• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool RPGM RPG Maker MV v1.62 Linux Mac and Windows

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

jan.spam

Mar 30, 2018
Dear all, where do you see a "www" folder in the program RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Mac_OS_X.. ? even if I go to Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\ there is none. Do I have to create it? would I still need a software like Wine to run the Win software?

Last edited:

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Dear all, where do you see a "www" folder in the program RPG_Maker_MV_v1.6.2_Mac_OS_X.. ? even if I go to Game.app\Contents\Resources\app.nw\ there is none. Do I have to create it? would I still need a software like Wine to run the Win software?
Hi, you won't find a "www" folder there, it's in the original PC folders not in RPG maker. "app.nw" is the equivalent of the PC "www" folder. Read the previous posts where the rest is explained. In my experience some PC games will be successfully launched with Wine softwares but that's another path from RPG maker.

Reactions: jan.spam

cimibibapa2

Dec 15, 2018
Thanks that was a good advice to make a change in the file "plugins.js" from "false" to "true" and checking the same file on my working with old saves v74062 it was indeed set on "true". But it's still not working I can't clic on "Continue" to access old saves.
I think this step had to be done but there is another step somewhere blocking the process.
Finally found a better and easiest way to port LUST EPIDEMIC from PC to Mac with old saves working, thanks to this pal and without RPG MAKER. And it can apparently be done for all coming updates!

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Thanks that was a good advice to make a change in the file "plugins.js" from "false" to "true" and checking the same file on my working with old saves v74062 it was indeed set on "true". But it's still not working I can't clic on "Continue" to access old saves.
I think this step had to be done but there is another step somewhere blocking the process.
Someone uploaded his unofficial Mac version here:
Anyway, i'm sorry for the delay but 3GB take a little time to be uploaded and now here is the link for the unofficial Lust Epidemic v77071 for Mac (previous saves work, the version indication on the title window is correct this time :) ):
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-epidemic-v77071-nlt-media.15687/post-2095347

And there is this information too. Maybe this helps with your save problem.
For those who want a working Mac version do the following…
  1. Use the last working version for Mac (74?).
  2. Create a copy (in case there are issues).
  3. Download latest PC version.
  4. Open it and copy all folders/files in the www folder except the js folder.
  5. Right click and show package contents on the Mac copy.
  6. Paste the www content into the resources/app.nw folder and overwrite. Presto - working Mac version.
The key to getting saves working properly is NOT copying the js folder mentioned in step 4. I've been doing this for each new update for the last two or three times and everything is working just great.
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-epidemic-v77071-nlt-media.15687/post-2096860

EDIT: Ok, I see you succeeded in creating your own Mac version.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Finally found a better and easiest way to port LUST EPIDEMIC from PC to Mac with old saves working, thanks to this pal and without RPG MAKER. And it can apparently be done for all coming updates!
As long as the dev does not change/modify plugins it will work.
I just downloaded the mac version (never played the game) and will check where it places the save folder.... I 'll update this post as soon I find it.

edit: I found it.
You'll find your saves in the diretory
\Users\"your user name"\Library\Application Support\KADOKAWA\
It also creates a folder For "LustEpidemic" but he places the saves outside of the folder :giggle:

Last edited:

goobdoob

Conversation Conqueror
Modder
Respected User
Dec 17, 2017
As long as the dev does not change/modify plugins it will work.
I just downloaded the mac version (never played the game) and will check where it places the save folder.... I 'll update this post as soon I find it.

edit: I found it.
You'll find your saves in the diretory
It also creates a folder For "LustEpidemic" but he places the saves outside of the folder :giggle:
Macs use / as the path separator, not \.

Also, the shorthand for your home directory (/Users/<username>) is ~ . So, ~/Library/Application Support/KADOKAWA .

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Macs use / as the path separator, not \.

Also, the shorthand for your home directory (/Users/<username>) is ~ . So, ~/Library/Application Support/KADOKAWA .
I know.... all unix systems use it, not only Macs.
I simply instructed how to find the files through the "Finder" interface, since he could not locate the files when earlier I wrote
If it was this the saves should have been placed somewhere in ~/Library/Application Support/
Instead of writting
I could have written
>Users>"your user name">Library>Application Support>KADOKAWA>
:)

By the way do you know why in mac versions v1.6.1 and v1.6.2 Kadokawa includes 3 copies of the "nwjs Framework" ?
The main one is located in
/Game.app/Contents/Versions/65.0.3325.146/nwjs Framework.framework/
and the other two are in
/Game.app/Contents/Versions/65.0.3325.146/nwjs Framework.framework/Versions/A/
and
/Game.app/Contents/Versions/65.0.3325.146/nwjs Framework.framework/Versions/Current/
I cannot figure out if they are really needed or if Kadokawa devs messed up when they updated it.:confused:

rickmazza

Jan 26, 2019
Don't add the "www" folder inside "app.nw" .
"app.nw" folder on the mac = "www" folder on windows and linux
1. can you post a screenshot of the directory?
2. if possible upload the file "rpgcore.js" of the game.

edit I just checked. it uses a modified yanfly version 1.5.0
Download the mac version 1.5.0 from here instead of the 1.6.2
(some games can brake compatibility with later versions e.g. "Nymphomania Paradox", and need a bit of fine tuning to work with 1.6.2 and that is the reason that I added all the versions of the rpg mv engine here )

Update: I checked. On the version that I had uploaded in the first post, I had removed the file "package.json" from the directories folders "www" and "app.nw".
I updated the links with those from the thread RPG Maker MV engine (all versions) (since I had already fixed it in those).
Redownload the and use that instead of the previous one.
Tnks! worked like a charm!

Reactions: pk2000

YONYKD

Apr 13, 2019
1.62 mac version does not work properly for Lust Epidemic [v80072]

error:

Your file was not found
It may have been moved or deleted.
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND

RonnyBoy19

Feb 15, 2018
I don't find or I don't have KADOKAWA for the save files. Is there another folder or another place to look for?

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018

error:

Your file was not found
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
You don't need to download the RPG Maker to port the latest Lust Epidemic update to Mac. Just follow the instructions from OP in the thread
https://f95zone.to/threads/lust-epidemic-v80072-nlt-media.15687/post-965112

For Mac Users:
  1. Use the last working version for Mac (use the search function to find them in this thread).
  2. Create a copy (in case there are issues).
  3. Download latest PC version.
  4. Open it and copy all folders/files in the www folder except the js folder.
  5. Right click and show package contents on the Mac copy.
  6. Paste the www content into the resources/app.nw folder and overwrite. Presto - working Mac version.
The key to getting saves working properly is NOT copying the js folder mentioned in step 4. I've been doing this for each new update for the last two or three times and everything is working just great.
(Thank you The GIT! for your Mac instruction!)

For Linux Users:
  1. Download the latest PC Version
  2. Download (thank you johnelros for the link!)
  3. Replace all the files from the Win version with the Linux Launcher files (you can delete the other files, but it isn't necessary).
  4. Copy and paste your old save folder to the game's www folder.
  5. Have fun playing Lust Epidemic.

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017

error:

Your file was not found
ERR_FILE_NOT_FOUND
Post a screenshot of the error and also post a screenshot of the directory "Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/"
I don't find or I don't have KADOKAWA for the save files. Is there another folder or another place to look for?
If you played the windows version without modyfing the plugins.js the save should be located inside the game directory
"Game.app/Contents/Resources/app.nw/save/"

SakuiSama

Jul 16, 2019
Would the RPG Maker MV versions 1.62 or 1.61 work with a RPGM game called " Detective Girl of the The Steam City"? The game uses RPG Maker MV version 1.61 but I am using a Linux Mint distro. I tried both versions 1.61 and 1.62 but I had no success. The game mentioned is also found on this site. The result from trying is just a black screen with a loading title. The RPG maker does ask for a password when using those then when im trying to launch it.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Would the RPG Maker MV versions 1.62 or 1.61 work with a RPGM game called " Detective Girl of the The Steam City"? The game uses RPG Maker MV version 1.61 but I am using a Linux Mint distro. I tried both versions 1.61 and 1.62 but I had no success. The game mentioned is also found on this site. The result from trying is just a black screen with a loading title. The RPG maker does ask for a password when using those then when im trying to launch it.
Try this instructions here. I use it for Lilly from the Valley, Lust Epidemic, ANNA ... and other RPGs .. all of them run natively on my Laptop using Ubuntu 16.04 Linux distro.
For Linux Users:
  1. Download the latest PC Version
  2. Download (thank you johnelros for the link!)
  3. Replace all the files from the Win version with the Linux Launcher files (you can delete the other files, but it isn't necessary).
  4. Copy and paste your old save folder to the game's www folder.

Reactions: explosiver

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Yes, all the versions work with all the games (they are just the official launchers).
To actually update or downgrade the game itself to a specific version includes also adding the new data files in the games www folder and this can brake some games.
Can you post a screenshot?
I'll try the game on my debian machine and report back in some hours.

Update/fix for " Detective Girl of the The Steam City" (for Linux but should be the same for mac too)
open the folder "\www\fonts" and change the name of the file "CALIFR.TTF" to "CALIFR.ttf".
The launcher could not locate the file CALIFR.ttf and would not proceed without it. After you rename it everything will work fine.

Last edited:

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Try this instructions here. I use it for Lilly from the Valley, Lust Epidemic, ANNA ... and other RPGs .. all of them run natively on my Laptop using Ubuntu 16.04 Linux distro.
Please stop hijacking this thread.
The engine that you keep pointing to, is nothing more and nothing less than a creepled (missing files) MV 1.5.0.

Last edited:

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Please stop hijacking this thread.
The engine that you keep pointing to, is nothing more and nothing less than a creepled (missing files) MV 1.5.0.
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to hijack your thread. I simply tried to offer a fast workaround for him and others for RPGs.

However, thank you for this thread and the instructions.

Reactions: pk2000

pk2000

Aug 12, 2017
Sorry, it wasn't my intention to hijack your thread. I simply tried to offer a fast workaround for him and others for RPGs.

However, thank you for this thread and the instructions.
I don't have a problem with others responding, especially since you tried to help, I just wanted you to understand that it is just an older MV Launcher/engine. A non problematic game will work on every launcher 1.2.x, 1.4.x, 1.5.x, 1.6.x but a problematic game will not.

I uploaded also the debugger version 1.6.2 for Windows and Linux so all members can debug and identify problems as the above "Detective Girl of the The Steam City" that SakuiSama encountered; it would be impossible to find the problem with the not debug launcher...

Last edited:
Reactions: cold_arctus

SakuiSama

Jul 16, 2019
There might be something with the package from Detective Girl that is causing problems. Anyone had any success?

Edited for update: Got it to work with vs 1.61 after making the TFF change to tff. But I did come up with a problem. Im also curious to see if the package that has 1 mb more than the other is at fault for the resource missing. By package I mean resources.pak

Last edited:
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes