SiteRip Render-state.to found to be unsafe?

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
Recently visited Render-State and found "an unsafe warning" that the site downloads malicious software. I think I am safe but has anyone else noticed this or found any problems?

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
I have used it in the past and was wondering if it has always been malicious or recently?

lordshimra

Mar 30, 2017
i have been wondering the same thing. been trying to find a way around it but i think it might be something from the site itself.

Reactions: BillP

BetaMalePrime

Jun 22, 2021
I have been using render-state quite a bit and have not had any issues. It has become my primary backup for if F95 doesn't have what I am looking for (as I would prefer to check around before submitting a request).

So far, all of my downloads there have worked perfectly.

I have Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed and it has blocked specific downloads on other sites (usually with a phishing warning), but never once for render-state.

Reactions: BillP

BillP

Dec 27, 2017
I have been using render-state quite a bit and have not had any issues. It has become my primary backup for if F95 doesn't have what I am looking for (as I would prefer to check around before submitting a request).

So far, all of my downloads there have worked perfectly.

I have Malwarebytes Browser Guard installed and it has blocked specific downloads on other sites (usually with a phishing warning), but never once for render-state.
I scanned downloads before and found no issues either but was just a little spooked with the bright red screen one day and the reason being "malicious downloads"

PJWhoopie

May 14, 2019
Is anyone even able to get Render-State to load? I've been getting "page won't load" errors for a week now... site down?

baloneysammich

Jun 3, 2017
I had never visited it before and it loaded fine for me just now. Latest uploads were dated Aug 25.

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
I used to use the site all the time. Now, the page loads, but the links all go to a xervoo.net message saying site cannot be reached. Not sure if it's the links or if it's my Norton that's blocking it. I have given up on the site for now. Too bad -- it has a ton of great stuff. I just can't get the links to work anymore.

Wild Candy Prroduction

Game Developer
May 31, 2020
I used to use the site all the time. Now, the page loads, but the links all go to a xervoo.net message saying site cannot be reached. Not sure if it's the links or if it's my Norton that's blocking it. I have given up on the site for now. Too bad -- it has a ton of great stuff. I just can't get the links to work anymore.
Same Problem, don't know its a Thing because of Norton, have Norton also...
Maybe they fix it soon

Deleted member 2741424

Aug 17, 2020
works fine.
So must be Norton. Here's what I get now when I click on ANY download link from the site:

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED

watdapakisdis

Aug 24, 2016
So must be Norton. Here's what I get now when I click on ANY download link from the site:

This site can’t be reached
The webpage at might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.

ERR_CONNECTION_ABORTED
I've never gotten that error and I've been using Render-state for a long time now. Use uBlock Origin with your browser.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Either you're not using an adblocker and getting some redirect ad, or the websites stating that xervoo.net is a browser hijacker virus are telling the truth.
Xervoo is a adfly like site (a site putting ads before you reach the link, used by some sites to pay the bills), so it was probably reported because it had suspicious ads. It's, alas, frequent that the bad guys trick this kind of site in order to spread their virus/malware.

HentaiSensei777

May 23, 2019
Xervoo is a adfly like site (a site putting ads before you reach the link, used by some sites to pay the bills), so it was probably reported because it had suspicious ads. It's, alas, frequent that the bad guys trick this kind of site in order to spread their virus/malware.
As of late, I'm also noticing that once you get past all of the Adfly-like stuff. The Mega link ask for a decryption code to download. I haven't discovered what that code is but if anyone comes across it, let me know.