• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Renpy games not starting

GoGoBananas

Jan 10, 2018
For some reason I can't run renpy exe games on my Windows 10.

The game does not start up at all and I just get a log.txt file. I've posted what it says below

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Performance test:
Interfac
It really stopped like that, in the middle of a word ?
Did it always stop right there, or did it stop at more random place ?

This said, I doubt that it come from Ren'py directly. It's more surely something external that reacted badly to what Ren'py did.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Yup, I copied it directly from the text log
Then there's really few chances that it come directly from Ren'py. Its init process is linear, therefore it crash in the middle of a disk writing operation... while only doing this disk writing operation.
The last thing it did was to start the interface, therefore it seem to crash while Windows is creating the main window that will host the game.

It's, alas, all I can say :/

GoGoBananas

Jan 10, 2018
Then there's really few chances that it come directly from Ren'py. Its init process is linear, therefore it crash in the middle of a disk writing operation... while only doing this disk writing operation.
The last thing it did was to start the interface, therefore it seem to crash while Windows is creating the main window that will host the game.

It's, alas, all I can say :/
So what can I do to remedy this problem?

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
okay I'm going ask you two thing does that game comes with any mods at all and what game

if so then try running the game without the mods