old saves don't work, and you must start from scratch. The story has changed in small ways but the overall premise and most characters are the same, so if you've recently played v1 you might not enjoy having to go through old ground again.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

msposse

Nice game! I hope the continuation this game is wonderful !!
    When will there be another update? The family route I am bored with having dinner with the family, because Maria does not have a dialogue available .:):)
  12. 4.00 star(s)

MizRo

This game is one of the best in terms of the content you get. It takes a lot of time to get through the whole game, while not having to wait too long to get till the first sexy scenes.

In my opinion it would be GOAT tier if the renders were better. The renders are okay, but nothing speical. If they were kinda like Echoes of Lust renders it would probably be my favorite game on this website.

Besides that, maybe a bit more content on the classes instead of just some easy tests and such.

I do LOVE the fact that it's highschool based and that there is an emphasis on the different groups in school, trying to befriend all of them. Might be cool if there was some sort of dynamic that if you befriend one group the other group dislikes you more.

But as long as you keep adding good content to this game this game will stay great
  13. 1.00 star(s)

leo_grouch

This story/game started out ok, but it has since been gutted of any imagination.
    It's almost a copy of Big Brother, but there are differences.

Graphics 4/10 could certainly be better
    Animations 3/10 pretty cheap on any interesting animations, rather amateur.
    Story 3/10 Not original or imaginative
    Writing 3/10 Spelling errors and lack of anything interesting.

Very limited Save space and not delete option.
    Extremely grindy flow of the game.

This same plot and story line has been done over and over in other games it's nothing original.

The latest build has been gutted of a number of the actions that added a little bit of interest, shameful.

What may have proven interesting when it began, is now just plain boring and a waste of time.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

shotzpro

Review of V2.0 + Tips if Walkius wants to on ntr.

(English is not my native language)

I really liked the new story, although some characters are gone, I didn't miss it, Alice and Emily carry the story, the things that happen at school are great, I want more. I also like the classes and the consequences.

Renders:

The animations had a blue screen, so I missed a lot of the scene and only managed to see the static images. I am not fond of small breasts with small halves and neither shaved, but the beauty of the characters makes me tolerate this. I am fond of large halos and pubic hair (if you want to put it in other characters).

Suggestions:

I really like ntr and sharing, I play a lot of these games and I know what to do and what not to do, so I would like to give you some suggestions if you like to read reviews and suggestions.

I really liked the smooth ntr you put in the game (Alice on the beach / Emily and MC's friend at the party / Emily and the teacher.

I would like you to continue with the tease, only more and more blatantly, to play with people's imaginations without something actually happening (but something should happen in future updates).

Sharing: I suggest you wait until something happens in the ntr, if you launch a couple swap now, it will ruin all the ntr climate you did and it will turn into sex without a history (it sucks for those who appreciate ntr).

Focus on Alice and Emily, the others are not as important in the game as they are.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

loters

Review of v2.0

Plot:

I´ve played this game for a long time now. I liked the game as it was before, but there were some things that needed to be changed, and I think this rework did really well.

Now it´s not like before, where everyone liked MC (popular boys, cheerleaders, nerds…) now we have to choose a side, and most of the popular boys, cheerleaders, and the added jocks hate us at the beginning of the game.

I really liked how events advance slower and deeps more on how the relationships and potential problems are developing.

Renders and animations:

I think at least some renders had their quality upgraded but the very best thing is that the thing that most annoyed me before was that some events (mainly sex ones) were too short some of just 2 or 3 renders but now we have these fixed and even animations too!

I was really impressed that dev included blood effect on virgin characters and visible cum on the body that I think is new too.

Characters:

Some characters changed a lot
    You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

There´s a lot of characters that didn´t have any content right now or not even appear compared to the last version, but I really expect they will come back soon.

I felt more close to the characters and their feelings, thoughts... in this new version.

Gameplay:

I liked the calendar method. It gave a reason for a lot of events like Halloween, Christmas, new year´s eve, school semesters… that I don´t know if will take place in the new version. Because now it´s only about how advanced we are on a route and (only sometimes) which day of the week is so in this way Christmas could take place at day 40 or 56 or 108. I don´t know how the dev will make this work.

Something weird that was not changed is that game doesn´t remember what happened on other routes or sometimes in the same route.

Dev says he wanted the story to be more fluid and avoid grinding, but the new system doesn´t work for school. Since the five exams, we had along the first period now take place in two or three weeks (not three months as before), we have to go to school and attend classes without any reason because we finished the exams and we only have to spend some days to find a character to advance on the different routes (because dev says now we have free access to everyone every day, but characters like Lily and Twins are only available to talk two days (one if we need to speak in a certain place). Maybe if the dev put back the phone, we can text meet at the place the day we need.

Conclusion:

I really liked the game before and now it´s even better. Dev fixed the most annoying things and added a lot of cool stuff.
    Definitely looking for the next update and watch how everything adapts to the newly made characters. I know it may be for summer or even later but at least if the dev keeps this way it can be worth it.

PD: I saw some people
  16. 5.00 star(s)

blabla38

A really good game.
    I follow the dev since almost the beginning and I must say that this game is really better than the beginning.
    The characters are really cute, realistic and well written. The gameplay is nice, but a little too much grinding (which the dev promises to reduce in the next update).
    I look forward to see the future update.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

nnt25

The game is good if you have stress and want to accomplish something because you have to work your ass off to get the woman

The ntr is amazing here it gives you vibe also the relation between the twins are thrilling sharing Alice was amazing

there are many girls you need to conquer that's amazing

the cons are you cant rollback, you cant save and you cant skip it takes a lot of playtime to accomplish something its a bit grinding but its kinky and exciting I like it hope the author decide to continue this amazinh story
  18. 2.00 star(s)

Sothyr

+ many sex scenes, very few animated scenes
    + nice school setting

- very bad english, hard to understand and with every playthrough it get less fun to play it.
    - over time the MC is going to be more and more an asshole
    - the long time period till January s*cks, till the game proceeds . Worst idea ever.
    - far to short sex scenes and one click to much and it is gone...
    - I hate the dark text area, I do not know how to remove it completely like I do normally in Renpy.
    - sadly not many animated scenes
    - many twin sex scenes get sudden endings
    - Halloween Event has no effect on the storyline
    - event with Mariah (not Martin's friend) does not feel right, especially the 10/10 favors. Those favors, like buying groceries and watch TV should be possible from the start of the game to influence her. Additionally incl. more often help washing dishes. To do something like the museum visit, maybe going to the night club or spa, jogging (or just walking in the woods) would have been better ideas.
    - bad time management, to often nothing to do. Especially at the weekends. Many events are to limited when they can start.
    - I fear a clicking marathon to reach the new year
    - not many saves possible
    - can't name saves
    - can't save during events like Halloween or Dates
    - reaction of the MC on some repeating events is again and again the same, like for example Vicky's sex scenes in school
    - reactions of the npc's do not always fit with what you see on the screen.
    - many reactions have no incluence on friendship, but why?
    - sometimes the hint section is not helpful, like with night club with Mimi
    - no inofficial incest support (should be not so hard to do it!) Without it, it makes no sense why the MC and Alice should not be in a relationship.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

kamibell

Look, I honestly tried to like the game, good school environment, perfect graphics and visuals, the gameplay left something to be desired, and the fact that I have to divide all the girls bothers me, especially the fact that there are always old perverts man, the idea was cool, but not everyone here is wanting a gangbang, many really want to set up a harem just for you
  20. 4.00 star(s)

DawnCry

Well, I believe it is time to do a good review about this game, so let's get to it!.

-First let's talk about how the game works: Basically while playing and talking with characters we will unlock "storylines", following that storyline will end up advancing your relationship with the related character and basically it will end up in sexy times.

Overall the system lacks flexibility about how to do things, for example if you need to talk with a certain character, you can't go to their house and talk about what you need, or even call the character out in the school, but rather you need to wait to the moment the game designates, which can be once a week and if you miss it then you will need to wait until the next week.

This makes the game quite inflexible because it isn't prepared for you to interact with characters like a normal person would, even more it can be quite a big pain in the ass sometimes. It would be nice that in the future takes into account these things and let storylines advance more easily and natural this way.

-Second we have to talk about our objective: Basically this game pushes the MC to actually have sex with as many people as possible and trying to hide his relationships until at a future point everyone will be okay with you being a master player.

Acting like this feels kind of bad because overall the characters aren't one dimensional, some would be hurt to find out, others are okay with it, but the thing is that being a "player" in more than the usual sense is what the game uses for conflicts.

Overall in this point I may be weird but I don't need to have sex with everyone. But that's all I will say here.

-Now let's talk about conflicts and "rival" characters: Overall as rival characters we could talk about two characters, one is quite known and hated, with reason too because his implementation wasn't good, we talk about "Martin", basically he is a sexfriend of Mimi and he seems to like milfs, overall he is an useless character with no effect and quite easy to defeat.

As another rival I would say it's Ako, the lesbian girl. While it's debatable that I take her as a rival, she would prefer to have sex with girls without you, even more she has shown her hate towards your dick/cum and towards your guts when you create situations to push for a threesome. Overall she could be a good rival in the game and in fact in certain situations she has shown her ability. An easy example would be when you are having sex with Emily and Alice and she kind of blows it up partially during lunch, generating a conflict.

With that I believe it would be nice to talk about conflicts, these are used at certain points to push relationships forward, as I said before as an example, Ako blowing things up partially, or perhaps people suddenly discovering that you aren't exactly the paladin of loyalty towards a girl, or perhaps Mimi catching you and Alice having sex and blackmailing you both.

Many of the conflicts have just one tiny problem, mainly because they aren't appropiate based on what you did in the past. For example Ako and her bomb wouldn't make much sense when you helped her have sex with Alice, because first of all she shouldn't say that out of the debt she has with you, but second because Alice is actually cheating herself with Ako her reaction loses a lot of meaning.

Overall what I mean is, it doesn't make sense that some events activate based on your past actions, if you ignored Ako on her events while did enter into a relationship with Emily and Alice, I could understand her actions as a means to seduce Alice. Here is the main point that the game lacks, rather than creating interesting situations based on what you did and feeling like an unique experience, the game follows the format of "do all events and be happy". It wastes situations that could be interesting or, at least, more interesting that when it's generic.

Even more the main problem that the game has is that "characters forget what they have done", I mean, how can Alice have the same reaction when she only has sex with me compared to when she has had sex with Ako and the swingers. These details are what the game lacks and it affects how consistent the game is.

-To end I would say that the game overall is a good one, however I exposed all the bad points in this review because the good things are easier to see. Overall the bad points are:

1º Lack of flexibility when needing to talk to characters

2º Many times when you need to skip time because of lack of things to do

3º Useless rival (Martin), good potential rival (Ako) but she never becomes anything.

4º Generic conflicts and a lack of a gameplay with choices, it's a catch them all boys!.