3D-Daz Render feedback

what theme do you prefer or enjoy for a Renpy VN game?

• Fantasy

Votes: 10 62.5%
  • SciFI

Votes: 4 25.0%
  • Contemporary

Votes: 6 37.5%

• Total voters

vebka

Oct 29, 2017
Thanks Vebka
I am presently learning to create a VN in Ren'py. Which story themes do you like most? Fantasy, scifi, contemporary, classic, vintage etc....
Hi. I am a man with many tastes :p but what i like the most...hmm probably NTR,Bestiality,Corruption,Body Modification and some more :devilish: . And i think i prefer more modern or scifi setting.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
It looks like you're getting a little bit better as you go. The more vitality/life you capture in the moment, the more captivating/engaging the render is going to be, in my humble opinion. A still moment that conveys a hint of personality, of a mood, etc.

Reactions: Agooro

Agooro

May 11, 2018
sloane-IC.jpg Suggest me ways to improve my renders. If you could point me to some tutorials in here or outside, you are most welcome.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Your renders are looking very good from a lighting perspective, which is a big step. I think the next thing you might focus on is fine-tuning your posing and composition.

The render two posts up -
  1. She'd be pretty uncomfortable, after a while, with her head hanging off into space like that.
  2. His right foot is hovering up off the floor. Essentially, in this pose, he's about to fall to his right.
  3. His left arm is in a very awkward-looking position. Almost looks like he's about to make a fist and sock her.
  4. Should probably use a bit of DOF so that the cushions in the background are a bit out of focus, the way the candles are in the subsequent render.
  5. Not sure what that "thing" is on the left side of the render - can't decide if it's the top view of a hanging lamp or a fireman's pole. Similarly, not sure what that is at the bottom left. I'd probably have hidden them just to avoid the "what is that" reaction.
In the render in the post just before this one:
  1. First, this is a pretty good render, all in all.
  2. Her head looks like it's hovering up off the pillow.
  3. It looks like his left shin is hovering up off the bed. It could be that he's up on his toe, but it'd probably look better if it was flat on the bed.
  4. His right hand isn't down on the heel of his hand.
  5. Her hair would probably be behind her shoulders. Certainly the right fringes of it wouldn't be hovering in the air.
If you wanted to get REALLY sophisticated, the figures should be sinking into the bed slightly. Doing that is tricky, of course, and depends on the construction of the bed. If the bed's mesh is too coarse, it can be hard to make it look good, but you can potentially use a deformer to create a "dent" in the bed. But even if the bed doesn't deform, having the body parts penetrate just ever so slightly into the bed can sometimes give you a slightly more realistic look.

Mind you, these are all nits - outside of the odd pose that the first guy is in, there's not much to quibble about.

Agooro

May 11, 2018
Your renders are looking very good from a lighting perspective, which is a big step. I think the next thing you might focus on is fine-tuning your posing and composition.

The render two posts up -
  1. She'd be pretty uncomfortable, after a while, with her head hanging off into space like that.
  2. His right foot is hovering up off the floor. Essentially, in this pose, he's about to fall to his right.
  3. His left arm is in a very awkward-looking position. Almost looks like he's about to make a fist and sock her.
  4. Should probably use a bit of DOF so that the cushions in the background are a bit out of focus, the way the candles are in the subsequent render.
  5. Not sure what that "thing" is on the left side of the render - can't decide if it's the top view of a hanging lamp or a fireman's pole. Similarly, not sure what that is at the bottom left. I'd probably have hidden them just to avoid the "what is that" reaction.
In the render in the post just before this one:
  1. First, this is a pretty good render, all in all.
  2. Her head looks like it's hovering up off the pillow.
  3. It looks like his left shin is hovering up off the bed. It could be that he's up on his toe, but it'd probably look better if it was flat on the bed.
  4. His right hand isn't down on the heel of his hand.
  5. Her hair would probably be behind her shoulders. Certainly the right fringes of it wouldn't be hovering in the air.
If you wanted to get REALLY sophisticated, the figures should be sinking into the bed slightly. Doing that is tricky, of course, and depends on the construction of the bed. If the bed's mesh is too coarse, it can be hard to make it look good, but you can potentially use a deformer to create a "dent" in the bed. But even if the bed doesn't deform, having the body parts penetrate just ever so slightly into the bed can sometimes give you a slightly more realistic look.

Mind you, these are all nits - outside of the odd pose that the first guy is in, there's not much to quibble about.
Thanks rich for your valuable feedback. I have noted down your points, will work on those.
which one do you like in this : https://f95zone.to/threads/render-feedback.55528/post-3799594

I have doubt regarding posing the long hairs - how is it done?

Last edited:

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks rich for your valuable feedback. I have noted down your points, will work on those.
which one do you like in this : https://f95zone.to/threads/render-feedback.55528/post-3799594
They're both good. They convey different moods, so one lighting isn't necessarily "better" than the other. The cold one, if you dialed back the illumination or changed the exposure, could easily be a night time scene, since night time light is cooler than daytime.

I have doubt regarding posing the long hairs - how is it done?
Some hair actually has bones, but that's usually ones with ponytails or pigtails, etc. Otherwise, many hairs have morphs on the "shaping" tab that allow you to adjust them.