Render looking for skin details on 1920x1080 picture

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
Hello everyone, I am here to ask can anybody recommend some normals map that can show my character better . And how much I change the value that can it appears in character details like close shoot of face .i am planning to make 1980x1080 px render . If any have a recommendation and tips ?

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
I kind of posted about this here. You aren't going to get a ton of detail in a native 1080p render. You can, but you've gotta know what you're doing with texture maps and especially lighting. This is why a lot of devs render in 4K/2K and then downscale to 1080 for the actual compiled game. It'll allow you to retain detail whiling keeping a manageable file size.

That being said, if you're looking for pure skin detail for Daz, then Daz Original (e.g. Michael 8.1, etc.) 8.1 (and/or 9) models are going to be your best option. Especially at 1080p. Kooki99, Raiya, Mousso (to some extent) are all non-Daz Original vendors who put out good/very good 8.1 skins.

The key for 8.1 is definitely the Detail Normal Maps and the ability to tile them. It really tends to bring out a lot in the skin detail. You'll also want to give some reflection/slight sheen to the skin itself via either Top Coat or Specular Lobe Roughness.

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
I kind of posted about this here. You aren't going to get a ton of detail in a native 1080p render. You can, but you've gotta know what you're doing with texture maps and especially lighting. This is why a lot of devs render in 4K/2K and then downscale to 1080 for the actual compiled game. It'll allow you to retain detail whiling keeping a manageable file size.

That being said, if you're looking for pure skin detail for Daz, then Daz Original (e.g. Michael 8.1, etc.) 8.1 (and/or 9) models are going to be your best option. Especially at 1080p. Kooki99, Raiya, Mousso (to some extent) are all non-Daz Original vendors who put out good/very good 8.1 skins.

The key for 8.1 is definitely the Detail Normal Maps and the ability to tile them. It really tends to bring out a lot in the skin detail. You'll also want to give some reflection/slight sheen to the skin itself via either Top Coat or Specular Lobe Roughness.
But problem is that Golden place are not compatible for genesis 8.1 . And that why I have try get Sharpe detail on genesis 8 . But i have not render a image in 2k I will definitely try it .thanks for your valuable suggestions.

Saint_RNG

Apr 2, 2018
But problem is that Golden place are not compatible for genesis 8.1 . And that why I have try get Sharpe detail on genesis 8 . But i have not render a image in 2k I will definitely try it .thanks for your valuable suggestions.
You just need the to get Golden Palace for Genesis 8.1.

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
The patch Saint_RNG replied with is what you need. The same vendors I listed (except for maybe Kooki) all have high quality G8 stuff, as well. The Daz Original stuff is still almost always going to be better than anything by an external vendor, though, as they're usually hired/outsourced bodies who tend to be very competent at what they're doing.

It's a lot of extra work, but Texturing.xyz is some of the best skins you can get, but as implied aren't very native to Daz without a fair bit of work. There's also for Daz, but only work with 8.1 models.

Reactions: DrakeOnLand

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Gimp has filter which create normal map from height map. You can use any texture to create nm - partial or whole texture.
One of best details (skin detail not wrinkles) you can find on characters.
Golden Palace works good with G9 but with G8/G8.1 looks good in default pose. If you make it visible (bending/spreading legs) dissortions are much more important then nm maps

MissFortune

Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
One of best details (skin detail not wrinkles) you can find on characters
Maybe I'm missing something, but based on what? Ergou models are some of the worst I've used. Decent hair assets and figure shapes, but the detail isn't really there.

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
Not morphs/shape but maps. Good normal maps and roughness or specular maps can be used to obtain great skin surface.
Maps/textures which gives surface details can be used on most figures with the same uv.
Some normal, bump or diplacement maps gives wrinkles/skin folds and fit to one character but here you have only microdetails.
I cannot find good examples of in my render library but I found some render where surface with the same color (no texture, just diffuse color) looks different with 2 normal maps. Look at clothes. I used no textures, just simple bump maps - strip on cloth and some disortion on trims.
edit:
I created 3 renders
sample01 - just texture without any normal nor bump maps
sample02 - added Victoria8.1 roughness (V8.1R) map as a bump map - effect goosebumps
sample03 - V8.1R map + normal map - effect goosebumps + cellulite/glute crease
sample01.png sample02.png sample03.png

Last edited:

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
I also try some gen hd character . But I am still figure a way get texture in 1920x1084 pix due to low end pc I not able to 2k render in large amout one and two are okey but when you making a VN that lot of image are need in bulk
anabella_sample3_disc300.png
anabella_sample2.png Anabella_1.png

DrakeOnLand

Nov 11, 2019
I also have some problem facing when try to wear some cloth to the character. If zoom following image and focus on their hand that cloth and hand are stick together. I don't move the character because I like that pose , so is there a way that cloth mesh not sticking unnecessary area .

drapak12

Jul 7, 2018
I don't move the character because I like that pose , so is there a way that cloth mesh not sticking unnecessary area .

Clothes used on renders have smotth modifier. You must move hands over clothes.