RPGM RPGMMZ - A Urban Demon like Plugin

Morzan3

Nov 1, 2020
Hey guys,

I just finished a set of plugins (on RPG Maker MZ, not MV, be careful) allowing you to use:
- a day/time period system
- a progression system, each actor receives new characteristics (progress, corruption, purity, if he/she has met the MC...), there's also a system of routes ...
- a phone menu, it displays the informations of the progression system, allows you to simulate the sending and reception of messages and a hint system.
- a scene player that allows you to easily create and display cutscenes
It's based on the system used by the game Urban Demon by Nergal, check it out it's great.

I've heavily documented these plugins, so even if you're not interested in developing something with it, you can still download it as I think it serves as a good tutorial on how to develop plugins on MZ.

There's 3 files
- : the "little" doc filled with a lot of useful stuff
- : Only the plugin, the images needed and the default
architecture
- : The project I used to test the plugin
I'll update the documentation once all the bugs improvements are done
Last update 21/01/2022 01:47

Almost the same plugins but for RMMV

Last edited:

Zachy

Spark Of Life
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 6, 2017
Good job man, even though you can already do that through eventing, I'm pretty sure it'll help a lot of beginners ^^

Morzan3

Nov 1, 2020
Good job man, even though you can already do that through eventing, I'm pretty sure it'll help a lot of beginners ^^
Yeah, the time management and the progression system could. (actually, even with this plugin, you need to have a 2 variables for the day and the time period).
But I think it simplify things, for example when you want to add an actor, you don't need to put each characteristics in a variable, it's already there.

BoycottedGuy

Feb 17, 2018
(google translate alert)

thanks for the plugin, it's very good, I realized that it seems that the delay of the animations is adding up, you can see it by talking many times with the same npc and you will see how the animation speeds up, is it on purpose? And if so, how can I make it not so? thanks again for the plugin

Morzan3

Nov 1, 2020
(google translate alert)

thanks for the plugin, it's very good, I realized that it seems that the delay of the animations is adding up, you can see it by talking many times with the same npc and you will see how the animation speeds up, is it on purpose? And if so, how can I make it not so? thanks again for the plugin
I don't know if that's what you're talking about but the animation is divided in several acts and you can change stuff each act. In the example I gave here:
In the first act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 200ms (with delay<=>200)
In the second act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 40ms (with delay<=>40) so it speeds up
In the third act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 20ms (with delay<=>20) so it speeds up
In the last act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 100ms (with delay<=>100) so it slows down

I don't know if the plugin is up to date, though, Boku is using it in his revamp of UD so I'll follow that and correct any mistakes/ improve stuff as it goes on.

BoycottedGuy

Feb 17, 2018
I don't know if that's what you're talking about but the animation is divided in several acts and you can change stuff each act. In the example I gave here:
In the first act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 200ms (with delay<=>200)
In the second act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 40ms (with delay<=>40) so it speeds up
In the third act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 20ms (with delay<=>20) so it speeds up
In the last act, the delay between 2 frames of the animation is 100ms (with delay<=>100) so it slows down

I don't know if the plugin is up to date, though, Boku is using it in his revamp of UD so I'll follow that and correct any mistakes/ improve stuff as it goes on.
I mean, for example, if you talk to an npc that only has a scene with an act, which has a delay of 60, it works fine, but if you talk to the same npc again, the delay is no longer 60, it's now 120, and thus, the delay is added and the animation of the same npc goes faster each time, although in the txt it says that the delay is 60, at least that happens in the test project

Morzan3

Nov 1, 2020
I tested it, I don't seem to be able to replicate the bug. I just updated the links, try with the last version and if you still have the bug, could you send me your project? I'll try to see what's wrong.

• Red Heart
Reactions: BoycottedGuy

BoycottedGuy

Feb 17, 2018
I tested it, I don't seem to be able to replicate the bug. I just updated the links, try with the last version and if you still have the bug, could you send me your project? I'll try to see what's wrong.
It also happens to me with the new version

What I do is: I go to the mother, I choose corruption, I go to the mother's npc that has the animation, I see the animation, I talk to the same npc again, and the animation gets faster and faster every time you talk to her

I'm going to try to record a video and upload it somewhere

Last edited:

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
I'd like to see this as well, cause I've tested it by fully implementing an easter egg scene and I've never encountered this bug.

BoycottedGuy

Feb 17, 2018
I'd like to see this as well, cause I've tested it by fully implementing an easter egg scene and I've never encountered this bug.
Here I leave the video, I have the suspicion that my rpg maker mz is the one with the problem but I have already downloaded it from many places and the same thing keeps happening to me :c
(with the exported project it's worse, it can't even find the txt of the animations and it sends an error, although they are obviously in the folders)

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
I honestly have no clue why that's happening. I even tried setting up a similar event in my mod and didn't run into the issue. I did however run into the issue when I did the same thing as you in the demo project, so my guess is that it's not an issue with the plugin, but instead the demo.

• Red Heart

L0R3M

Apr 10, 2020
(google translate alert)

I've finally run into the issue you were talking about in my own project, so it seems the plugin is at fault rather than the demo.

• Wow

qwertz7654321

Sep 23, 2019
I tested it, ...
I ran into a problem when i deployed a game. During the "playtest" directly in MZ the Scenes work. If I use the game.exe everything starts normal but triggering the scene event gets an "Can't find: /data/Scenes/(name)/0.txt" Error. But all the files exist, it doesnt even work when i put the .exe in the same folder as the project-file.
I also dowloaded your "test_project" and noticed that it has no .exe, deployed it and ran into the same problem(only working within PlayTest).
Was this ever tested and is a problem on my side, or?

qwertz7654321

Sep 23, 2019
I finally had some time to look into this, in the Baseplugin is a "www" folder added that MZ doesnt create anymore, all files that are stored there in MV are now just in the Gamefolder. the Error doesnt bother mentioning the false path because the edit happens outside. I changed the line and it now works in Playtest and the Depl.Game. (fix attached)

Morzan3

Nov 1, 2020
Hey!
Yeah, there are some stuff that are still buggy in there, I corrected a lot of stuff on the MV version (which I didn't updated yet because I want to be sure it works), but the MZ version didn't change much (maybe I corrected some things but not sure).
So there are some problems left:
-This deployment issue
-An issue with android (not sure)
-Some modifications that Boku wanted me to implement.

I'll correct this once I motivate myself and I'll upload it.

Reactions: qwertz7654321