Mod Unity Abandoned School, Love & Friends: Incest Restoration Mod [V6] [redknight00]

Ghazran

Apr 13, 2019
He probably doesn't realize it was updated, been a while since the last on the actual game. No rush, but i'm waiting for it.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
Updated OP.

This will be the last version of this mod made by me, I just have no time or shits to spend in a game I don't even play.

If anyone is interested in continuing, I can give the master files and instructions, this mod is fairly straightforward and requires only Notepad++.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
Updated OP.

This will be the last version of this mod made by me, I just have no time or shits to spend in a game I don't even play.

If anyone is interested in continuing, I can give the master files and instructions, this mod is fairly straightforward and requires only Notepad++.
I'm sorry to hear that.
Can you tell me which part to change?
I want to see it.
There are so many words of friend that I honestly don't know where to change.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I'll just mention that there's still this old experiment of mine. Patch made for version 1.0.4 applies cleanly even to 1.5. Newly added texts (after 1.0.4) of course have "friend" in them, but the old ones are changed correctly. So I'd say it works well.

Here is updated version for 1.5 with texts taken from redknight00's mod. Running the patch on original game will produce the exact same files as are in mod (except two, where I changed forgotten friend to cousin).

I don't plan to keep up with future versions of the game, but it should still work with them (for existing texts). And if someone wants to do the work and update new texts (probably just a few for each version), definition file is easily editable and format is explained in linked post. You can distribute modified version, of just use it as tool to easily create traditional mod (distribute changed game files) without boring and error-prone manual work.

yunmaster

Aug 29, 2017
I'll just mention that there's still this old experiment of mine. Patch made for version 1.0.4 applies cleanly even to 1.5. Newly added texts (after 1.0.4) of course have "friend" in them, but the old ones are changed correctly. So I'd say it works well.

Here is updated version for 1.5 with texts taken from redknight00's mod. Running the patch on original game will produce the exact same files as are in mod (except two, where I changed forgotten friend to cousin).

I don't plan to keep up with future versions of the game, but it should still work with them (for existing texts). And if someone wants to do the work and update new texts (probably just a few for each version), definition file is easily editable and format is explained in linked post. You can distribute modified version, of just use it as tool to easily create traditional mod (distribute changed game files) without boring and error-prone manual work.
You're really great.

Solak

Nov 22, 2017
Updated OP.

Thank you for having helped with the mod despite not playing!

Kommios

Aug 31, 2018
Updated OP.

I hadn't realised that you weren't playing this - that makes it even better of you to have continued updating this for so long. Greatly appreciated, and totally understandable that you're not going to continue it. Thanks for all your hard work, on this and everything else.

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017

That's the whole mod folder, how I am doing this right now is:
1. copy level files to a separate folder (for faster search).
2. find & replace lines from SFL.txt, spaces included.
3. check new level files for new changes, add to master list.
4. playtest game.

I tried automating the process like smnb suggested but never managed to get it quite right so I prefer to do things slow and methodical. And tbh, the first 3 items take 20 mins tops, it's the playtest part that sinks more time, I had troubles with broken patches in the past so I wanted to always make sure everything is in working condition.

smnb

Sep 5, 2017
I'm lazy and I very much like the idea of machines working instead of me. So if I can spend 20 minutes doing something, or machine can do the same in one second, the choice is very simple. :)

Otherwise both methods are the same in principle, find a string and replace it with another.

For anyone interested, this is how original file looks:
string2.png
Red is null byte, that's the end of string (this byte itself is not part of it). Green part is text that should be changed. Highlighted is special character 0D, that's line break. With my method, it needs to be written in data file as \r (there's also 0A and it's \n). Bonus feature is simple error checking. Yellow part (four bytes) is length of string, in this case hexadecimal 54 means 84 characters. Patcher computes length of input and includes it in search, so it's guaranteed that it can't find only some substring and replace something that it shouldn't.

Last edited:

Kaseki

Sep 28, 2018
Thanks for the hard work despite not playing it! As for the future of the mod, is anyone picking it up? If so, are you taking over this thread or moving to a different one?