RPG Maker MV Black Quest screen

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I've run into a problem in a few RPG Maker MV games. Part of the Quest screen is just a black field.
2020-03-04 13_10_08-Greenshot.png

It only seems to affect MV games, and it's only that one area. Everything else in the game runs fine.

Anyone know what the problem is, or have any idea how to fix the it?

Last edited:

Silvarein

Apr 24, 2020
I had some problems similar to this in games like fallen makina, nymphomania paradox and peasant quest but it's just black screen after the new game or continue page. But the quest page in peasant quest in my other computer does have the same black screen. From what I've seen the similarities in these games is they mostly have rather big resolution so I think it's related to that.

Anyway, after browsing this entire site searching for answers and failing. I tried using compactibility settings and it worked apparently on all of them apparently. So yeah, give that a try if you haven't found an answer yet.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
I had some problems similar to this in games like fallen makina, nymphomania paradox and peasant quest but it's just black screen after the new game or continue page. But the quest page in peasant quest in my other computer does have the same black screen. From what I've seen the similarities in these games is they mostly have rather big resolution so I think it's related to that.

Anyway, after browsing this entire site searching for answers and failing. I tried using compactibility settings and it worked apparently on all of them apparently. So yeah, give that a try if you haven't found an answer yet.
Compactibility? Do you mean compatibility? You'll have to explain that further.

Nerra

Apr 13, 2018
OK, I tried running Downfall: A Story of Corruption in Windows XP compatibility mode and that fixed the "black quest screen" problem.

Silvarein

Apr 24, 2020
OK, I tried running Downfall: A Story of Corruption in Windows XP compatibility mode and that fixed the "black quest screen" problem.
Ah yeah sorry, english isn't my first language. Glad it worked out for you too. I guess it's because it's only compatible with xp since others didn't work.

sonofadude

Jan 2, 2021
I've had the same issue with a PC version running on android (JoiPlay). Аpparently the problem is related to window/font sizes. After digging around a little I came up with the following solution:

open file: (game folder)/www/js/plugins.js (with a text editor, e.g. notepad)
find&replace: "Font Size\":\"28\" --> "Font Size\":\"16\" (replace all, there are 4 of them and all are related to a QuestJournal plugin)

Worked for me.
Make a backup copy of the file before tinkering with it, just in case :)
Peasant's Quest, looked the same. Maybe it will be useful to someone

Mashinav1

Jan 23, 2020
Download Rpg maker MV
unpack game.rar in folder www - it's file project -UNPACK THE FILE ITSELF NOT THE FOLDER
run project file
plugins
found YEP_QuestJournal
Безымянный.png
Change font size in all 4 parts
less is better
save project
Run game
Cheking journal

Last edited:
  • Red Heart
Reactions: BareMinimumMan

Mashinav1

Jan 23, 2020

that working too
but you have problem with text

Last edited:

Mashinav1

Jan 23, 2020
New guide "Claire Quest"
Delete <Wordrap> in Quest Data Window.
Rename it Name: %1
it's fixing journal quest
16 font size in 4 position
edit all 106 quests
in 69 letters for descr
in 63 letters for objective

Переменуйте <Wordrap> в Quest Data Window.
Напишите Название: %1
это фиксит темный экран
16 размер шрифта в 4 позициях (Cмотреть выше)
переписать все квесты в 69 букв для описания
63 букв для целей

Last edited: