• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

RenPy Drag and Drop drag_offscreen issue

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Hey good people,
I'm trying to create a simple draggable screen in which you can pull a shirt off a character. I want it full screen so that you can only move the shirt vertically and you can pull it offscreen.
My issue is that every time I set drag_offscreen to "vertical", it still lets me drag off screen everywhere. I've also tried setting minimums and maximums and I get the same result. If I set drag_offscreen to False, indeed I can't drag off screen, so I have no idea why the "vertical" setting isn't working.
Code:
screen topdown():
    image "body"
    draggroup:
        drag:
            drag_name "blouse"
            xpos 0.0 ypos 0.0
            draggable True
            child "shirt_and_hands"
            selected_hover_child "shirt_and_hands_pull"
            drag_handle (0,0, 1.0, 1.0)
            drag_offscreen "vertical"
            dragged drag_placed

drag:
            drag_name "blouse target"
            child "dropzone"
            draggable False
            droppable True
I've also tried with different-size sprites and the results are the same.

Thoughts?

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
EEK! 7.5.2
So now that we know I have had this sad failure...
Can I upgrade to latest version if I have a massive 2GB game that I've been updating for like 3 years? Or will the whole thing turn upside down?

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Can I upgrade to latest version if I have a massive 2GB game that I've been updating for like 3 years? Or will the whole thing turn upside down?
As long as you stay on the 7.x branch, you can upgrade without problems. Ren'Py is really strong when it come to compatibility.
There's screen statements depreciated since more than 10 years that are still fully working with the last version. So, you'll not face issues by passing from your 7.5.2 to the 7.7.1 (that will apparently be the last in the 7.x branch).

swimsoot

Game Developer
Mar 14, 2020
Super quick question:
I backed everything up, switched to 7.7.1 and had to switch editors from Atom to VsCode
All is working fine, except...
The game can no longer find any of my .ogv movie files (they're all pretty short, but I use them for in backgrounds)
Does 7.7.1 not recognize .ogv anymore?
Any thoughts?
THANKS!