• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Ren'Py Daz Rendering for my first game

Dfghuy

Dec 17, 2020
Hello everyone how are you? I would like to know if I need to to make my pixels size (global) bigger or is it the right size for or my game W:1000 H:1300. This render took me 1 hour 10 minutes, sample size 7651.
My laptop specs are Ryzen 9 5000 series gpu Nvidia GeForce rtx 3050ti (cuda devices 0)

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
At the very least your game needs to be at 16:9. So, basically, 1280x720, 1920x1080, 2560x1440, 3840x2160. Seeing as you're rendering with a laptop, which is far from ideal, you'll probably want to stick with 1280x720 or 1920x1080. A valid option might be to go 1280x720 with denoising and AI Upscale it to 1080p after the render finishes.

If that took an hour, you're going to be there a fair bit longer for anything 16:9. And seeing as you're likely going to need 300+ renders at the very least to call it a VN (I'm assuming that's where you're going, at least.) to start, it's going to take quite a while and likely do some long-term damage on your laptop heat-wise.

Reactions: Domiek

Dfghuy

Dec 17, 2020
Thanks for the your response the room that I work is cool because I have my ac on. I will test it out and I will post the second image here. I used scene optimizer to make the maps smaller. I have a old gaming pc it has intel i5 processor 4gbs ram and gtx960 gpu.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
the room that I work is cool because I have my ac on.
Unless you're outside in Canada in the middle of Winter, you're not really cooling a laptop all that efficiently. I was more referring to the long-term heat itself, which laptops aren't really good for. Laptops are good with burst-y loads, but Daz presents a scenario where the GPU and a bit of the CPU are being used, which is flooding your laptop with heat quite quickly. That's going to cause your system to throttle to control the heat, and thus slowing down your render.

I used scene optimizer to make the maps smaller.
Any optimization you can make will likely speed it up, if only a little, but it still helps.

Dfghuy

Dec 17, 2020
Thanks again for your help. The problem for me is the environment when I use older house assets the rendering is faster house asset that I used is the boho cottage in this render.

Dfghuy

Dec 17, 2020
This is the second render on 1920x1080 I stopped the rendering on 85% time 1 hour 12 minutes.

Rell games

May 5, 2020
My advice will be is to turn off the CPU for rendering. Most laptops (including mine) is struggles to deal with heat produced by both gpu and cpu at the same time, but if one is not under the load your two coolers will be able to handle it, and the system will be more responsive because of this. In my case there's no difference in rendering times at all, so this little tip helps a lot. Also, you may face a black screen instead of render you expected, this means your out of VRAM, so for some scenes you might need to turn it back on.
1672928500992.png

Rell games

May 5, 2020
Also, use Camera View Optimizer, but don't forget to exclude walls from it if you are doing an interior shot. It will speed up your renders and decrease VRAM usage

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Could try to use the Iray Plane cam.
That would probably help a lot to be more efficient with what you really render.
Though i am not an expert on laptops. Never owned one. Well, i actually have one. An old Lenovo T430.
I did a test once and just removing wall wasn't really enough. I think the better way is really to use that iray cam to get everything quickly done.
Scenes can not contain too much details.
Also, figures containing dforce hair and cloths will tax the system quiet a lot.

And yes, laptops tend to have one weakness. Their fan's. They fail usually at one point.

Reactions: osanaiko

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Oh, forgot another one.
Geoshells. Try to use only one asset with geoshell for a figure. Mostly sex parts but can be tears or breast or whatever.
I tried HD Breast and boy it taxed my system really hard.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
And yes, laptops tend to have one weakness. Their fan's. They fail usually at one point.
Laptops have a lot of weaknesses. Long workloads like rendering are the kryptonite to most laptops as there's simply no efficient way to exhaust the heat. Which, again, causes the components to throttle to protect themselves. Thus slowing everything down with it.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Laptops have a lot of weaknesses. Long workloads like rendering are the kryptonite to most laptops as there's simply no efficient way to exhaust the heat. Which, again, causes the components to throttle to protect themselves. Thus slowing everything down with it.
For some reason i always wanted a laptop for my needs. At that time gaming.
Never got one. Though i like the formfactor and the less space it takes. Of course i have tower but it takes a lot of space.

From my job i know that laptop in office spaces tend to not last very long. Meaning about 3 years maybe before the fan fails.
Mostly Lenevos.
You could help it if you have a external fan base perhaps. Though not sure if that really works.
I think you probably right on that. It is probably better to have a dedicated tower that does that task for you. It mustn't be a expensive computer though but something that can do the task at least well.

I have little room really. So a small form factor is really a plus. My desk isn't even over 40 inches wide. Just to visualize it.
But OP has a tower of sorts. Maybe upgrade some parts. :)