• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Save The World [v1.0] [Winter Wolves]

1. 3.00 star(s)

deltahalo241

I personally enjoyed it for what it was, the relationship with Sarah stood out as a highlight in the game, despite that Xen felt under-developed and the fling with Agent Callisto while nice to have is also not built up very well.

I think the biggest issue with the game is that it's far too short for the scope of the story that it wants to tell. It took me between 1 1/2 to 3 hours to complete one run of the game, this means there isn't really enough time to meaningfully develop the characters or the conflict at large, so everything feels very surface level.

I did enjoy the two different values that you had to balance between your relationship with the characters and your siding with the aliens or not, and how they factored into which ending you got (Of which there is a good variety) I'm also a sucker for lesbian content so there's that.

Overall, not the best I've played but also not the worst. Needed more time to develop the story and also a bit of quality control (It's all good for the most part but I did notice a few typos here and there) but I enjoyed my time with it overall.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Untolddead

Alright art with a simple story of communist aliens taking over earth. As other reviewers have pointed out the game is filled with current political topics leaning to the left.

Their is a distinct lack of different images making the game feel stale. The images don't capture the characters and there is very little art showing you the changes in the world.

The logic is bad and the ending is anti climatic. Even if you find lesbians hot there isn't much of interest here. The only people who will enjoy this game are communists who have a fantasy of aliens coming down and agreeing and enforcing their ideas.

I give this game 2 stars because the writing is competent and there is quite a lot of text. It's readable and understandable. There was clear effort put into it.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Hybris

It's a nice looking game but I feel like this is it's only real selling point. There is very little adult content even for the girlfriend that is pretty much setup to be a guaranteed happy ending short of actively choosing to end that story line none of the images seen in the preview are here.

It could be that you need some sort of H-Patch that isn't here but frankly this game is a one and done and I can't bring myself to go through the effort to see if I need one and to dig it up.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

Alfre4u

Massive modern ruins any enjoyment, unless you into the likes of She Hulk but with less "parody" I would avoid this.
    Has everything from non stop talk on how bad capitalism is even when you select options that are more understanding of it and of course how awful white people are and down trotted others are, basically everything expected (other then the beautiful model appearances ).

Looks alright and has some thought put into the mechanics to a small extent, but there is even a big thing that damages some of this.
    You basically start with a girlfriend, ie a friend who sleeps in same bed, finish each other sentences (supposedly never actually happens 1x that would require proper story writing not ""modern lessons""), and both very open on lesbian (technically you of course a pan sexual or again least supposedly, more for just getting the word used as there nothing at all too show it --other then a brief mention you had a boyfriend but that means nothing and can mean opposite).

- And the part that ruins it a bit is not the mentioned bad writings, that expected of such a modern thing, but fact there really no reason too not choose the options that constantly pop up to be nice/semi flirt with her, she starts higher then other gal already, and you don't see enough of the other gal (there is also a random fling possibility that has no affect in any way).

Especially since most the "common route" is just the modern junk.
    Then the actual route is decided entirely based on perfect answers for the alien and avoiding think it is 4 or 5 correct for default girlfriend. Which is short and basically sex - rather you selected enough of their side of the support alien/not to get their "good/bad" ending).

Honestly due too the pretty good looks I could have thought of giving this a 2star if it either had more adult content too show off the looks (and I don't even mean just sex could have shown some the killings or how world reacts too things or something).
    It could have also gained a star if more choices mattered or changed up the story outside the good/bad end by having 1 more or less point
    (This feature also showing they could have easily done this with the 2 gals instead of requiring the perfect choices).

If you do like the Modern Stuff then again, I suppose go ahead and give it a go, otherwise this a hard skip the images are almost all posted any ways.