• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Recommended Anti-malware\Ransomware Programs?

AKA101

May 11, 2017
I am using malware bytes and haven't got any problem it have been working fine. Since it has saved me from formatting my main drive once x'Dx'D and bit defender is too aggressive for me.

F95

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Jul 21, 2016
:)

Onysko

Jun 5, 2017
I am using malware bytes and haven't got any problem it have been working fine. Since it has saved me from formatting my main drive once x'Dx'D and bit defender is too aggressive for me.
Thanks for the insight and help.

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
We have exploits and drive by viruses that can be triggered by just visiting a website. Personally, I use free Bitdefender and free Malwarebytes Anti-exploit. A friend uses the paid Bitdefender and HitmanPro.Alert. He's frequently gone into areas I wouldn't even dare go and he's never had to reformat, etc.
Biggest takeaway... KEEP your browsers, operating system, and antivirus/anti-malware progs completely updated. If you don't, you can easily get infected. So I cannot say it enough.. keep them up-to-date. Another thing I do is keep all programs updated - even games.
I've been running Win 10 for 2 years and never reformatted. Had windows 7 for 2 years prior without any reformatting, viruses, etc. Now, I did have accounts hacked but that was only because I had federal work and the chinese hacked my employer's database and the yahoo hack got me, too. Now I've got this frickin notepad full of passwords, etc. I mean written notepad in my own encryption. o_O

palunglaut

Jul 19, 2017
Hitman Pro is good depending on your situation, but it can be too wild. My experience using it, my windows broken because it quarantined some of my os loader files in a false positive case (yes i use pirated windows with loader, hitman hit them too).

So in the end, i back to old trusty malwarebytes, maybe it's not the most reliable but at least it most safer from my experience.