• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

[Redacted]

Meaning Less

Engaged Member
Sep 13, 2016
That's what most devs already do. Just make it look like it is a "fanmade" patch posted by someone else and patreon would not have anything on you.

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
but will they accept if i post a censored version on patreon, but allow user to patch it on my own website or patch it thru a download link provided on discord?
No, they will not.

The ban isn't an interdiction to have this or that content on Patreon, but an interdiction to use Patreon in order to fund a game having such content.
It's possible to have patch adding banned content into a game, but it cannot be related to the author of the game, or to a member of the team making the game. Some creators already had problems because of this. It MUST be a patch that seem to have been made by someone totally not related to the game creator/team. And obviously, such patch cannot be advertised, nor distributed, by the creator of the game, or by a member of the team making the game.