Tool RPGM Completed [RPGM] Global stocks for shops!

Onedge

Game Developer
Nov 10, 2020
I wasn't sure if an RPGM plugin is counted as a "tool", but anyway.
This is a plugin that I've made for my own games, and it allows the dev to set a specific stock for an item for all shops in the game. The stock can be an integer, a variable, a function, or even code. It's as simple as adding a note on the item that you want to have a limited number of.

I was basically looking for such a plugin for a long time, something that's *really simple* to use, and does just this, so that it can be used for things like upgrading your base, or buying new buildings or tools, etc. And I couldn't find it anywhere, so, now that I had the knowledge, I decided to make it and give it to the community. However, the way it's written, it also allows for stocks being replenished weekly, or by progress, or whatever.

Note that it's working globally by intent, it isn't meant to have different stocks for different shops. It's meant to be used for items that you don't want the player to have more than X amount (like upgrades or tools etc).

Compatibility:
The code is clear and unobfuscated so that you can see exactly what it does, and it should be compatible with most plugins - maybe it would need to be placed at the end of the list (below all others). It should also be compatible with both MV and MZ.

License:
It's free to use for both commercial and non-commercial projects. Just put my coder nickname "Makai Rosi" in your credits if you're really nice.

Usage:
Just add it in your plugins and you will see the way it's used in the help section. I have also included examples. It basically uses the items' note section in the database - I've made it really simple.

PS: Note that the site would not allow me to attach a JS file, so I turned it into a zip file. Make sure to tell me if it has any bugs!
PS2: This only works for items, it shouldn't work for weapons or armors.

Reactions: XforU

XforU

Of Horingar
Game Developer
Nov 2, 2017
I usually set the files to txt and upload them that way.
Anyway cool plugin, I personally don't need it but I'll test it out.

• Red Heart
Reactions: Onedge
Apr 21, 2022
I wasn't sure if an RPGM plugin is counted as a "tool", but anyway.
This is a plugin that I've made for my own games, and it allows the dev to set a specific stock for an item for all shops in the game. The stock can be an integer, a variable, a function, or even code. It's as simple as adding a note on the item that you want to have a limited number of.

I was basically looking for such a plugin for a long time, something that's *really simple* to use, and does just this, so that it can be used for things like upgrading your base, or buying new buildings or tools, etc. And I couldn't find it anywhere, so, now that I had the knowledge, I decided to make it and give it to the community. However, the way it's written, it also allows for stocks being replenished weekly, or by progress, or whatever.

Note that it's working globally by intent, it isn't meant to have different stocks for different shops. It's meant to be used for items that you don't want the player to have more than X amount (like upgrades or tools etc).

Compatibility:
The code is clear and unobfuscated so that you can see exactly what it does, and it should be compatible with most plugins - maybe it would need to be placed at the end of the list (below all others). It should also be compatible with both MV and MZ.

License:
It's free to use for both commercial and non-commercial projects. Just put my coder nickname "Makai Rosi" in your credits if you're really nice.

Usage:
Just add it in your plugins and you will see the way it's used in the help section. I have also included examples. It basically uses the items' note section in the database - I've made it really simple.

PS: Note that the site would not allow me to attach a JS file, so I turned it into a zip file. Make sure to tell me if it has any bugs!
PS2: This only works for items, it shouldn't work for weapons or armors.
Nice one! :D

I'm curious, what use-case did your games specifically have for such a plugin? Just about everything I can think of that would affect game balance could probably be addressed by doing something simpler. Lowering the Max stack size of that item in the database, or even flagging it as a Key Item if you only want them to have one of them. So I'm interested in not only what problems did you solve with it, but why did you want this solution, specifically?