Cheat Mod Ren'Py Room For Rent - Walkthrough Mod [v1.16.2] [NightTrain]

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Tried .15 mod just a moment ago and all location indicators are white text though there are events.
I'll try it from scratch and see ....

megaera

Nov 12, 2016
Tried .15 mod just a moment ago and all location indicators are white text though there are events.
I'll try it from scratch and see ....
Played it yesterday (actually, probably more super early today) and had no issue. Again this mod saves this game.

Reactions: Jackbite

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Can you post your save so I can try to debug the mod?
Started from beginning of .15 and it worked until event 13 with yellow highlight but after all locations are white.
Save reaches 19/51 but have jumped so left are 17-28 and 31-51

Jul 12, 2020
There was a bug in version 13A of the game that I think was fixed in version 13E, but if you started playing the old version you could get trapped. And it looks like you're trapped. The easiest fix is to use the console (SHIFT-O) to set
a13_58 = 1​
events += 1​
exit​
Or you can set
a13_9 = 0​
events -= 1​
exit​
The first will cause you to miss a (not very interesting) event, and the second will force you to replay a (not very interesting) event.
TY

Reactions: Kallisti_I

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Started from beginning of .15 and it worked until event 13 with yellow highlight but after all locations are white.
Save reaches 19/51 but have jumped so left are 17-28 and 31-51
It looks like the mod has been disabled. Just click on the "CHEAT" button once and it should turn green. On the next move the menu highlighting should be working again. You can click on the "CHEAT" button whenever you want to enable/disable the mod.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
It looks like the mod has been disabled. Just click on the "CHEAT" button once and it should turn green. On the next move the menu highlighting should be working again. You can click on the "CHEAT" button whenever you want to enable/disable the mod.
OK. Finished anyway so I was hit by my old friend, the Grind, again.
Good to know if I need to encounter ny friend another time

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
OK. Finished anyway so I was hit by my old friend, the Grind, again.
Good to know if I need to encounter ny friend another time
Yeah, the idea was I wanted to give the player the option to easily disable the mod, and play the game as the dev intended, and only turn the mod on when the player was stuck. However, the grind is just too much if you don't know what the dev expects you to do, so I doubt many people play without using the mod or the walkthrough document on Patreon. So, this is now a pretty useless feature.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Stuck at 61/72 of v11 if someone can help me pls
So, you're stuck in the infamous 'linsay's swimming lesson' bug. This was introduced with release 12 of the game, fixed in V13E, and now appears to be back in the game. I've improved the mod so that it corrects this bug in the game, and will allow you (and everyone else who comes after you) to play the game. Just download and install the latest version of the mod (v1.15.1) and continue playing from your save (don't forget to delete the old walkthrough.rpy and walkthrough.rpyc files first). Please let me know if you still have problems.

Ali ibn Hassan

Engaged Member
Dec 19, 2019
Yeah, the idea was I wanted to give the player the option to easily disable the mod, and play the game as the dev intended, and only turn the mod on when the player was stuck. However, the grind is just too much if you don't know what the dev expects you to do, so I doubt many people play without using the mod or the walkthrough document on Patreon. So, this is now a pretty useless feature.
Thanks pal

SuzanneS

Apr 6, 2017
So, you're stuck in the infamous 'linsay's swimming lesson' bug. This was introduced with release 12 of the game, fixed in V13E, and now appears to be back in the game. I've improved the mod so that it corrects this bug in the game, and will allow you (and everyone else who comes after you) to play the game. Just download and install the latest version of the mod (v1.15.1) and continue playing from your save (don't forget to delete the old walkthrough.rpy and walkthrough.rpyc files first). Please let me know if you still have problems.
I had the same issue.
Did as you instructed and issue is solved.
Thanks!

Reactions: NightTrain
May 31, 2018
The mod is really helpful but in my case, for some reason that I can't figure out, I have all the rooms from Amy's Room to Photo Studio that are coloured blue and when hovered over it says " unanalyzed ".
I've played with the mod since the beginning but having half of the options always blue made me get stuck quite often. I tried renaming the walkthrough mod file from 653whateverwalkthrough.rpy to just walkthrough.rpy but it didn't correct the problem. I like the game but I can't stand this stupid blind grind. Thank you for taking away half of it. If you have any idea how to fix that blue stuff it would be great.

Last edited:

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
The mod is really helpful but in my case, for some reason that I can't figure out, I have all the rooms from Amy's Room to Photo Studio that are coloured blue and when hovered over it says " unanalyzed ".
I've played with the mod since the beginning but having half of the options always blue made me get stuck quite often. I tried renaming the walkthrough mod file from 653whateverwalkthrough.rpy to just walkthrough.rpy but it didn't correct the problem. I like the game but I can't stand this stupid blind grind. Thank you for taking away half of it. If you have any idea how to fix that blue stuff it would be great.
Hmm, this doesn't sound good. Can you please post a save file, and let me know which version of the game you're playing, so I can try to find and fix the problem?

May 31, 2018
Hmm, this doesn't sound good. Can you please post a save file, and let me know which version of the game you're playing, so I can try to find and fix the problem?
Absolutely.
The game folder after extraction says Roomforrent-14_0_beta_public_version-win
As for the save, I hope I got the right file. Tell me if not.
Thank you.

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Absolutely.
The game folder after extraction says Roomforrent-14_0_beta_public_version-win
As for the save, I hope I got the right file. Tell me if not.
Thank you.
Thanks for posting the save. I've been able to fix the problem, and have posted an updated version of the mod on the first post. If you come across any more problems (and that is likely), please let me know (and post a save). The issue is that you are using V1.15 of the mod with V14 of the game, and I've never tested the mod (or designed the mod) to be backwards compatible. I've tried to fix what I could, but without replaying the whole game from the beginning it's likely that I've missed some things. So, it would really help me if you can report any more problems.

May 31, 2018
Ah shit I thought I was playing the lastest version. Should I try to download the latest version and see how it goes or do you want me to try your update with the version of the game I have ? Not sure retrocompatibility will be of much use as people usually play the latest version of the game. Thanks for the help by the way.

Edit : I took a minute to try the updated mod and the problem is fixed. I'll try downloading the latest version of the game and if I stumble upon another problem I'll keep you posted. Thanks.

Last edited:

NightTrain

May 27, 2017
Ah shit I thought I was playing the lastest version. Should I try to download the latest version and see how it goes or do you want me to try your update with the version of the game I have ? Not sure retrocompatibility will be of much use as people usually play the latest version of the game. Thanks for the help by the way.

Edit : I took a minute to try the updated mod and the problem is fixed. I'll try downloading the latest version of the game and if I stumble upon another problem I'll keep you posted. Thanks.
Yeah, you're the first person who's reported playing an older version of the game with a newer version of the mod, so it probably isn't too important to maintain retrocompatibility, although there may be legit reasons why someone can't access the newer version of the game. I'm certainly not going to ask anyone to play an older version of the game just to test the mod.

5.00 star(s) 5 Votes