• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Renpy problem

Jandough

Nov 26, 2019
I've been not been able to run some renpy games. latest game I tried running is Sexnote (which worked for me on it's previous patch)
Do you guys mind helping me?

scrumbles

Engaged Member
Jan 12, 2019
Look for any file named "log.txt" or "traceback.txt". They should be in the same folder where the .exe is.

Jandough

Nov 26, 2019
these are the only files. and i tried finding the log and traceback inside the sexnote folder all i can find is log.py, log.pyo and traceback.pyo

xMentat

Apr 14, 2018
Are you on Windows? Or IOS or Linux? Can you post a screenshot of when you try and launch it?

xMentat

Apr 14, 2018
OK, tricky! Since Renpy isn't producing a log, I suspect it is a problem which occurs before the Renpy engine loads, so python maybe? Renpy uses it's own python files which are part of the game download (on Linux anyway, not sure about Windows but I think it's the same).

You say some Renpy games still work? Maybe a renpy or python version issue between those which work and those which don't, although that shouldn't happen in theory, as I understand it, Renpy should be standalone.

Sorry I can't be more helpful! I think, if I was you, I would delete all Renpy games you have and any python folder under "c:/python", download the game again and try.

Jandough

Nov 26, 2019
OK, tricky! Since Renpy isn't producing a log, I suspect it is a problem which occurs before the Renpy engine loads, so python maybe? Renpy uses it's own python files which are part of the game download (on Linux anyway, not sure about Windows but I think it's the same).

You say some Renpy games still work? Maybe a renpy or python version issue between those which work and those which don't, although that shouldn't happen in theory, as I understand it, Renpy should be standalone.

Sorry I can't be more helpful! I think, if I was you, I would delete all Renpy games you have and any python folder under "c:/python", download the game again and try.
No, it's no problem. Older versions could run and
I might just do what you suggested Thanks