3.90 star(s) 8 Votes

Jaguar26

Roshutsu Developer
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
My Naked Li(f)e will never be finished, so many delays and not a single demo released. I smell a scam.
On the contrary, if that game wasn't in active development then the developers wouldn't be posting any weekly progress reports like Amber's character model being updated once again, animation work, character and environment designs, technical/programming work, etc. Heck, there wouldn't even be any delays because who's gonna announce a delay to a game if there's no one behind said game to work on it? It'd be effectively dead, wouldn't it?

I get that it's frustrating that we still haven't got a playable demo for that game yet but you need to understand that game development is a very complicated time-consuming process especially if you're a solo dev or have a very small team depending on the game's scope and the budget and free time you have.
I also have nothing to do with that project anymore. I've long since left it so I have no idea what they're doing.

Jaguar26

Roshutsu Developer
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
So uh...last release was 58 days ago. Last twitter post of substance was Dec 1st "hoping to release the next ver by Xmas", followed by a Dec 23rd post showing off Rika in Xmas-themed outfits that "ran into tech issues" to release and "we hope to have more next year"...so basically nothing's been done on official channels since.
I got a burst of energy back in October which gave me the energy for the November release. I was hoping to get new outfits added to Rika for Christmas, however we ran into technical problems as my modeler was using an old version of Rika which had huge incompatibilities with the version I was using. You can see some of the issues below.

We were able to get her updated model compatible with her existing clothes after some finagling, but we weren't able to get her Christmas outfits updated before the holidays were over; and it takes forever to get anything from my modeler. For a game about stripping, adding clothes seems counter-productive.

The Roshutsu source project is a monstrosity and is plagued with half-baked implementations. Coupled with lack of direction, it makes coming back to the project difficult. Whenever I open the project, I think "WTF am I supposed to do?"

ranfar5

Mar 8, 2019
I got a burst of energy back in October which gave me the energy for the November release. I was hoping to get new outfits added to Rika for Christmas, however we ran into technical problems as my modeler was using an old version of Rika which had huge incompatibilities with the version I was using. You can see some of the issues below.

We were able to get her updated model compatible with her existing clothes after some finagling, but we weren't able to get her Christmas outfits updated before the holidays were over; and it takes forever to get anything from my modeler. For a game about stripping, adding clothes seems counter-productive.

The Roshutsu source project is a monstrosity and is plagued with half-baked implementations. Coupled with lack of direction, it makes coming back to the project difficult. Whenever I open the project, I think "WTF am I supposed to do?"
Sounds like you need a new modeller, just like a bad chef on Kitchen Nightmares, he's bringing your "Restaurant" down by being out of date and taking forever.

I feel you on the last part though, that's why my own exhibitionism game is sittin there unfinished. I've gone back to it multiple times and I'm just like...what the fuck was I doing again? How did I do that trick? Fuck. lol

As for clothes in an exhibitionism game, that's exactly it - you want variety in what you strip, or say, a jacket that doesn't quite cover the genitals but the character is internally thinking "I hope it's hiding my naughty bits", instilling that unknown and panic into her mindset. Same with shorter skirts, band-aids, some of those examples you posted, etc. The whole "walking behind someone while exposing yourself" is more fun if you like the outfit too, a tank top, a different t-shirt, a barely-covering tube top; skirts, mini-skirts, unbuttoned/unzipped jeans, and the most traditional exhibitionist outfit of all, the trenchcoat with nothing under it.

I strongly urge you to look at the Seleka game I linked earlier and take some inspiration/ideas from it; there's no shame in it, only opportunities for Rika's shame.

Reactions: thegooglyman

Jaguar26

Roshutsu Developer
Game Developer
Jun 16, 2020
Sounds like you need a new modeller, just like a bad chef on Kitchen Nightmares, he's bringing your "Restaurant" down by being out of date and taking forever.
Were it so easy. I've been wanting to find another modeler but it's been really hard. And I've thrown enough money down the hole that I'm getting very adverse to throwing any more. I've spent thousands of dollars on it with no returns. It's a money sink and I need to start actually saving money.

I strongly urge you to look at the Seleka game I linked earlier and take some inspiration/ideas from it; there's no shame in it, only opportunities for Rika's shame.
I'm very well aware of Seleka. I was gushing over it when it came out. I honestly don't feel the need to work on Roshutsu anymore now that someone else is making it for me. And a better one at that.

I much prefer the Japanese spirit of just releasing a game and building on it in the sequel rather than funnel development into an endless Patreon that actively discourages finishing it.

GBBM

Jan 28, 2024
I don't mind waiting i'm just curious if we are going to still see the christmas outfits being added or is that on hold as well. The wrapping outfit is my favorite from the three being shown

3.90 star(s) 8 Votes