Tool - Ren'Py - Ren'Py Save Editor [v1.6.1] [Last Moment]

1. 4.00 star(s)

Zharkhella

This appears to be a very good save file editor.

For the newbie to RenPy (which I am one of), the variables in the save file do not seem to line up directly with some of the variables accessible through the console or variable viewer in the debug window.

Particularly object classes seem to have this issue. I have found the tool useful for finding variable names that don't show up in the variable viewer, but if they belong to an object class that has multiple variables attached, this editor (or the save file, not sure which) does not delineate the relationship of variable to class well.

I hope that the developer of this tool makes another update to improve upon the tool and it's GUI.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

MrHatIsHere

Works decently well, but its interface is very barebones, its filters could use work, and it needs sorting options.

I'm not sure what else to add, but this review needs to be a certain length to be submitted.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Ambitionismyleash

I thoroughly appreciate this release! Its rather simple to learn, and has a massive usefulness for accelerating game-play via stats and currency manipulation. It spared me a lot of time, which I'm grateful for.

To inexperienced users:
    The list can be daunting, so the search box in the top right below the Load and Apply buttons is your best friend. If you can't find your target, try a different name for it. (I.e. Cash, Money, Currency, etc.)
    The check boxes at the top hide those specific types of values when checked. I found it more advantageous to uncheck both (Or at least the variables one) and do a specific search by typing in the full name of what I'm looking for, then comparing stats to my in game situation to the value column to find the one I was looking for.
    If you're learning, it's always best to have a second save file to manipulate and leave your main save untouched. This way if anything crashes the game, you don't lose your progress! Trial and error is the key to learning software like this, especially when all games are different.

Much thanks, OP!
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Haley Smith

Works Great.
    It displays all variables (that have been changed by the game) and makes it easy to adjust them. Some variables maximum isn't accurate.
    The only major issue (not a programmer) is that the variables aren't adjustable until the game adjusts them.