• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN Ren'py game crashes on Android 11

Crispy Chicken

Sandwich Lover
Game Developer
Jun 30, 2020
Alright so i have been trying to play "Love at first try"( https://f95zone.to/threads/love-at-first-tail-v0-2-mrdracosaurus.111418/ ) for the past 2 days and i can play the game for 15 seconds-2 minutes then it crashes, the dev has no idea what could be the problem. Please help!
Try the compressed version. As far as I know, Androids tend to have problems with Ren'Py games above 2gb. Not an expert, but that's something I heard from another dev, so you can start from there.

Could be other technicalities like your phone specs and stuff, but that's the easiest first step you could try.

otakjuss

Mar 5, 2022
Try the compressed version. As far as I know, Androids tend to have problems with Ren'Py games above 2gb. Not an expert, but that's something I heard from another dev, so you can start from there.

Could be other technicalities like your phone specs and stuff, but that's the easiest first step you could try.
Its 240MB

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
Im sorry for responding this late, i dont know how to access the log files on Android but if someone could tell me i would check it and send it here
On your main storage page find Android. Once you do, it'll go something like this: Android/data/com.developername.gamename/files. From there, you should find a "log.txt" file underneath the saves folder.

slocal

Sep 23, 2020
So I've been experiencing this same issue with more and more. As for the log file, I can't find it. The path suggested is the same where patches would go, but I don't have access since upgrading to v11 of android.
I'm using a Samsung tablet that's 3 years old.