Renpy Game Not Launching

AChillesWILL

Jul 24, 2022
Can anyone help me,my game Heart Problem is not launching.Showing up in task manager for 1 second and disappear & it’s not showing up anymore.The version that I previously played had no problem like this. There are also in some of my games things like this,but if i play compressed game it’s working.What is the problem,i’m so f**king confused because this problem...

Romeo Duarter

Feb 23, 2019
Pessoal, meu computador simplesmente não inicia nenhum jogo Renpy, o que pode ser? Não aparece no gerenciador de tarefas

Pyrrs

May 18, 2017
The game you try to run and RenPy SDK should be in the same folder. Start RenPy SDK and the game should appear on the left panel. Choose the game and try to run it by clicking "launch project". If the game run you can compile a new version with 64-bit library own your own. For that click on "build distribution", then select the correct "build package" and build the game.
i tried this, and here is my question...what do you do if not even the renpy.exe of the SDK opens?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
i tried this, and here is my question...what do you do if not even the renpy.exe of the SDK opens?
Oh... This is a serious issue, that can have more than one explanation.

But generally the answer is either:
1) Your anti-virus is falsely seeing one of Ren'Py files (generally the launcher itself or python.exe) as corrupted ;
2) You don't have anti-virus and one of the files is effectively corrupted.

Reactions: Pyrrs

plz135

Jun 6, 2017
since a couple of month almost every renpy game instantly crashes after launching it. at first updating graphic card driver helped, than i had to change some options in the driver... now nothing helps anymore.

tried downloading renpy sdk and same problem as Pyrrs , not even that works. it opens for like 1-2seconds, than shut down with no error what so ever

EDIT:
---------
i dont know why, but that worked for me:
holding shift, double click the renpy exe. keep holding shift until the options load, than DISABLE controller! ( i dont even have a controller). now everything works again

Last edited: