Tool Ren'Py rpycCorrector 1.04 - RPYC signature corrector [formerly "sigCorrector"]

Antidote Lab.

ABRAXAS
Donor
Game Developer
Oct 5, 2019
My main goal is not to hide my codes, I had a partner I worked with before and the coding knowledge was very poor, the only thing he did was to remove the games with unren and use their codes with copy-paste.I took such a precaution so that he would not do the same to me, but my time was precious. I did such a thing by taking the time. I'm sorry if I pissed you off. I am a follower and fan of the codes you have made, have a nice day: D

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
My main goal is not to hide my codes, I had a partner I worked with before and the coding knowledge was very poor, the only thing he did was to remove the games with unren and use their codes with copy-paste.
It's not my spirit, but I can understand that ; from my point of view it feel useless, but it's just "my point of view".
This said, it would be hypocritical to totally oppose this practice, since the libs I use in my mods are released as compiled Python ; mostly because I sometimes mess deeply with Ren'py's core, and using the code without fully understanding it can break everything. I could argue that compiled Python can be reverted, but the same apply for your RPYC encoding ;)

I'm sorry if I pissed you off.
Don't worry, I'm annoyed, but far to be pissed off. I would have been if I wasn't able to revert your change, yet it would be against me more than against you.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
My main goal is not to hide my codes, I had a partner I worked with before and the coding knowledge was very poor, the only thing he did was to remove the games with unren and use their codes with copy-paste.I took such a precaution so that he would not do the same to me, but my time was precious. I did such a thing by taking the time. I'm sorry if I pissed you off. I am a follower and fan of the codes you have made, have a nice day: D
I understand. in my case i need the decompiled files just to translate the game to brazilian portuguese.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
Now it works.

They weren't changing the file signature (what this tool was initially for) but the way the file is encoded. I changed the behavior of the tool, renamed it because of that, and now it can correct both the signature problem, and any known encoding change.
it worked perfectly, thank you. Now the game Wicked Paradise still has an error.

erro.png

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Now the game Wicked Paradise still has an error.
Hmm. Why are you trying to use this tool on Wicked Paradise ? I just downloaded the last leaked update, and unrpyc works perfectly. Therefore, there's no need to correct the RPYC files, they are already correct.

JumPin

May 14, 2020
Hmm. Why are you trying to use this tool on Wicked Paradise ? I just downloaded the last leaked update, and unrpyc works perfectly. Therefore, there's no need to correct the RPYC files, they are already correct.
The latest version of Wicked Paradise is not extracting the rpyc files unren.png

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
The latest version of Wicked Paradise is not extracting the rpyc files
Sam
Game that have the particularity, like the previous one, to use the version 7.4.0, that come with both a 32bits and 64bits version of Python, and have a radically different approach :
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

It's to assume that the future versions will follow this way, and so that unren is broke with any version superior to 7.3.5. Good news, the compact un.rpyc version continue to works.

Helzing

May 18, 2019

rpyc files can not be rpy. I will be glad if you help.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
we do not sell. unfortunately wrong information.
If you permit, since I have no reason to not believe you, but also none to not believe him, I'll take few days to think about the situation. Not in regard to you in particular, but in regard of the whole problem.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I'll take few days to think about the situation. Not in regard to you in particular, but in regard of the whole problem.
So, I thought about this, weighting the pros and cons.

In one hand, this tool prevent authors to protect their games against people who want to stole it, what isn't something I really want to do.
But in the other hand, it also permit to the scene on its whole, to do its job. Whatever it's a modder or a translator, this tool permit them to works even on "protected" games. It also offer to the community the possibility to provide patches and to verify that the game don't do shady things in the shadow.

Therefore, the question was to decide if the help this tool provide is more important than the risk it present. And it's the last game presented, Girl House, or more precisely the particular version of this game, that gave me the answer : Yes, this tool is more helpful than harmful.

This became obvious when I cracked the protection, and discovered a totally different game ; a game without what seem to be a login step... What mean that this tool have another utility, it also prevent some peoples to do dick moves.

Now, back to Girl House, Helzing . It can not be cracked in one step, because it's not just the rpyc files of the game that are encoded differently.
Normally, the author distribute Ren'py as it, including the original .rpy files from the core. But like the team that translated this game made some bad move (the login step), they altered those files and only kept the rpyc ones, in order to, they thoughts, protect their shady works.
That mean that you have to use a dedicated version of this tool (link in OP), then either move the content of the "/game" directory into a blank Ren'py distribution, or use the content of the "/renpy" directory of a blank Ren'py distribution to replace the one of this game.
It would have been possible to proceed automatically the altered part of the core, but it would have left the alteration they did, what would have been a really bad idea.

Note that it's not impossible that this variation works with other games distributed by those translators. Therefore I included a verification of the signature itself, and anything that will match it will be proceeded. But be warned that there's no possibility to effectively ensure that the encoding will be the same. So keep a copy of the game somewhere, just in case.

Reactions: gue5t

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017
anne O'nymous
Maybe you want to take a look at some rpyc manipulation a user decided(...) to report in the unrpyc repo:

He doesnt give good or much info and holds app name intentionally back, but maybe its anyway some free time fun or interesting for you.

Greets :coffee:

fattrapper

Modder
Jun 19, 2019
anne O'nymous - any chance you could cast your eye over https://f95zone.to/threads/winds-of-the-destiny-v0-6-0-golden-novels.50229/ ?

I've tried to use your existing scripts (having used a hex editor to try and get the header info) but am willing to admit that my own knowledge of getting around this is limited.

Basically put, the game Dev has changed the headers to MY_HEADER[......] but each rpyc file appears to be slightly different when compared to each other from what I can tell.

Reactions: travin213

Madeddy

Dec 17, 2017

charly89

Mar 25, 2021
Overview:
Lately, some authors started to mess with RPYC files, making un.rpyc and unrpyc.py not working. This tool simply mess with them and revert their changes to make the RPYC file compatible again with un.rpyc and unrpyc.py.​

Updated: 20 December 2020
Author: anne O'nymous
Tool Version: 1.04
Language: English

Features :
Revert the changes made with RPYC files' signature, and encoding, to turn them back to regular RPYC files.

Instruction :
Extract the content of the archive in the game root directory. Then launch rpycCorrector.bat, either from the console or directly from windows files explorer.

Conoscere i problemi:
La presenza di caratteri non ASCII nel percorso della cartella potrebbe causare problemi.
Inoltre, e ovviamente, non funzionerà con nuovi modi per pasticciare con i file RPYC. Se incontri un caso del genere, non esitare ad avvisarmi.

Codifica alternativa RPYC supportata :

In alternativa supportato:
Alcuni giochi non possono essere completati automaticamente e necessitano di una versione dedicata.

Registro delle modifiche :

Per evitare perdite, i file originali vengono mantenuti con il loro nome + l'estensione '.ORIGINAL'.

Scarica : rpycCorrector 1.04

[/CITAZIONE]
Saluti. puoi aiutarmi con questo gioco?. https://f95zone.to/threads/white-cube-v0-4-anekin69.105735/ . come posso recuperare i file rpy? Grazie :)

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Saluti. puoi aiutarmi con questo gioco?. https://f95zone.to/threads/white-cube-v0-4-anekin69.105735/ . come posso recuperare i file rpy? Grazie
Please, you are on an English speaking forum, therefore speak English. And also, try to quote correctly, so without including your own text inside the quotation.

This being said, accordingly to the few Italian that I still remember, well, the answer don't lie on this thread. The rpy files are available, therefore what you need is to use unren.