4.70 star(s) 6 Votes
Jul 15, 2020
parody of the decision of UNITY Devs after they hired an EA Dev into their team and announced a "Download Fee" , for every unity game downloaded, the game developer using UNITY as engine needs to pay up...
Remember that this would also apply to UNITY games released for free, like demos or small scale projects. A "Per Purchase" fee like they originally had and other engines use makes some sense: it's a cut of profits for a sold product that their engine made possible. But a "Download Fee" not only makes it outright a bad thing to use unless you plan on only releasing a final sold product, it also throws off the cost calculations for even the largest of companies incorporating UNITY.

EDIT: I went back and looked at their proposal, and it's even worse. They also would even count uninstalling and reinstalling a game you already bought as two download fees, and so would if one purchase lets you install something on multiple devices. Sure, they tried to walk back some of their most obvious crap, but it's clear what they wanted from the beginning.

Anyone remember that bedtime story about the goose with golden eggs? The one about "don't be the idiot that sacrifices all your long-term profit for short-term gain"? No one read that to the bozos at UNITY. Now they've sold their car for gas money.

Last edited:

Lacinnor

Aug 9, 2019
Are there any other games with this art style? I know this is just a short parody game but the art is amazing

Ecchi Usagi

Oct 23, 2018
Remember that this would also apply to UNITY games released for free, like demos or small scale projects. A "Per Purchase" fee like they originally had and other engines use makes some sense: it's a cut of profits for a sold product that their engine made possible. But a "Download Fee" not only makes it outright a bad thing to use unless you plan on only releasing a final sold product, it also throws off the cost calculations for even the largest of companies incorporating UNITY.

EDIT: I went back and looked at their proposal, and it's even worse. They also would even count uninstalling and reinstalling a game you already bought as two download fees, and so would if one purchase lets you install something on multiple devices. Sure, they tried to walk back some of their most obvious crap, but it's clear what they wanted from the beginning.

Anyone remember that bedtime story about the goose with golden eggs? The one about "don't be the idiot that sacrifices all your long-term profit for short-term gain"? No one read that to the bozos at UNITY. Now they've sold their car for gas money.
lmao now that came to light eh? and here people thought it was buried with time

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
"A game-changing pricing plan threatens to cripple your gaming career"... no way to make this thing work at full screen... I wonder what career? lmfao

supersomeone

Nov 20, 2019
this game just opens smaller and smaller every time I run it and I can't make it bigger/fullscreen it. alt enter don't work either :cry:

Fleppyflepster

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
Hi, I made this shit post relatively quickly to test what launching a game on Itch.io was like. I will answer some questions and respond to some things. Feel free ask more questions if you want about whatever.

how i can full screen the game ? :D
Fullscreen mode is DLC, costs $59.99 (The Full screen option is literally right off screen in the settings menu, I moved it out of camera so no one can press it because I thought it was a funny idea, im sorry lol)

Now, that's in poor taste. He's the one who tried to screw everyone, so why are we going after his kid? You could argue that she benefits off of his business practices, but that doesn't make her guilty of them; she might not even know all this happened. He's the one who should be humiliated, not her. I mean, she is cute so sexualizing her is understandable, but as retaliation, this is unfair. Attack the bad actors, not those associated with them.
All character's in this animation aren't meant to represent anyone in real life besides the CEO (obviously), if they appear similar in anyway to any real person, it's completely coincidental. I had no idea he even had a daughter, or a family. I assumed he just crawled out of hell and spews acid like a Xenomorph or something.

Id probably draw the character with smaller assets if I wanted to match that woman's appearance.

"A game-changing pricing plan threatens to cripple your gaming career"... no way to make this thing work at full screen... I wonder what career? lmfao
Fullscreen mode costs $59.99 but for you I give you discount of $54.99

this game just opens smaller and smaller every time I run it and I can't make it bigger/fullscreen it. alt enter don't work either :cry:
I programmed that just for you! You'll have to buy the fullscreen DLC for every time the screen has shrunk. (I have no idea what you're doing to cause that but that sounds really funny, im sorry)

Missed chance to use unity chan as the female protagonist
I thought about using her but I really don't like her design, she doesn't fit the "bitchy boss" type. Unity Chan still kind of cute but

Gorgeous body, boring hair, shit personality.
Emphasising the boring ass hair.
Thankyou for the feedback, I'll try to work on the hair a little more in the future.

Are there any other games with this art style? I know this is just a short parody game but the art is amazing
Yes. I made this game and I am working on 2 bigger projects. Just look up Fleppyflepster "Grabby Lust Ghost" or "Beauties of Blackfall" and you'll find some stuff I've been working on.

Thanks for all the feedback on my shitpost everyone.

If you liked this, Let me introduce myself:
I'm Fleppy, I'm "relatively" new at game development, I started work on some major projects a few years ago when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and then I took a step back to actually teach myself how to make shit, everything I make is solo. (besides hiring musicians and voice actors)

Bobmainscreenps1.png

Now I'm finishing up my work and making some cool shit I'm excited to share (soon... hopefully soon)

Bobsnip1B.png

OutfitChangeClip.gif

Itch1.png

If any of this is intriguing to you, keep an eye out for more, I will be around.

Last edited:

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
And here it comes... The MESSIAH... The one who knew the perfect way to answer the haters to blast them away. I need to take lessons from you for real, master.

Fleppyflepster

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
And here it comes... The MESSIAH... The one who knew the perfect way to answer the haters to blast them away. I need to take lessons from you for real, master.
Did I do something wrong? I thought I was just answer questions.

If I did something to offend you I am very sorry, that was not my intention.

I hope life is treating you well and I really appreciate all the feedback. Thankyou for your time.

Kravenar Games

Game Developer
Mar 28, 2017
Did I do something wrong? I thought I was just answer questions.

If I did something to offend you I am very sorry, that was not my intention.

I hope life is treating you well and I really appreciate all the feedback. Thankyou for your time.
No mate, you were very polite with your answers! :) Mine was a serious answer. lol

Zemax

☠︎︎ The real world is where the monsters are ☠︎︎
Modder
Uploader
Aug 19, 2022
Hi, I made this shit post relatively quickly to test what launching a game on Itch.io was like. I will answer some questions and respond to some things. Feel free ask more questions if you want about whatever.

Fullscreen mode is DLC, costs $59.99 (The Full screen option is literally right off screen in the settings menu, I moved it out of camera so no one can press it because I thought it was a funny idea, im sorry lol)

All character's in this animation aren't meant to represent anyone in real life besides the CEO (obviously), if they appear similar in anyway to any real person, it's completely coincidental. I had no idea he even had a daughter, or a family. I assumed he just crawled out of hell and spews acid like a Xenomorph or something.

Id probably draw the character with smaller assets if I wanted to match that woman's appearance.

I programmed that just for you! You'll have to buy the fullscreen DLC for every time the screen has shrunk. (I have no idea what you're doing to cause that but that sounds really funny, im sorry)

I thought about using her but I really don't like her design, she doesn't fit the "bitchy boss" type. Unity Chan still kind of cute but

Thankyou for the feedback, I'll try to work on the hair a little more in the future.

Yes. I made this game and I am working on 2 bigger projects. Just look up Fleppyflepster "Grabby Lust Ghost" or "Beauties of Blackfall" and you'll find some stuff I've been working on.

I'm Fleppy, I'm "relatively" new at game development, I started work on some major projects a few years ago when I had absolutely no idea what I was doing and then I took a step back to actually teach myself how to make shit, everything I make is solo. (besides hiring musicians and voice actors)

View attachment 3011122

Now I'm finishing up my work and making some cool shit I'm excited to share (soon... hopefully soon)

View attachment 3011126

View attachment 3011155

View attachment 3011165

If any of this is intriguing to you, keep an eye out for more, I will be around.
Fleppyflepster if you are the Developer of the game please submit to the Developers Badge, make a ticket here, And good Luck on your game Dev.

Good game by the way, I enjoyed it.

Fleppyflepster

Game Developer
Feb 19, 2020
I released a small update for Runtime Fee. Just an option for Fullscreen and Resolution Settings.

Reactions: Tom [DANTOM]

Lacinnor

Aug 9, 2019

View attachment 3011122

View attachment 3011126

View attachment 3011155

View attachment 3011165

Only reading this now, this looks really good!

4.70 star(s) 6 Votes