RenPy and Android

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
Hi all

I have a slight problem where i do an update to Android and it builds the apk but it's not updating to latest saved RenPy files it seems. I changed some text to test this and it's not showing the text as updated so i can only sum-ice that it's not updating as it should. I have done below as suggested by a friend.

It created the build but as i have said not working. Basically it's cutting off where my latest update of the game is suppose to start.

Anyone here who's pretty good with RenPy/Android?

EDIT: When I do an Emulation in RenPy all seems fine.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
Is version 0.2.0 the latest version? Did you install 0.2.0 as a test before on the android device? If so you need to add +1 to the version. So in case you've got version 0.2.0 as your current installed version on the android device and you want to "patch" it to have the real stuff of v0.2.0 installed, then just call it 0.2.1 which would bring the next number up to 210 or something like that. Else android sees the version number, checks that it's the same as the one installed and doesn't install any new files.

edit: Else, delete the game on your android device, install v0.1.0 and then update to 0.2.0 again.

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
OK it looks like CH1 text i changed as it should but for Ch2 the txt is still not updated and it still crashes at the start of Ch2 update. I did as you suggested and have *0.2.1.apk file

Reactions: Palanto

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
OK problem solved, where i jump from ch1 to ch2 i was directing to .rpy file instead of .rpyc...
What do you mean by that? Since when do you need to direct a jump to a file? :D Usually you jump to labels :D
Or did you just use an if statement to check if the .rpyc file exists?

Deleted member 167032

Alternate Existence
Donor
Game Developer
Aug 16, 2017
I jumped to startchapter2.rpy where it should have been startchapter2.rpyc ... thx for help all sorted.

What do you mean by that? Since when do you need to direct a jump to a file? :D Usually you jump to labels :D
Or did you just use an if statement to check if the .rpyc file exists?

Palanto

Game Developer
Oct 4, 2017
actually it should be

first chapter.rpy:
Code:
jump startchapter2
chapter2.rpy
Code:
label startchapter2:
    "The journey continues!"
without any rpy or rpyc stuff :D