Ren'Py Abandoned Research into Corruption [v0.6.10 Bugfix] [Fallen Angel Productions]

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
MannyTearson92 Hey, mate, any news on the progress of this? I just checked your other game and it's got the tag of "on hold". Is that a good news for this one, or a generally bad one?

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
Do you mind telling more details about the situation?
Both fans quit working 100%. I'm practically relying on CPU right now.
Screen is glitching badly, it's overheating really fast, even on low poly stuff, etc.

I did by a new CPU which brought me up to like, 62 GB. It helps but I need to have better GPU so I can work on this faster. It'll be a few months, maybe more, but I am working on it. (y)

leathermax

Feb 10, 2019
Both fans quit working 100%. I'm practically relying on CPU right now.
Screen is glitching badly, it's overheating really fast, even on low poly stuff, etc.

I did by a new CPU which brought me up to like, 62 GB. It helps but I need to have better GPU so I can work on this faster. It'll be a few months, maybe more, but I am working on it. (y)
Damn, bro, this game development is going against all of the cosmic forces combined. I hope it can see the light of day eventually. Good luck.

• Red Heart
Reactions: MannyTearson92

kurosx

Oct 1, 2017
Both fans quit working 100%.
If you are not against some tinkering, you could try a "ghetto mod". Remove the card's shroud with the dead fans, leave the heatsink on the card, and attach two (or three) case fans with some cable ties to the heatsink, so that they can blow on the sink.
Will not look nice, but can save your card.

Example:
9_98_985b1dbf_rj3v4Ko.jpg

from

MannyTearson92

Game Developer
Mar 15, 2021
If you are not against some tinkering, you could try a "ghetto mod". Remove the card's shroud with the dead fans, leave the heatsink on the card, and attach two (or three) case fans with some cable ties to the heatsink, so that they can blow on the sink.
Will not look nice, but can save your card.

Example:
View attachment 3526937

from
Lol. Looks like I'd still have to buy some things in order to make this work. Only thing "ghetto" I've made was adding an actual fan box to the side of my PC and kept it at 2. Have to clean it almost every week to two weeks because of dust and crap(I'm a smoker, both tobacco and the green stuff Lmao). But yeah, the motor on the Graphic Card burnt out. Won't spin anymore unless I spin it. Still, this got me pretty curious. I want to try it. Have to set aside money still but it looks doable.

4.00 star(s) 12 Votes