RenPy slow for 64 bit exe (presumably)

Feb 15, 2019
I have an older laptop running win10 64-bit. With RenPy games with a -32.exe the one without the 32.exe addition (presumably the 64-bit version) run really slow - but the 32 bit version runs fine. If a game doesn't have a 32 bit exe like this, in general, they run extremely slow. Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Mystic

Elleria - Developer
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 24, 2019
I have an older laptop running win10 64-bit. With RenPy games with a -32.exe the one without the 32.exe addition (presumably the 64-bit version) run really slow - but the 32 bit version runs fine. If a game doesn't have a 32 bit exe like this, in general, they run extremely slow. Any suggestions on how to fix this?
Didn't personally have issues with this myself, however I know someone who did... and the thing they did was change the rendering thingy which solved it for them, maybe you can try that and see what happens?
  1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren’Py, or press Shift+G once Ren’Py has started.
  2. From the “Graphics Acceleration” menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
  3. Choose “Quit”, then restart Ren’Py.

Feb 15, 2019
Didn't personally have issues with this myself, however I know someone who did... and the thing they did was change the rendering thingy which solved it for them, maybe you can try that and see what happens?
  1. Hold down Shift while starting Ren’Py, or press Shift+G once Ren’Py has started.
  2. From the “Graphics Acceleration” menu that appears, choose the renderer to use.
This fixed it, thanks!

• Red Heart
Reactions: Mystic

McZoy

Aug 6, 2018
Many thanks

• Red Heart

exkor

Mar 2, 2020
Bro your comments should be on the main page !!!
I had problems since years (i swear) and i tried so many things even completely reinstalling drivers etc etc
But the solutions was so easy ... :')

Thank to you I just resolved that damned problem <3
Respect !

• Red Heart