renpy game not launching anymore

yukira76

Nov 20, 2021
was playing, orange trainer got an error, then i pressed reload by accident now the game won't even start up, double clicked no good, ran as administrator, still nothing,
deleted and re downloaded, still won't load, when i click it it seems like it's about to launch but never does. please help

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
was playing, orange trainer got an error, then i pressed reload by accident now the game won't even start up, double clicked no good, ran as administrator, still nothing,
deleted and re downloaded, still won't load, when i click it it seems like it's about to launch but never does. please help
Try: Move any persistent save file out of the game's save folder, then go to your %appdata%\RenPy folder and move the game's save folder there somewhere else, finally - try to start it again.

yukira76

Nov 20, 2021
made a copy of my saves, deleted the game folder from my computer, as well as the as the folder from appdata/Renpy, then redownloaded it and started it up closed it then moved the copies of my saves into the save folder, it works and got my saves, so problem solved.

yukira76

Nov 20, 2021
the file path for the appdata, for those new to this stuff is, C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Roaming\RenPy,
had some trouble figuring this out at first so thought id put it here just in case, if you don't know appdata is a hidden folder, so you need to click "view" then click the hidden items box.

Romeo Duarter

Feb 23, 2019
Your translation was great, I managed to find it. But I couldn't understand what you did, I found the roaming folder but I didn't find anything about the saves, nothing about the games. I'm also using Google Translate now ok.
There is no renpy folder