RIP Palmer

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018

Hi everyone. We have some terrible news to share with you. There is no easy way to say this. After being unresponsive for several days, we have learned recently that Palmer has passed away suddenly. We are really sorry for this unexpected turn of events.

This is extremely hard news for the team emotionally, but it also puts us in an extremely awkward position, because we must ask you, after reading this notice in its entirety, to immediately cancel your pledge to , and then request . We can’t even guarantee that Patreon will offer a refund, since they will evaluate it according to their own policies. Please do not ask anyone in the dev team for a refund – we have no control over that money. Nobody is controlling Palmer’s account currently, we can’t even access it to post this news. We have informed Patreon support of the situation, and shutdown of Palmer’s account is pending official legal notice.

We also ask, since we can’t yet put a statement on , that you spread the word and share this announcement which will be posted on .

The team has been in a state of shock, and I know a lot of you will be upset as much as we are. We have set up a channel on , “Remembering Palmer”, and AW will shortly post an obituary for Palmer which we hope you’ll read, and we hope you’ll share your memories of Palmer and what he and his games have meant to you.

ABOUT THE FUTURE
There’s a lot of uncertainty. But given how close we are to finishing DH, and how far it already is into development, it would be a waste not to finish the game. The team would like to finish Double Homework, and carry on working on projects that we already had planned, and to continue Palmer’s legacy. However, we have lost all our monthly funding. We have started a , where, if you choose to continue supporting us, you can do so. If we rebuild enough, we can finish the final chapter of DH and make the sort of game that Palmer would have been proud of, and carry on making games into the future.

Thank you for your belief in us and your love for our games. This is a difficult situation, and it will be hard for us to move on without Palmer.

-Love-Joint Team

FAQ
Q: What happened to Palmer?
A: We don’t know exactly. But it was sudden and unexpected. And he is gone.

Q: Why have you lost access to Palmer’s Patreon creator account?
A: For security reasons, only Palmer had access to it. Even if we did have access to it now, there are legal reasons why we can’t just take it over. According to Patreon support, Palmer’s page will be deleted once they confirm he’s gone.

Q: Who do I contact about a refund?
A: Please contact . Unfortunately we have no control whatsoever of Palmer’s creator account, so we cannot issue refunds ourselves. And we can’t guarantee that Patreon will refund you either.

Q: When is the final episode of Double Homework coming out?
A: We hope that we can have it out at some point in November 2020.

Q: What is the future of Love-Joint?
A: There’s a lot of uncertainty, but all the members of the team are willing to keep going if we secure enough funding.

Q: If last DH episode is finished, what will happen next?
A: The whole team is willing to continue, and we already have some ideas, but almost certainly, our plans have changed from what was stated by Palmer on his last announcement.

If you have any more questions or you would like to post a tribute to Palmer, please feel free to join our .

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Dude was a bit of a silly lush at times but even then, he was fun to talk to. We've gone our rounds but always shared the beers and laughs afterwards. Till we catch up, I know heaven's got one more pervert up there. See you on the other side, Palmer!

Holy Bacchus

Conversation Conqueror
Dec 13, 2018
2020 has been a very cruel year and now it has taken yet another wonderful soul from us. :cry: I have deeply enjoyed playing both Daughter for Dessert and Double Homework and Palmer was, without a doubt, one of my favourite game devs. He had a great ability for creating characters that you could really care about and who moved you, and his loss is a tremendous blow to this community of adult game devs.

My heart goes out to his family, friends, and his team who will undoubtedly be feeling the pain of this loss very deeply at this time. His games have provided so much joy and happy memories to so many people throughout the years, and I am reminded of the words of JD in the Scrubs finale: "The truth is: you should consider yourself lucky if you even occasionally get to make someone, anyone, feel a little better."

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
I never played his games, but I always had fun speaking to him when he logged on F95Zone's discord, it is really sad that I'll never have the chance to speak to him again :(

Reactions: RustyRug

Belle

Developer of Long Live the Princess
Game Developer
Sep 25, 2017
Oh shit, that's horrible! My heart goes out to everyone affected by this, most of all his family and the team he's been working with.

Palmer was one of my earliest inspirations and one of the reasons I started making adult games, to begin with. I've talked with him multiple times and been a patron of his for years. He will be sorely missed. He left his mark on this industry in a good way.

fauxplayer

Engaged Member
Uploader
Donor
May 28, 2017
I learned this terrible news a couple of hours ago and I'm still stunned. I still have an email chain in my inbox we started in 2013, and while we didn't communicate as often lately, I definitely felt like I knew him well. He could be a bit... let's just say difficult at times, but he loved what he did and had a passion for quality, and I respected the hell out of him for that. He also was amazingly generous with his time and genuinely enjoyed interacting with his fans and detractors alike.

It's just so strange to realize he is gone. I will miss him.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
:cry:

I think his games were some of the first I played, honestly think his work is why I ended up finding F95. I didn't know him but I know he had a huge impact and will be missed. So many people this year...

Pervy Lad

Jun 10, 2017
Damn shame for him and those close to him. At least we have closure, its always one of those thoughts in the back of your mind when someone you meet online suddenly goes silent.

Zirael Q

Aug 28, 2017
just learnt about it. This guy's game was the first adult game I played, he got me hooked. RIP man, very sad news indeed.

Just remembered the name of the game, Play with Us. Feeling sad really. RIP

Laziness

Feb 14, 2018
It's always possible they may know and just want to not elaborate out of respect.
Or the people who told them chose not to tell them and they chose not to press the issue, again, out of respect.

Reactions: HandofVecna

Ozzice13

Oct 22, 2017
Wow, that's so sad. :(
Palmer is what got me here, don't remeber the details, but I rember it was related to "Emily, sister attraction" as I originally was from the AIF community.

MrFriendly

Officially Dead Inside
Donor
Feb 23, 2020
Wow, that's so sad. :(
Palmer is what got me here, don't remeber the details, but I rember it was related to "Emily, sister attraction" as I originally was from the AIF community.
Yeah... DFD was what I first stumbled upon and then I found Double Homework which lead me here... My desire to know what happens next when a new episode was released but not available to the public...

This year has been terrible to the AVN community.

RIP Palmer.

Warspike

Feb 11, 2018
Sorry to hear about Palmer loved the games, Rest in Peace and thanks for everything I hope God loves a wicked man with great sense of humour if not then I am fucked too

botc76

The Crawling Chaos, Bringer of Strange Joy
Donor
Oct 23, 2016
Really sad news. 2020 continues to be just terrible.
As it seems to be for many, Palmer's early games were among the first I played, back when I was just discovering there even were Western Erotic Video Games.

RIP, Palmer. Even if the team continues your games, your input, your part in it will be missed, YOU will be missed.