Daz Saved characters loading without clothes, hair or anatomy

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
So, I've been playing around in Daz and I created four characters that I'd like to use for an upcoming game and I created different versions of them too. For instance HayleyNude, HayleySchoolClothes, HayleyPyjamas, HayleyLingerie. The thing is, when I load all of those except HayleyPyjamas, they load with the bare minimum, they are missing:

• The clothes
  • The hair
  • The fucking Golden Palace/Dicktator genitalia
I tried saving the character as a scene subset, same thing. I tried saving the character as a character preset, same thing.

What gives?

How do I save a character so that all those parts of them remain?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The only way would be a scene subset, iirc. File > Save As > Scene Subset > Uncheck everything but the figure (and click the little arrow to the left to make sure all of the clothes/etc. are checked.).

I personally tend to keep figures and clothing separate. I basically have a Preset folder for clothing and figures, which are further separated by gender and character. So, I'll select the character in a scene > File > Save As > Character Preset. And then Select figure again > File > Save As > Wearables Preset. Makes life easier for my workflow.

GNVE

Jul 20, 2018
Are you getting any errors? Did you move folders?
you can save it as an entire scene btw. just make sure to delete the tonemapper and environment settings from the scene tab.

Drexelhand

Lostworks Dev
Game Developer
May 2, 2017
The only way would be a scene subset, iirc. File > Save As > Scene Subset > Uncheck everything but the figure (and click the little arrow to the left to make sure all of the clothes/etc. are checked.).

I personally tend to keep figures and clothing separate. I basically have a Preset folder for clothing and figures, which are further separated by gender and character. So, I'll select the character in a scene > File > Save As > Character Preset. And then Select figure again > File > Save As > Wearables Preset. Makes life easier for my workflow.
I was going to say that I did that... but I guess I didn't do that part.

Turning Tricks

Rendering Fantasies
Game Developer
Apr 9, 2022
So, I've been playing around in Daz and I created four characters that I'd like to use for an upcoming game and I created different versions of them too. For instance HayleyNude, HayleySchoolClothes, HayleyPyjamas, HayleyLingerie. The thing is, when I load all of those except HayleyPyjamas, they load with the bare minimum, they are missing:

• The clothes
  • The hair
  • The fucking Golden Palace/Dicktator genitalia
I tried saving the character as a scene subset, same thing. I tried saving the character as a character preset, same thing.

What gives?

How do I save a character so that all those parts of them remain?
DAZ is a program that is designed to test people's tolerance for frustration. Nothing ever works 100% as advertised in DAZ and you will be cursing it almost daily for however long you use it.

But ya, Scene Subset is the best option for saving a character(s) with everything intact (including their poses and their X,Y,Z translations). In case you missed this (I did at first!), you can easily uncheck all the scene assets when saving a preset. Then you can more easily just check what you want to include, instead of having to uncheck dozens of other things.

1713618388278.jpeg

I agree with MissFortune about saving characters and clothes separate. I'll even go one further and I save my characters in subsets where they have genitals and where they don't. Most times, you end up hiding Dicktator anyhow, when the character is clothed.

Another thing to remember is that saved Pose Presets don't work with some aftermarket morphs like Dicktator, while the Subsets do.

Another reason to save singles separate like that is too save space. I know, in this age of multi-TB SSD's, space is less and less a worry, but Daz DUF's can add up to massive sizes in a very short time. For example, just one of my games, which is less than 750mb published, takes up about 50GB in scenes, raw renders, assets, custom textures, etc, etc..

A G8 character saved as a Scene Subset, naked and with only normal morphs is less then 1MB in size. Add some clothes and it might creep over 1MB. Add some clothes with complicated morphs and that can balloon. For example.. my G8 MC goes from around 922kb when he is just wearing basic pants and a tshirt, to 98MB when you add the FIT Control morphs to those clothes. I was amazed when I saw that happen, and it explained a lot about how my damn hard drive was filling up so fast.

Personally, I keep a spreadsheet of my characters, with details on all morphs applied, hair assets used, colors and anything else important. So when DAZ inevitably fucks up one of my scenes by loading a rogue morph, I can easily rebuild you character from scratch in minutes.

Reactions: MissFortune

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018

This is easy and IMO best way, but not "only".
Default G8 and G9 loaded to scene have conformed bodyparts eyelashes (eyes, mouth, tears etc). It is added by script addon loader. If you save figure as a character preset you can choose addons which are lodaed with figure and theirs materials.