Renpy Game Not Launching

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
try with the old one
Yup i tried with several SDK versions , nothing , only difference i can access launcher(hold shift) setup on SDK but any other game just starts for a brief second then stops no error to report

May 4, 2017
Fr3nki It worked for me, delete the game from your PC/Laptop, go to C:\Users\(YourUser)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy find the game folder, delete it and download it again.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
Fr3nki It worked for me, delete the game from your PC/Laptop, go to C:\Users\(YourUser)\AppData\Roaming\RenPy find the game folder, delete it and download it again.
Did that , its not it ... I think i that my problem is conflict with old version of my windows and latest AMD video drivers , i know last time i played it worked with crimson drivers , but latest Renpy SDK , has 64bit launcher exe and with it runs , now if i only would know how to convert games to that version

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Did that , its not it ... I think i that my problem is conflict with old version of my windows and latest AMD video drivers , i know last time i played it worked with crimson drivers , but latest Renpy SDK , has 64bit launcher exe and with it runs , now if i only would know how to convert games to that version
By downloading the latest Ren'Py SDK version.

cold_arctus

Devoted Member
Sep 25, 2018
Then what?
The game you try to run and RenPy SDK should be in the same folder. Start RenPy SDK and the game should appear on the left panel. Choose the game and try to run it by clicking "launch project". If the game run you can compile a new version with 64-bit library own your own. For that click on "build distribution", then select the correct "build package" and build the game.

Fr3nki

Oct 12, 2017
The game you try to run and RenPy SDK should be in the same folder. Start RenPy SDK and the game should appear on the left panel. Choose the game and try to run it by clicking "launch project". If the game run you can compile a new version with 64-bit library own your own. For that click on "build distribution", then select the correct "build package" and build the game.
Thanks allot , game is working now , but i have no sound , how to to fix that?

Piritiri

Apr 18, 2021
Alguien puede ayudarme?

Tengo un problema con todos los juegos de Ren'Py y es que ninguno me funciona, compre esta computadora nueva y quisiera saber cual puede ser el problema. El detalle pasa cuando inicio el juego y directamente me manda a la advertencia de rendimiento, no me deja jugar ni forcing el ANGLE ni el GL, me pasa con todos los que he descargado (ya hay mas de 7) incluida la Universidad de los Problemas - Mi matón es mi amante - La mascota del profesor.
Podst: The Harem Hotel funciona perfectamente para mí. I have a 2-core 3.2Ghz processor, 2 RAM and 258mb integrated graphics memory. Is the graphics too little to run the games?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Alguien puede ayudarme?
Sorry to say that, but it's an English speaking forum. You can write in your native language if you want, but then please provide a (at least short) English translation.

This not being to annoy you, but to help you. With everyone using English, everyone will be able to understand your problem and give you the solution, or at least a lead to it.
I have not a single clue regarding what issue you have. And it's sad, because I perhaps know the answer.

Piritiri

Apr 18, 2021
Sorry to say that, but it's an English speaking forum. You can write in your native language if you want, but then please provide a (at least short) English translation.

This not being to annoy you, but to help you. With everyone using English, everyone will be able to understand your problem and give you the solution, or at least a lead to it.
I have not a single clue regarding what issue you have. And it's sad, because I perhaps know the answer.
:000 Sorry, I had not realized that the translator of the page had also translated my message into Spanish, thank you very much for the message clarifying it for me <3 <3 <3 And well, here is the problem, this time translated Hehehehe.

I have a problem with all the Ren'Py games and that is that none of them work for me, I bought this new computer and I would like to know what the problem could be. The detail happens when I start the game and it directly sends me to the performance warning, it doesn't let me play or force the ANGLE or the GL, it happens to me with all the ones I've downloaded (there are already more than 7) including the University of Problems - My bully is my lover - The teacher's pet.
Podst: The Harem Hotel works perfectly for me. I have a 2-core 3.2Ghz processor, 2 RAM and 258mb integrated graphics memory. Is the graphics too little to run the games?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
[...] I bought this new computer [...]
It's a guess, but have you updated the CPU/video card drivers ?

A new computer imply recent components, but it's not rare that it also come with old drivers. The factory do not pass its time burning new CD/DVD each time a driver is updated, even when they are only used internally. Therefore it's not infrequent that a computer you bought yesterday have in fact two years old drivers.

Piritiri

Apr 18, 2021
It's a guess, but have you updated the CPU/video card drivers ?

A new computer imply recent components, but it's not rare that it also come with old drivers. The factory do not pass its time burning new CD/DVD each time a driver is updated, even when they are only used internally. Therefore it's not infrequent that a computer you bought yesterday have in fact two years old drivers.
I haven't updated them yet, I didn't think it could be the problem, I'm going to that.

Are my specs suitable for running those types of games, or do you think I should have more RAM or a better video card?

JohnWickGTXRTI1050

Mar 9, 2022
Dude I am new here and I am having the same problem I used to play Ravager by 4minutewarning, since yesterday it a'int launching....when I am clicking on the exe it shows the loading screen and then disappears it can't even be found in the task manager...only the log file is visible and it only shows this--

Mon Nov 7 18:44:53 2022
Windows-10-10.0.19045
Ren'Py 8.0.2.22081402

Bootstrap to the start of init.init took 0.05s
Early init took 0.19s
Loader init took 2.24s
Loading error handling took 0.76s
Loading script took 12.60s
Loading save slot metadata. took 0.03s
Loading persistent took 0.02s
- Init at renpy/common/00updater.rpy:23 took 0.52874 s.

and that's it. I would be extremely grateful if you can help me with this or anyone T_T...

Feb 8, 2019
I had the same problem, but with another game. (Win10)
Last line of log.txt:
Loading script took 0.62s

The solution was to delete both persistent files:
<Game Path>\game\saves (No problem)
%APPDATA%\RenPy\<GameName> didn't work, as the author changed the directory. I got along, as I knew, it was the only game, I used yesterday, so the timestap of the directory gave me the clue.

Maybe this helps both here and in general.

JohnWickGTXRTI1050

Mar 9, 2022
I had the same problem, but with another game. (Win10)
Last line of log.txt:
Loading script took 0.62s

The solution was to delete both persistent files:
<Game Path>\game\saves (No problem)
%APPDATA%\RenPy\<GameName> didn't work, as the author changed the directory. I got along, as I knew, it was the only game, I used yesterday, so the timestap of the directory gave me the clue.

Maybe this helps both here and in general.
Thanks man imma try that
Edit 1
I tried that man, it didnt work
I have checked my gl and other drivers they are all updated
Thanks though
Regards.

Last edited: