Tool RPGM RPG Maker Unpacker

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
? You talked Naughty Turtle himself about extracting tool? What's purpose ?

Naughty Turtle is game creator, and you (including me and all extracting tool users) are game reverse engineer.
We are opposite sides from him, in a way we are enemies for him. I think we should avoid talking around him about reverse engineering.
Because I was helping him optimize his eventing, thus improving the games overall performance. When I game him advice on discord, we started talking over DM's. He's been extremely grateful for my help, going so far as to offer to pay me. He knows I used an extractor to view his game, and has no problem with it. I even showed him specific event screenshots in RPGMaker that are the big performance hits. Ever since he updated the game the extractor doesn't work anymore, but he didn't do anything specific to prevent it. Thankfully, I gave him enough general advice to work with so my help is probably no longer needed, but if he had a specific question I would have a tough time answering it now.

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
All right, I understand your purpose.
Well, I don't know the cause but I have some feeling I had watched strange sentences in new script from ver 1.12.
I'll check after I'm back home.
Thanks man. It's low priority, so don't feel like you have to rush or anything.

karist

Mar 2, 2019
Oh, I remembered.

Ace Core Engine
Ace Item Menu
Event text
These 3 scripts are open ones written by major rpg maker programmer.
But in ver 1.12, mysterious sentences are added to them.
Especially 1st one, method name is 'obfuscate_switches_and_variables', very meaninguful name.
About 3rd one, maybe this is for limitation of earning money, I can't undestand the reason why he wrote this
on unrelated script.

I couldn't find any concern between these strange sentences and being blank.

Last edited:
Reactions: Insomnimaniac Games

Insomnimaniac Games

Engaged Member
Game Developer
May 25, 2017
Oh, I remembered.

Ace Core Engine
Ace Item Menu
Event text
These 3 scripts are open ones written by major rpg maker programmer.
But in ver 1.12, mysterious sentences are added to them.
Especially 1st one, method name is 'obfuscate_switches_and_variables', very meaninguful name.
About 3rd one, maybe this is for limitation of earning money, I can't undestand the reason why he wrote this
on unrelated script.

I couldn't find any concern between these strange sentences and being blank.
Yeah, he definitely ran it through some sort of obfuscator. Oh well.
Screenshot 2023-12-14 090729.png

Kirino-7

Apr 4, 2021
What to do if I need to decrypt RPG Maker MV game, but it's only exe file and www folder with saves?
RPG Maker MV decrypter doesn't work with this, it can't see this exe file.

ghulsk

Aug 9, 2016
is there a way to get the gallery extracted somehow? i tried all decrypter but it doesn't work there are no files to extract.

UnoriginalNick

Jan 25, 2022
Hello, I've been trying to decrypt Black Souls 2, but when I open this program the game file just doesn't appear. I already checked and it is a .rgss3 file... I also made a new project on rpg maker vx and the decrypter couldn't find that .rgss3 file either.
I've never done anything like this before so i'm at my wits end, is this game just not compatible with the unpacker or something?
EDIT: ignore everything above this: the game didn't have anything I needed to decrypt lol. If anyone had the " no RGSSAD header " or missing rgss file problem, you just gotta make a new project on RPG maker then copy all the data files from the game folder to that project.

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 1 Vote