[S-Play tester] [S>Proofreader] Paid Reviewer/Tester and Proofreader for hire!

Feb 26, 2022
Skills:
- I was introduced to books at a very early age in two languages: french and english. I'm fluent in both. However I'm not interested in translation jobs at the moment.
I have been asked all my life to review notes / emails / essays / homework to check for misspelling or syntax issues. I do it on a daily basis for my fiancée who works as a teacher, for my mom, a french teacher, and for my boss who has troubles with administrative tasks.
It has become a second nature for me and I can't help but notice little incoherences or inadequacies that sneak their way into a text (like little cracks on an eggshell).
I hope I can help writers and creators focus on their incredible creative potential and leave the polishing to me.

tl;dr My offer is to be your "second pair of eyes", your "fact checker" if you will. You could bounce some ideas off of me, and I would tell you if I think it is coherent or not with what you already have. Whether it is to respect a character card, to explore a new plot or to develop a new story arc.
I could maybe hint at something you didn't expect or boost your creativity in a direction you did not consider at first!

Preferred method of contact:
-Discord : Thomas Romstine

Employment Type & Rates:
-I have a full time job. I would review your work weekly by taking a look at your script/game in the evenings and turning in my observations on Satursday / Sunday depending on the length of your game of course.

Proofreading takes a very long time, prices will vary depending on the length of the text that has to be reviewed.
My usual rate is 0.03€ per word.
The lowest rate is often applied to native english speakers, while the highest rate is applied to non-english speakers (which sometimes require to rewrite entire sentences).

Availability:
-Available

Work Samples:
-"Keepers 1: Revolution", by Lumari review.
-"Is it really okay that my goblin maid wants to be my pillow", by FingersForHands review.
-"BabyProject", by Xaos,Samson and Godmodeon.

Additional comments:
-I'm mostly interested in corruption games / VNs but if your project doesn't entirely focus on NTR / corruption I would still be interested!

-edit: removed the NTR / corruption only in the title and moved it in the additional comments!
-edit2: added Keepers 1: Revolution by Lumari
-edit3: added "Is it really okay that my goblin maid wants to be my pillow" by FingersForHands
-edit4: added "BabyProject" work sample

Last edited:

Lumari

~Loves Fox girls~
Game Developer
Oct 29, 2018
Hey~

Just wanted to say: This man came to my thread and asked if I'd still need a reviewer. I said yes why not and he came back with a 7 page big pdf on what his thoughts on the game is. So this is based on said pdf:

+Does very professional and detailed reviews (maybe even too professional for my taste but that's just me.)
+Gives a very detailed explanation on his thought process about the story and characters, and on what other readers would think.
(For example if characters react according to how they were set up and what happens inside the story)
+Gives examples on how to solve the problems he finds.
+Even has a bit of humor inside of his work.

So he's definetely doing a great job. And you can clearly see that he's experienced with making reviews.
I'd recommend him.~

Reactions: Thomas Romstine
Aug 29, 2019
This person was very helpful in my thread requesting feedback on a first draft idea and provided a solid pros/cons style review of the scenes. The feedback was interesting and well-reasoned, but more importantly it focused on underlying themes and overall character motivations which I found especially helpful. I would recommend them.

Aikawa Aiko

Jul 12, 2020
Thomas is a really good reviewer, he brings up many points that makes you question the direction of your project, why did you took that direction and what people really want out of your game. I kinda wish he would add images to make it easy to know which part he's talking about because I wasn't always sure which part he was talking about. Overall a really good professional way of viewing your work on a different light to help out planning future developments.

samson125

Aug 25, 2018
Thomas had a short review fo our upcomming game, and I can say that I loves his comments, not because they where shugarcoated or paising my work (CG Artist) but for his critics. His comments helped me to see my own work better, they where hard (when needed) and but allways with a deep respekt of my work.