Renpy,save file

love10

Jan 21, 2018
Hey,sorry to bother you all,but could someone help with how to make the renpy save files i seem to download work?? i download save files,i used to get simple .save files when i download save files,but now i get .zip files when i download save files ,and i cant seem to use them with or without extracting ,does anyone have solution for this problem? thanks in advance :)

Flecc

Donor
Sep 3, 2018
extract the files in to your renpy save folder which is found inside the folder named game. Example i play Alexander ,So locate folder named Alexander open it locate folder named game open it ,Locate folder named save open it , cut and paste your Zip file into save then extract ,If after unzipping it creates a new folder open that, then copy or cut the contents of that folder and paste it into your save folder . Hope this Helps

Reactions: love10

love10

Jan 21, 2018
Nope,didnt work,this is what i get after extracting the file,and it doesnt show up for the game.

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
Your file 1212101_1-1-LT1 is your save file. Rename it to 1-1-LT1.save and it should work.

What you see inside (extra_info, json...) are the classic content of a renpy save file.

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Rename it to 1-1-LT1 and try again.
1212101_ has been automatically added by F95, it's the unique ID of the download.

If it doesn't work yet, please enable the file extensions (instruction ) and make a second screenshot like this one.
If the file is called 1-1-LT1.zip, follow Bip's suggestion and rename it to 1-1-LT1.save

Reactions: Bip and love10

love10

Jan 21, 2018
Perfect,thanks guys :) i didnt have the file extension option enabled,so when i changed it to .save, it didnt actually change to .save,but still stayed as .zip, but after enabling it ,and change the file to .save agian, it worked! xD thanks a lot guys ^^ much appreciated :)

Reactions: scrumbles

Bip

Donor
May 4, 2017
I always forget about this crazy (stupid?) option... Never mask the extension! First because it is dangerous, second because it avoids this kind of problem.

Nice one scrumbles !

Reactions: scrumbles

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
thats what i did still didn't show up
Did you put it in the "[path to game]/game/saves folder" ?
Did the name is "x-y-LT1.save" (with both "x" and "y" being numbers ?
Did you look at the correct load page (the "x" from above) ?

alexhob123

Apr 9, 2018
i don't know why it works on my then end then i add the save but nothing apperers

how did you download the save by the way i just clicked on it but it opened up instead of downloading

do i have to go to the renpy folder in the c drive

i download the game but it doesn't show a save folder

i got it working yay

Last edited: