• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Grm22

Dec 28, 2023
I'm getting a bug in part 1 (didn't try part 2 yet) where all the fights except the first one with the bandit leader are skipped and I just go to the next cutscene. I got this even when redownloading the game from different file hosts. The hotfixes, if they were supposed to fix this, either didn't work or I messed up installing them. Can someone help me?

nogoodname11

May 18, 2022
Oh TS Nao is a gender bender game lol, ok.
And for Bell Voice, what would you recommend that has this "undercover" girl gimmick? I don't mind the type of art, AI or not, as long as it's competently done.
I can't speak to the Bell Voice games, but I will second TS Mahou Shoujo Nao. Specifically, the sequel ( ). The first is ok, but really only focuses on the corruption of 1 girl and the hidden aspect of it is pretty minor. However, the second is a masterclass corruption game and easily the best I've ever played. Due to the invasion of a third party, the two enemy factions of the first game join forces (this was also engineered by the corrupted girls from the first game) so there are lots of avenues for team-ups and subterfuge. So throughout the whole game you get to see the corrupted girls being evil and playing all the angles for advantages. There's both a light side where you play as the oblivious protagonist and a dark side where you get to see all the hidden machinations.

I would also recommend Aldo Senki (Need a pixiv account ) - the english translation is just machine translation so it's not great but gets the job done. There's about 20 extra chapters that are Japanese only. It's very similar to Asturion War - the first 20 or so chapters are just setup, but 23-40 is some really good corruption with multiple pseudo-routes and the hidden aspect can be quite strong in some of them. The chapters after 40 are setting up for a "round two" of sorts but it still isn't finished so I can't quite recommend them as highly.

A full visual novel suggestion would be Haitoku no Gakuen ( ) - you play as a demon who disguises himself as a priest in a town as he corrupts mostly some local schoolgirls. The hidden aspect is sorta there with your initial corruptees, but the actual main girls don't do much after being corrupted.

Finally, there are most games by Maika (Justice Blade and Sailor Knights series in particular) - most are pretty same-y and generic but they follow a general pattern of corrupt girl->she helps you corrupt another secretly->ending where everyone else gets corrupted.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I'm getting a bug in part 1 (didn't try part 2 yet) where all the fights except the first one with the bandit leader are skipped and I just go to the next cutscene. I got this even when redownloading the game from different file hosts. The hotfixes, if they were supposed to fix this, either didn't work or I messed up installing them. Can someone help me?
That's worrying, hadn't encountered that kind of bug before. Are there any error messages?
I'm not seeing any obvious reasons why the game would skip like that in the code.. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, try deleting all the save and preference data for RoAW and start a new game

Besides the save data in the main game folder, there's also data in C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/RecordofAsturionRedux
If you clear all data from there, that might help start it fresh

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Oh TS Nao is a gender bender game lol, ok.
And for Bell Voice, what would you recommend that has this "undercover" girl gimmick? I don't mind the type of art, AI or not, as long as it's competently done.
There are a few where the corrupted girls hang around and sabotage you, like selling you bad potions or giving shit advice, then when you get to the final boss SURPRISE, they openly turn on you

Reactions: Voilsh

Voilsh

Apr 30, 2017
I can't speak to the Bell Voice games, but I will second TS Mahou Shoujo Nao. Specifically, the sequel ( ). The first is ok, but really only focuses on the corruption of 1 girl and the hidden aspect of it is pretty minor. However, the second is a masterclass corruption game and easily the best I've ever played. Due to the invasion of a third party, the two enemy factions of the first game join forces (this was also engineered by the corrupted girls from the first game) so there are lots of avenues for team-ups and subterfuge. So throughout the whole game you get to see the corrupted girls being evil and playing all the angles for advantages. There's both a light side where you play as the oblivious protagonist and a dark side where you get to see all the hidden machinations.
Thanks, I'll add this one to my wish list then, oblivious protagonists are the best in this setting.

I would also recommend Aldo Senki (Need a pixiv account ) - the english translation is just machine translation so it's not great but gets the job done. There's about 20 extra chapters that are Japanese only. It's very similar to Asturion War - the first 20 or so chapters are just setup, but 23-40 is some really good corruption with multiple pseudo-routes and the hidden aspect can be quite strong in some of them. The chapters after 40 are setting up for a "round two" of sorts but it still isn't finished so I can't quite recommend them as highly.
Nice find, I'll play that one next!

A full visual novel suggestion would be Haitoku no Gakuen ( ) - you play as a demon who disguises himself as a priest in a town as he corrupts mostly some local schoolgirls. The hidden aspect is sorta there with your initial corruptees, but the actual main girls don't do much after being corrupted.
Too bad the heroines look way too thicc for my tastes...

There are a few where the corrupted girls hang around and sabotage you, like selling you bad potions or giving shit advice, then when you get to the final boss SURPRISE, they openly turn on you
Which ones? The dev made a gazillion games lol

Grm22

Dec 28, 2023
That's worrying, hadn't encountered that kind of bug before. Are there any error messages?
I'm not seeing any obvious reasons why the game would skip like that in the code.. I'll keep looking. In the meantime, try deleting all the save and preference data for RoAW and start a new game

Besides the save data in the main game folder, there's also data in C:/Users/yourusername/AppData/Roaming/RenPy/RecordofAsturionRedux
If you clear all data from there, that might help start it fresh
No error messages, it'll introduce the halflings then next scene is them punching the bad guy into the air, no fight between. It continues like this up until the redheaded witch is introduced, I didn't continue past that. The only fight I had was the tutorial.
I deleted all the save data an app roaming data like you suggested, but I couldn't find any files for preference data.
The version I'm downloading is the compressed MEGA if that helps any.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
No error messages, it'll introduce the halflings then next scene is them punching the bad guy into the air, no fight between. It continues like this up until the redheaded witch is introduced, I didn't continue past that. The only fight I had was the tutorial.
I deleted all the save data an app roaming data like you suggested, but I couldn't find any files for preference data.
The version I'm downloading is the compressed MEGA if that helps any.
Oh! That's not an error, most of the actual fights are against significant enemies and thematic, so a lot of the story battles (especially against grunts and generic enemies) don't have combat or gameplay. Sometimes there's a long gap between fights, but they get more frequent as the story unfolds!

Reactions: Grm22

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Which ones? The dev made a gazillion games lol
Shit, sorry, forgot lol. These ones have sabotaging heroines

Reactions: Voilsh

metarune

Jan 16, 2020
Sure, they're on DLsite

Here's , it's already got a sequel and a couple mini side games

has a lot of stuff, recently they've been using AI art, unfortunately, but most of their games use 3D models (Custom Maid, Custom Girl engine? Can't remember which)

Just for clarification, how does the point of view work for the games from both devs? Is it something akin to this game where we start off as the light protag then switch the gameplay to the dark one or is the main focus on the former with some glimpses to the latter? I'm not a big fan of netorare but I'm fine if it switches characters to be netori or starts off being the villain.

Also Happy Belated New Year!

Reactions: harold

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Just for clarification, how does the point of view work for the games from both devs? Is it something akin to this game where we start off as the light protag then switch the gameplay to the dark one or is the main focus on the former with some glimpses to the latter? I'm not a big fan of netorare but I'm fine if it switches characters to be netori or starts off being the villain.

Also Happy Belated New Year!
Happy also belated New Year too!

TS Nao tells the story first from the good guy's perspective. When the story is finished you then unlock the dark route, which tells the same story from the bad guy's pov.

Bell Voice is all over the place with POV, here's a few where you're definitely in control of the baddie

in this one you can choose at the start which pov to play from

Reactions: metarune

metarune

Jan 16, 2020
TS Nao tells the story first from the good guy's perspective. When the story is finished you then unlock the dark route, which tells the same story from the bad guy's pov.

Bell Voice is all over the place with POV, here's a few where you're definitely in control of the baddie
That definitely clears things up, will definitely try it out. Thank you for this and all of the suggestions!

May 11, 2023
Happy also belated New Year too!

in this one you can choose at the start which pov to play from
Do you just use mtool to translate these games? also good luck on your upcoming game, can't wait to play it.
Edit: happy new years to you to

Last edited:

applepie123

Aug 3, 2017
All these fire emblem clone eroge from bells makes me wish someone make actual parody of Fire Emblem (name them differently enough to avoid copyright strikes) but with corruption/ntr twist. Imagine taking the role of Oliver from FE9, 10 who is obsessed with women rather than herons, going around corrupting all the ladies of path of radiance and radiant dawn, and there are a lot of them, beautiful ones too except Meg. Now THAT would be a dream game of mine.

Mommysbuttslut

Engaged Member
Feb 19, 2021
All these fire emblem clone eroge from bells makes me wish someone make actual parody of Fire Emblem (name them differently enough to avoid copyright strikes) but with corruption/ntr twist. Imagine taking the role of Oliver from FE9, 10 who is obsessed with women rather than herons, going around corrupting all the ladies of path of radiance and radiant dawn, and there are a lot of them, beautiful ones too except Meg. Now THAT would be a dream game of mine.
Last FE game I can think of got shut down by shittendo. When you've got Nintendo dollars and Nintendo lawyers fair use laws don't really mean much.

May 11, 2023
There is a game similiar to that called dominant tale
https://f95zone.to/threads/dominant-tale-v0-06-fez-dispenser.170211/
but it hasn't been updated in a while so I wonder the status for it

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
Do you just use mtool to translate these games? also good luck on your upcoming game, can't wait to play it.
Edit: happy new years to you to
Yup! Mtool's pretty damn helpful, probably the best autotranslator for rpg games
I appreciate it! My has a few teaser screenshots if you want to check out some of the character designs

flwqo

Modder
Jun 6, 2021
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that your new game seems to be in RPGM. I always find them tedious to play. I thought with this remake into a VN you'd thought so too.

harold

Game Developer
May 20, 2017
I have to say, I'm a bit disappointed that your new game seems to be in RPGM. I always find them tedious to play. I thought with this remake into a VN you'd thought so too.
I get it, the endless grinding can be fucking hellish lol.
I made an announcement addressing it on Pixiv, but I'll also write it here.

There's no battle or level grinding. In fact, I'm not relying on the premade battle system, but making a slightly different one within the engine.
Any battles will be thematic. No random encounters or fighting a billion minions. If you want to play the game like a VN you will have the option of skipping battles.

I'm using RPG Maker for the ambience. Some of the best corruption games are on RPG Maker, and it's because they change the maps and dialogue with the story. When shit goes down, the NPCs react differently. The maps turn twisted and dark. I love the hell out of games that actually utilise that.

Now if you're not into exploring and just want to get on with the story, that's cool too! NPCs that have H scenes will be marked, and you can pretty much avoid the rest.

Robotninja

May 5, 2020
I get it, the endless grinding can be fucking hellish lol.
I made an announcement addressing it on Pixiv, but I'll also write it here.

There's no battle or level grinding. In fact, I'm not relying on the premade battle system, but making a slightly different one within the engine.
Any battles will be thematic. No random encounters or fighting a billion minions. If you want to play the game like a VN you will have the option of skipping battles.

I'm using RPG Maker for the ambience. Some of the best corruption games are on RPG Maker, and it's because they change the maps and dialogue with the story. When shit goes down, the NPCs react differently. The maps turn twisted and dark. I love the hell out of games that actually utilise that.

Now if you're not into exploring and just want to get on with the story, that's cool too! NPCs that have H scenes will be marked, and you can pretty much avoid the rest.
Are we going to play as the villain?

4.30 star(s) 12 Votes