Tutorial RAGS Regalia - Enhanced RAGS 2.x Player For The Browser

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Maybe there's something wrong with my system but when I play Wife Trainer I cannot buy anything. I can select it, and say "buy" it but it never completes - my money doesn't decrease and the item does not show up in the right hand inventory plane.
That's very strange. It's weird that enough of the game is working for you to get to the shop but buying things doesn't work. Does it have the same effect for all the items? Does it say "You don't have enough money" in the text area?

What OS / browser are you playing in? Did you do anything notable before getting to the shop, like freezing any variables or loading a saved game? Do other things work, like client visits?

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
Windows 10, 32Gb memory. I have about $350 burning a hole in my pocket and I was trying to buy lingerie. Browers used were Chrome and Firefox. Whats odd is that I just retried it on a MacBook Air (using Chrome) and it works fine.

I'll reboot the PC tomorrow and clear out my browser cache and see if the problem still exists.

This is a great tool; it opens up RAGS to almost anything that has a browser. Unfortunately you still need RagsMaker or whatever it's called to convert games. I tried converting Superpowered but I was having issues getting the cracked version of RagsMaker working so I gave up on it.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Windows 10, 32Gb memory. I have about $350 burning a hole in my pocket and I was trying to buy lingerie.
Interesting. Can you try getting the console output from Chrome when you do this? I wonder if there's some kind of error.
* Right click -> inspect element anywhere on the page
* Choose the 'console' tab
* Right click -> 'save as' on the console output

For example, this is the log of me going from the 'Start New Game' prompt straight to the store and buying Lingerie
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Also, here's Superpowered. I didn't feel like converting it for the initial post because people are probably better off playing the RenPy version, though they're definitely quite different.

* Hosted version:
* Downloadable version:

I don't know how well it works. There's a Regalia bug at the very start where you can pick too many perks if you pick them in a certain order, some non-fatal crashes due to missing images, you can get stuck if you try to go to the car dealership but don't buy a car, etc etc etc. Might be worth fixing these issues just in the hope that it fixes issues in other games, though.

Last edited:

Imthatguy9924

Jun 1, 2017
So I downloaded the wife trainer but for some reason I cant play the regalia version. I open it up fine but as I click play and stays on the same screen. does anyone know how to fix this?

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
Interesting. Can you try getting the console output from Chrome when you do this? I wonder if there's some kind of error.
* Right click -> inspect element anywhere on the page
* Choose the 'console' tab
* Right click -> 'save as' on the console output

For example, this is the log of me going from the 'Start New Game' prompt straight to the store and buying Lingerie
{deleted}
I don't know how well it works. There's a Regalia bug at the very start where you can pick too many perks if you pick them in a certain order, some non-fatal crashes due to missing images, you can get stuck if you try to go to the car dealership but don't buy a car, etc etc etc. Might be worth fixing these issues just in the hope that it fixes issues in other games, though.

Here you go!

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Where is the default location for game saves in the web version?
The saves go into your browser's localStorage, so they live somewhere near where your browser is installed, and last however long your browser feels like keeping that data around.

I haven't fully tested the limits of how much data the browser lets you put in localStorage; it might be that after a certain amount of saves it decides the page is using too much data and deletes it. This might be why A Spell For All limits you to ~30 saves.

If you need to share saves across browser sessions or otherwise ensure the browser doesn't delete your saves, you can use the 'Export Saves' option to save them into a file and import them back into the browser later.

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
Congrats on the tool, it works way better than I expected.

Want to report that I did manage to break superpowered, used the mind control power on the mother that already had her will broken, but it gave me the option to break or fortify her will again, Couldn't click anything else after that.
I will try to see if I can replicate the bug to give a proper report, it happened to me yesterday and I just closed the browser.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
Want to report that I did manage to break superpowered, used the mind control power on the mother that already had her will broken, but it gave me the option to break or fortify her will again, Couldn't click anything else after that.
Thanks for checking it out! If you can export a save before the problem happens and describe the steps you need to take to reproduce, that would be great. Or if it's close enough to the start no export required, I guess.

I'm about 80% of the way through finishing a version that can play "The Sinner" through without any errors, then maybe after that I might try to tackle some of the errors with Superpowered because of how broken it is.

Though in games that are already a little broken (most rags games!!) it can be hard to debug what problems are Regalia problems vs. pre-existing problems in the original game.

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
I got to reproduce the error, but for some reason I'm having issues getting the save to export properly, when I right click on the link to save the file all I get is a html file with the name of the game that I cannot import later.

Anyways, the steps to the error aren't so bad, here's what I found (Using test mode at new game):
1-Buy mentalism to the max level
2-Buy the first level of empathy
3-Toggle trust as the empathy mode
4-With trust active, interact with the mother, eventually you don't get any choices when you interact to her, even if my character still has interactions available
5-Use mentalism on her and break her will
6-Remove inhibitions
7-Use reconstruct, slect anything, then an window comes up complaining about some error and you are stuck with the options to break or fortify her will, clicking them does nothing.

Best of luck man, from what little I could try this is miles ahead the original rags runner, and I like this version of supperpowered a lot more than the renpy one, so hopefully this will help.

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I'm having issues getting the save to export properly, when I right click on the link to save the file all I get is a html file with the name of the game that I cannot import later.
Whoops! This is because the export button has been hosed in all the versions I've released so far due to a last-minute code change I made.

When the export feature is working correctly, the link should say EXPORT and right click + save as should produce a .json file

I've fixed all the hosted versions (you may need to CTRL+SHIFT+R to hard-refresh and get the fixes)

As for the downloadable versions, here's reuploads of some of the supported-ish games:

Or if you've already downloaded the games from before, you can extract this patch into a game dir (the extracted content should merge with the existing 'regalia' subdirectory if you did it right):

Last edited:
Reactions: muttdoggy

mattius77

May 16, 2017
The saves go into your browser's localStorage, so they live somewhere near where your browser is installed, and last however long your browser feels like keeping that data around.

I haven't fully tested the limits of how much data the browser lets you put in localStorage; it might be that after a certain amount of saves it decides the page is using too much data and deletes it. This might be why A Spell For All limits you to ~30 saves.

If you need to share saves across browser sessions or otherwise ensure the browser doesn't delete your saves, you can use the 'Export Saves' option to save them into a file and import them back into the browser later.
So if you don't export, 'save' is really more like 'hold my beer'?

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
So if you don't export, 'save' is really more like 'hold my beer'?
It should be a little safer than that; usually localStorage doesn't get cleared unless you go wipe out all your browser data or something like that. It will definitely get cleared if you're running in an incognito window. There might be other conditions at play if the content in localStorage takes up a lot of space (megs? gigs?).

Here's someone's attempt to describe what they think the localStorage lifetime rules are:

I just know that the only way to be sure you're game is safe is to export and put the file somewhere, because that file is definitely under your control.

AntonZap

Aug 6, 2016
Ok this time the export worked, I've included two saves:

The first one I called Test save, it's right before it breaks, all you need to do is use mentalism on the mother, then select reconstruct and after clicking through the choice the error will pop up.

The second one I called Test save After error, because this time it gave me the chance to save even though I was stuck, loading it seems to 'kinda' work, but interactions with the mother are still broken, and using reconstruct again gives no options. Not sure if the second one could be of any use, but hey, there it is anyway.

Good luck.

foursnacks

Jul 21, 2017
Whoops! This is because the export button has been hosed in all the versions I've released so far due to a last-minute code change I made.

When the export feature is working correctly, the link should say EXPORT and right click + save as should produce a .json file

I've fixed all the hosted versions (you may need to CTRL+SHIFT+R to hard-refresh and get the fixes)

As for the downloadable versions, here's reuploads of some of the supported-ish games:

Or if you've already downloaded the games from before, you can extract this patch into a game dir (the extracted content should merge with the existing 'regalia' subdirectory if you did it right):
I'm having issues getting Wife Trainer to export. I'm still getting a 12k HTML file rather than a json file.

A suggestion and a request...

1) on the top line that shows the game title and the save/load buttons,can you display the current version of regalia somewhere?
2) can you confirm that these are the correct checksums for the contents of regalia 0.3.7?

regalia 7zip chk sum.JPG

Oh, and BTW, you CAN take a file__0.localstorage off of a Mac and stick it on a WinDoz box... Things SEEM to be working so far.

Thanks!

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I'm having issues getting Wife Trainer to export. I'm still getting a 12k HTML file rather than a json file.
Yep, I definitely screwed up fixing both the hosted Wife Trainer and the patch.

Here's the fixed version:

selectivepaperclip

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Feb 19, 2017
I've worked through all the bugs in The Sinner that I know about and it should now be 100% completable in Regalia.

Hosted version:
Downloadable:
  • (open the .html file that ends in ' - regalia' to get started)
Please report any bugs you encounter. I'll probably try to work on Superpowered next (just because it's got so many bugs) but I'm open to suggestions.

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes