RPGM - Roselake's Lobelia [v1.2.1] [Archipote]

1. 5.00 star(s)

czarred

The Best Kind of WTF

I'm not sure I've played an RPGM game this creative in a while, let alone one as humorous as this. The first 5 minutes of this game saw me out-groove a groovy zombie, and ruin a perfectly good hydra fight. Needless to say, this one's special.

For peeps that enjoy combat in RPGM, there's no battling here, least not in a strict sense. There's some light puzzle elements serving as the primary gameplay loop; harder parts can be skipped, and you're encouraged to save often before choices to alleviate any blunders. Even so, nothing too difficult, which let's you just enjoy the world and story.

And let me tell you, the story doesn't take itself seriously. At all. You're given an unabashedly silly game with an overpowered sociopath as the protagonist. Hijinks ensue, and it's refreshing that the game just lets you enjoy the madness. See my first paragraph for examples, as I don't want to spoil any more.

My only negative is that some of the dialogue was a bit stilted and hard to parse, and that with the game being incomplete there isn't a lot of H-content. I would imagine that time will rectify both these very minor issues.

4.5/5 for now. Can't wait for more.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Tinoon

I was looking for copper and I found gold.

An absolutely fantastic game if you are like me and enjoy stories that don't take themselves too seriously.
    No grinding, no tediousness just straight up delight to explore.

Humour is one of the most central aspects of the game, so if you are looking for a more immersive, dramatic experience, than this game is probably not what you seek, otherwise a very solid recommendation any day of the week.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Estherrr

I'm not really good at writing stuff like this but I want to support the creator so I will try to keep it short.

I played this game a couple of days ago and I must say I'm pretty hyped for the next update. The MC & the other characters look really beautiful and all renders are amazing, high quality.

This part really depends on your preference, but I like that the "combat" is super simple and there is no grind. You can simply run through the game, soak in the story and enjoy the scenes.

I'm looking forward to more!
  4. 2.00 star(s)

Rex Blue

Roselake's Lobelia is a VN in RPGM in which random stuff happens and occasionally girls get naked.

I mean, the renders are pretty and all, but the entire game is just random stuff happening that I guess you're supposed to laugh at? There's no story, the characters have no personality, and the gameplay is a no-battle, RPGM walkfest in order to get between scenes.

Maybe the game hits different if you find it funny? I kinda felt like I was watching a comic bomb on stage for most of it though. I recognize that there were attempted jokes, but I guess I'm not a big fan of lol-so-random humor.

I wish I had better things to say about Roselake. The renders do look phenomenal, and the game presentation is nice, despite it being RPGM. Maybe give it a shot and see if the humor lands with you? I can't recommend it though.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

pehanur

It might sound unusual for a rating, but this is a solid five just for it's adventurous spirit. Seriously, you never know what happens next, and it's thrilling xD So the story is top-notch, also filled with excellent dialogues and fun jokes, and a lot of different kinks, tho everything's softcore so far (for me it's a good thing, for others not so sure xD).

Gameplay is interesting and diverse, we get to meet different puzzles and minigames, some easy, some hard, but each quite entertaining (and hard ones are avoidable).

Apart from all that, it's got an outfit system, which works for all the cutscenes, can you imagine that?

Visuals are well-made as well, tho some scenes feel more of an average (graphically), most are well-rendered, characters are pretty.

Also dev, from what i can see, is quite active in our community, which is always a nice addition.

Overall, i long wished for such a lighthearted game focused equally on story and dialogues as on kinky stuff, and i was pleasantly surprised to finally find one.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Aubergine_Man

Took 3 hours to get all of the content as of version v1.2.1. Definitely worth it, love the characters and the sense of humor. I find the adventure the two main characters undertake to be consistently entertaining and fun. Artwork is very beautiful, please don't change that. It isn't grindy nor redundant in any manner and doesn't force you into anything you wouldn't like. Honestly 10/10.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

heavenly pete

banger game, good exhibitionism and pretty funny interactions with the charas
    some of the choices having funny consequences like the queen bit is a cute detail too
    looking forward to seeing where this one goes with more updates
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Gwedelino

V1. 0.1

A really nice first build with a decent amount of content already.

This game avoid most of the most common RPGM game's flaws such as eternal grind or extreme exploration. It goes straight to the point without rushing content.

Renders/models are well done and will please people that are fond of corruption scenes.

Dev took their time to help people that asked for help. This whole project seems to be going well.

Would recommend people to try this game out.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Azero

I've seen finished games less complete than this game.
    I really like humor, it's rare that it doesn't make people cringe for an rpgm game

(man Fiora has the best loot and renders I've seen here, and siera ain't bad either)
  10. 5.00 star(s)

rateezy

Love this game! my god it was a breath of fresh air to have an RPGM game that is actually took an effort to make, and how it has some funny choices and consequences (the queen part). Love the humor as well, never seen the goddamn village change before lol.

Renders are very good, love the big booty MC and her white haired friend. Wish she will get more cock soon!.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

circamen3

Great game, Beautiful renders and excellent support, there's really not much to say about it than I'm verry happy about this game launch and can't wait to see what it becomes. (here is some random text to fill out the rest of the space and hopfully reach 200 characters by the time i'm done with this sentence)
  12. 4.00 star(s)

TyrTheTaur

Well I finished the game. Honestly, I have pretty high hopes for it.
    The Character Models are an easy 9/10
    The dialogue and humour are 9.5/10
    Grammar however is a 7/10. If I am to guess, the creator's first language is french. Whilst a majority of the game is ok with grammar, there are parts of it where a lot of words are misused. And in the menu and settings, you can see french words. Of course, just a little bit of polish can fix that.
    Grindiness: Thankfully it's not as grindy as many other games. At worst it's a puzzle or guessing game, but save scumming fixes that.
    Quests: A majority of the quests are... not as rewarding as I'd hoped, but considering this is a chapter 1, I'm willing to forgive that. The humour of the quests do help with that.
    H-scenes: When H-scenes do appear, they're pretty good. However, there's simply not enough. In my opinion, it'd be best if every quest ended with H-Scene. It does annoy me that the MC hasn't had an actual dick inside of her through the ENTIRE chapter. However, since there are unfinished quests, I hope those end with penetration of the MC.

Overall, pretty fun game, but not... hot enough. 8.5/10
    However, I do see this game one day becoming a 9.5/10 in the future, when a chapter 2 or 3 comes out, and the current quests are fully made.