• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Salutations

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Well met, strangers. I, Danny, only son of Tommy, second youngest in the long line of Johan's sons with nearly 29 summers, greets you. As a viking, who hail from the glorious coasts of Denmark, I can only hope we will spend many moons feasting and boasting. May you fare well till we meet around the camp fire.

Reactions: wet n wild and wep

wet n wild

Feb 12, 2018
Merry met! How fitting that I read this while listening to pagan folk metal & drinking. :winkytongue: May your harvests be bountiful, the seas be calmed before your wake, & the beautiful womenfolk be lustful. Skaal!

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Merry met! How fitting that I read this while listening to pagan folk metal & drinking. :winkytongue: May your harvests be bountiful, the seas be calmed before your wake, & the beautiful womenfolk be lustful. Skaal!
The best kind of music! :D
May you find glory on the battlefield and favor of the gods, battle brother :eazyHype:

Reactions: wet n wild

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Shield sister; I like that- I sure as hell am not maiden! XD

Absolutely. :happyblush At that time it was Heidevolk. If you have any recommendations, it would be awesome to hear them..:extremelyhappy:
Finntroll is an obvious suggestion, a Soumi pagan folk metal group singing in Swedish. My favorite song of theirs is . Another would be ALESTORM, not pagan nor folk metal either but actually Pirate Metal group from Scotland, .

wet n wild

Feb 12, 2018
Oh, I <3 Finntroll! Midvinterdraken is my fave so far. Alestorm is awesome as well; "We are here to drink your beer, I steal your rum at the point of a gun"- fits my tastes wonderfully! :p Best part is that I don't have to look up the lyrics translations, (lol!) silly mono-lingual American that I am.. *shrugs*
Have you listened much to Verjnuarmu? Laalavet Jouset makes me puuurrrrr....:evilsmile::FuckYea:
I do adore deep voices though (FETISH ALERT!); any bands you know of that fit that inclination? :HeyGuys:

Reactions: Semeicardia

wet n wild

Feb 12, 2018
If not- so be it; I've found someone across this massive globe with similar musical tastes as mine & I'm glad to have crossed paths with you. Once again; merry met, & may the powers above be kind to you & yours! I look forward to knowing as much about yourself as is allowed. <3

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Oh, I <3 Finntroll! Midvinterdraken is my fave so far. Alestorm is awesome as well; "We are here to drink your beer, I steal your rum at the point of a gun"- fits my tastes wonderfully! :p Best part is that I don't have to look up the lyrics translations, (lol!) silly mono-lingual American that I am.. *shrugs*
Have you listened much to Verjnuarmu? Laalavet Jouset makes me puuurrrrr....:evilsmile::FuckYea:
I do adore deep voices though (FETISH ALERT!); any bands you know of that fit that inclination? :HeyGuys:
Of course I have listen to Verjnuarmu, don't be silly :D
As for band with singers with deep voices, I would say might fit, more folk metal from Finland - and bonus their songs are in english.

If not- so be it; I've found someone across this massive globe with similar musical tastes as mine & I'm glad to have crossed paths with you. Once again; merry met, & may the powers above be kind to you & yours! I look forward to knowing as much about yourself as is allowed. <3
You may know everything, I have nothing to hide - Darkened clouds breaks apart as truth on hopeful wings stride..

wet n wild

Feb 12, 2018
Of course I have listen to Verjnuarmu, don't be silly :D
I'm the only one for a long ways around me that knows of Verjnuarmu, good to find another who appreciates them. :cool:

As for band with singers with deep voices, I would say might fit, more folk metal from Finland - and bonus their songs are in english.
I have Turisas in my music selection; they're at the top of the "figure them out" list now. I don't mind translating one bit, but it's nice to not have to from time to time. =-p My tastes have led me from German, to Finnish, to Russian, to Swedish, to Dutch, & who knows where next..XD Looking forward to all possible sources of inspiration & frission.. ;)

You may know everything, I have nothing to hide - Darkened clouds breaks apart as truth on hopeful wings stride..
Lol, I'm Jon Snow when it comes to knowing things, lol!..always seeking new sources of understanding. I have things to hide (as do we all :winkytongue:); but may relevant truth, hope & perception be illuminated..:relievedface:

partanen

Selectively Active Member
Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Jatkakaahan sitten uppoamistanne suomalais-ugrilaiseen kansanmusiikkiin Metsatöllillä. Kuten esimerkiksi tällä:
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(continue your sinking into Fenno-Ugrian Folk Music with Metsatöll. Like for example with this: )

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
I'm the only one for a long ways around me that knows of Verjnuarmu, good to find another who appreciates them. :cool:

I have Turisas in my music selection; they're at the top of the "figure them out" list now. I don't mind translating one bit, but it's nice to not have to from time to time. =-p My tastes have led me from German, to Finnish, to Russian, to Swedish, to Dutch, & who knows where next..XD Looking forward to all possible sources of inspiration & frission.. ;)

Lol, I'm Jon Snow when it comes to knowing things, lol!..always seeking new sources of understanding. I have things to hide (as do we all :winkytongue:); but may relevant truth, hope & perception be illuminated..:relievedface:
It may be because I am Scandinavian and that travel to Finland, Norway and Sweden is fairly easy.
I am going to , a Norwegian Metal Festival, at the end of March. The link is a link to the schedule page, you may want to take a look at a couple of the names there in case you do not know them all. Sadly they are not all folk metal, but still, it is going to be awesome. In April I am going to , a danish Metal festival, where I am especially looking forward to Ensiferum.

I wonder what it will take to get those secrets out of you, tickling perhaps ;)

Illuminate me, Oh brightest Star. Shine your light upon me from afar.

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Jatkakaahan sitten uppoamistanne suomalais-ugrilaiseen kansanmusiikkiin Metsatöllillä. Kuten esimerkiksi tällä:
(continue your sinking into Fenno-Ugrian Folk Music with Metsatöll. Like for example with this: )
That is awesome! Absolutely awesome :D

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Toinen hyvä esimerkki Metsatöllistä on sitten tämä:
(another good example of Metsatöll is then this: )

Semeicardia

The Real Slim Semei
Modder
Donor
Mar 11, 2017
Toinen hyvä esimerkki Metsatöllistä on sitten tämä:
(another good example of Metsatöll is then this: )
Awesome pick :D

Have you heard Svartsot? They are a danish folk metal band. My favorite song of theirs is :D

partanen

Uploader
Donor
Sep 13, 2017
Ai niin, mainitsinko Moonsorrow'n ja Korpiklaanin? (Ja Vodka on sitten vitsi, mutta loistava itsetuhoisiin juomapeleihin... 4 senttilitraa / Vodka mainittu...)
(Oh, did I mention Moonsorrow and Korpiklaani? (And Vodka is then a joke, but a brilliant one for suicidal drinking games... 4cl / Vodka mentioned...))

And yes, I have heard of Svartsot and now even more...