4.10 star(s) 193 Votes
Sep 3, 2020
Well, don't force yourself to talk about it, then.

It is alright to give up on a game you no longer care. Time is scarce, after all.
it's not that I don't care I've been let down by this game I was one of the biggest supporters when it started

when Sharon and MC met each other

they had very sweet and romantic moments like when she showed him

her fangs when they were watching a movie

and while Sharon was never a

Saint, you could tell that she had a code

but then she started to get worse and worse as

the updates went on

and basically fried a young girl's brain like it was nothing

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
Well at least there's still The Bite Revanent getting updates. Wish I knew of more vamp games with a decent storyline.
Yeah, there is that one and I also like it, however content bit slow imo, but story wise it seems pretty solid.

Also playing it, my only issue with it the amount of content per update is low ( but still of good quality) and the sandbox, not a fan of sandbox, however thankfully TBR sandbox as pretty much bare bones and simpl enough to not make it absolutely tedious.

Edit: there is also Welcome To Hell vampire Chronicles, which is also decent. At least story wise it is good.

Last edited:

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
Yeah, there is that one and I also like it, however content bit slow imo, but story wise it seems pretty solid.

Also playing it, my only issue with it the amount of content per update is low ( but still of good quality) and the sandbox, not a fan of sandbox, however thankfully TBR sandbox as pretty much bare bones and simpl enough to not make it absolutely tedious.

Edit: there is also Welcome To Hell vampire Chronicles, which is also decent. At least story wise it is good.
While I agree that I would love more updates in The Bite, I am content in knowing that so far.....that means a quality update. And I will definitely have to check out that other game you mentioned. Yeah I enjoy the sex scenes in most games, but I find the ones I love the most have good storylines.

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
Yeah, total letdown, with rushed ending...
This update is just as worse as the last one, just runing arround like a headless chicken...

The first couple of episodes 1-3 were really good and promising, one of my favorite game back then. Since then it's gone downhill tho, the last updates especially so.

So Virgil was indeed Calypso's child, old powerful and likely not on good terms with her. It doesn't matter tho, spying on him does neither, or what ever plans he has made...he's served as a snack, similiar done in as Calysto, no fight whatsoever.
I get that the sisters are strong, but even in VTM multiple strong methuselah can fight and win against a antediluvian, at least they can try fighting...

Fabian...really backstabing was total pointless (and way too prematurely), seeing how easily the older of the sister agrees to a deal.

So we agreed to be the snack delivery guy...what a crap end/solution.
Genuinely wondering what was even the point of getting all the powers (or draining Marcius), Vamp society, political intrigues etc.
I mean, it was clear that the MC woudn't be the strongest or take the sisters head on alone, but this is such a dissapointment...and the whole last 2 episodes burn down to this.

So question, just WHY would the older sister play the prisoner for the younger one for millennia or more like tens of millennia....like just kill/drain her, why would anyone sitting in that cave for no reason.
But i guess than the dev would need actually find a way to deal with a ancient one, which he clearly has no intention of doing so, seeing how he's done in the 2 most powerfull vamps besides the sisters in the most boring way possible...

Shouldn't have expected any better ending after his other game...yeah there are still 2 updates left, but whatever they will change nothing...

Honestly the idea with the 2 ancient ones was good, or so i thought back then, but seeing what crap he did with it, i'd say it would have be much more enjoyable if the game continued like ep 1-3. Vamp society, intrigues, modern day vamps, with a few powerfull ones, hunters etc. and forgo the ancient ones, would have been more interesting.
I think the notion with the sisters was that one of them had turned to worshiping some Lovecraftian being of power or Elder God, so the other sister was tasked with keeping her captive, I assume at the behest of her own kind, which would mean their might be other ancient super vampires around, which would mean that rather than what I originally that the one communicating with the MC was basically that setting's equivalent to Cain for Vampire the Masquerade, instead she is basically one of the 2nd or 3rd generation vampires, which makes her far less interesting overall.

Anyhow yea I think most of us can agree that the earlier story was so much more interesting when it was basically more of a pseudo-Vampire the Masquerade story, while now with the shift of focus away from Vampire society to a grudge match for the survival of vampirekind & humankind, it lost its appeal. I think the Dev should have played Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines... a dozen times or so, figure out what made that game great story wise and go along with it, while their are some vague similarities its obvious the Dev was lacking several more runs to really get it.

dreas

Feb 8, 2018
The game tries to be faithful to VtM lore. A neonate like the MC can have some special powers but the power levels are always against him. Not even all the vampires in the game combined are a challenge for the sisters.
In vtm one of the founders woke up and ate his entire Clan just like that. To stop him they had to use magic and shots from satellites in orbit. That's why you don't see the oldest vampires in the official games, because they are overpowered as fuck.
Going the ancient vampire route in Rebirth was a mistake imo. The MC and his crew can't do shit against the sisters, the writer trapped himself into a corner.
Thing is no one said that the ancient in the cave had to be an ancient, remember the scene where you got a dagger from calisto where she assumed it was just some elder. They could have easily just made it some really old elder maybe a special nos elder but still an elder and not an ancient. I'm just spit balling but my suggestion have been would be remove the second ancient the whole jailer stuff was not needed and make the first one just some mezzo American elder imprisoned during the early years of colonization of America during a power struggle between the European vamps moving in and the local vamps.

Also considering Virgil is seems have to have meant to be the Roman poet Virgil that makes him just over 2000 years old and with Calisto being his mother making her even older. Could have easily made the cave dweller similar to that or maybe even a bit below that making them a potential threat that could only be taken out while still trapped weakened in the cave.

personally i'm just going to avoid any new games by these dev's now as they seem to be able to come up with a decent beginning of a story but they clearly don't plan out their stories far enough and have a clear idea for an ending and also just seem crap at making ending so they just make those engaging with their games feel irritated in the end. Which tbf isn't that uncommon on this site.

Seriously though devs plan your endings yes the can adapt as a project develops but have an idea of where you are going or want to go and make sure you are going that direction so you don't end up like this.

Raziel_8

Engaged Member
Dec 4, 2017
I think the notion with the sisters was that one of them had turned to worshiping some Lovecraftian being of power or Elder God, so the other sister was tasked with keeping her captive, I assume at the behest of her own kind, which would mean their might be other ancient super vampires around, which would mean that rather than what I originally that the one communicating with the MC was basically that setting's equivalent to Cain for Vampire the Masquerade, instead she is basically one of the 2nd or 3rd generation vampires, which makes her far less interesting overall.
I mean, why not kill her and be over with it, that would be the logical thing no ?
Vamps aren't exactly known for showing much lenient, it's just as much a punishment for the sister who plays the role of a guard and the risk of the other to escape.

Doesn't need to be Cain equivalent, can just as well be others of similar strenght which came to the decision.
Not that this really changes anything imo, it's not like there is more than few lines of text with them.
Also that was so long ago...no one even knows if, or how many, of them are still arround, or if any of them are awake (unlikely).

Anyhow yea I think most of us can agree that the earlier story was so much more interesting when it was basically more of a pseudo-Vampire the Masquerade story, while now with the shift of focus away from Vampire society to a grudge match for the survival of vampirekind & humankind, it lost its appeal.
Yeah, but there really isn't any dread or survival of vamp/humankind, like you would expect if such a being wakes up in VtM, let alone two which go all out against each other.

At the end the ancient plotline is just irrelevant, if they had ignored them nothing would have changed, just remains like it is since forever.
With the interference of the MC and co nothing changes either, except that he brings food once a year now, while otherwise the sister just used someone like the feral Nos.
Also she seems to have zero interest in information from the MC, like everything changed vamps aren't gods anymore etc, neither in leaving the cave where she is also a prisoner in for countless millennia...sure why not... :rolleyes:

At the end no one even was in any danger if they wouldn't go down the cave, no one except of the handfull of people which are directly involved even noticed that two god like vamps have awoken and fight it out, casualties are what ? half a dozen...

I mean, this could have been interesting and a heck of a epic finale if the dev tried something like the 'Week of Nightmares' and the battle against Zapathasura/Ravnos Antediluvian... but this, yeah rather modern day vamp problems and politics etc.

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2020
Thing is no one said that the ancient in the cave had to be an ancient, remember the scene where you got a dagger from calisto where she assumed it was just some elder. They could have easily just made it some really old elder maybe a special nos elder but still an elder and not an ancient. I'm just spit balling but my suggestion have been would be remove the second ancient the whole jailer stuff was not needed and make the first one just some mezzo American elder imprisoned during the early years of colonization of America during a power struggle between the European vamps moving in and the local vamps.

Also considering Virgil is seems have to have meant to be the Roman poet Virgil that makes him just over 2000 years old and with Calisto being his mother making her even older. Could have easily made the cave dweller similar to that or maybe even a bit below that making them a potential threat that could only be taken out while still trapped weakened in the cave.

personally i'm just going to avoid any new games by these dev's now as they seem to be able to come up with a decent beginning of a story but they clearly don't plan out their stories far enough and have a clear idea for an ending and also just seem crap at making ending so they just make those engaging with their games feel irritated in the end. Which tbf isn't that uncommon on this site.

Seriously though devs plan your endings yes the can adapt as a project develops but have an idea of where you are going or want to go and make sure you are going that direction so you don't end up like this.
I have a reading disability so I never read VtM lore.

and while I do believe that just cuz it's based on it doesn't mean it has

to follow it exactly

but judging by what you and the other people have said it sounds like the developers got tired of making the

game and wanted to end it so they rushed it

like they really didn't want to be working on this game anymore so they pulled a Game of Thrones

Lady Lydia

Sep 18, 2019
I mean, why not kill her and be over with it, that would be the logical thing no ?
Vamps aren't exactly known for showing much lenient, it's just as much a punishment for the sister who plays the role of a guard and the risk of the other to escape.

Doesn't need to be Cain equivalent, can just as well be others of similar strenght which came to the decision.
Not that this really changes anything imo, it's not like there is more than few lines of text with them.
Also that was so long ago...no one even knows if, or how many, of them are still arround, or if any of them are awake (unlikely).

Yeah, but there really isn't any dread or survival of vamp/humankind, like you would expect if such a being wakes up in VtM, let alone two which go all out against each other.

At the end the ancient plotline is just irrelevant, if they had ignored them nothing would have changed, just remains like it is since forever.
With the interference of the MC and co nothing changes either, except that he brings food once a year now, while otherwise the sister just used someone like the feral Nos.
Also she seems to have zero interest in information from the MC, like everything changed vamps aren't gods anymore etc, neither in leaving the cave where she is also a prisoner in for countless millennia...sure why not...

I mean, this could have been interesting and a heck of a epic finale if the dev tried something like the battle against Zapathasura/Ravnos Antediluvian... but this, yeah rather modern day vamp problems politics etc.
Well depending on what Lovecraftian forces the sister might have reached out to, death might be a problem, killing her might just enable her to access them directly and cause more troubles, to me that part wasn't really that much of a problem I can see situations where death is a greater problem than just letting her live. And yea I do agree ultimately the outcome was irrelevant since basically one way or the other it would end up all the same.

dreas

Feb 8, 2018
I have a reading disability so I never read VtM lore.

and while I do believe that just cuz it's based on it doesn't mean it has

to follow it exactly

but judging by what you and the other people have said it sounds like the developers got tired of making the

game and wanted to end it so they rushed it

like they really didn't want to be working on this game anymore so they pulled a Game of Thrones
your right it doesn't need to follow the rules of VtM lore at all we are talking about it more because the games clearly inspired by it and uses terms and ranks that are also used in VtM but doesn't mean VtM owns them such as Archons. I was just giving a take on how they could have written it so the big scary in the cave could be beaten and they didn't really write themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of there are many ways they could have gotten out of it they just needed a little bit of creativity like say a special nos elder who can who can control nos and its why the nos went nuts but everyone else is fine and how op could fight back.

and your right it is GoT last season style they want to be done with this and have written a rushed shoddy ending.

Ragnar

Super User
Respected User
Aug 5, 2016
your right it doesn't need to follow the rules of VtM lore at all we are talking about it more because the games clearly inspired by it and uses terms and ranks that are also used in VtM but doesn't mean VtM owns them such as Archons. I was just giving a take on how they could have written it so the big scary in the cave could be beaten and they didn't really write themselves into a corner they couldn't get out of there are many ways they could have gotten out of it they just needed a little bit of creativity like say a special nos elder who can who can control nos and its why the nos went nuts but everyone else is fine and how op could fight back.

and your right it is GoT last season style they want to be done with this and have written a rushed shoddy ending.
You can use the cave beings like they did at the beginning. Powerful beings in torpor manipulating others throught visions and shit. But the moment you put them in the same room with other vampires shit happens.

Ottoeight

Forum Fanatic
Mar 13, 2021
I would say the biggest problem that happened to Rebirth was simply time schedule.

I spoke once with Likesblondes when I was a supporter, which I did for around 2 years if I remember right, which amounts to 120 dollars. I ask him about how long and he say 5 episodes. So I asked why that little where I could see the story was just starting. He said something that actually make sense.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

I have a feeling they could have really push for a more complex thing but that would require a lot more time and effort.

There is also the thing about income. When I stopped supporting, they were a little short of 2000 usd per month. Now they are doing just 1000 usd. I still believe the novel deserves more, but hey, even I stopped supporting after a while so I cannot just tell people they should.
If Rebirth were their only game, I'd agree with you, BUT they have been working on different games using different Patreon accounts and different team names.

They clearly are the same team who made Alexandra and Ptolemy's games and who's making The Taming of the Brat and their games follow the very same pattern and share the very same bugs and the storylines show the very same mindset, pattern, inconsistencies and dialogue "weirdness".

Ayhsel

Chocolate Vampire
Donor
May 9, 2019
If Rebirth were their only game, I'd agree with you, BUT they have been working on different games using different Patreon accounts and different team names.

They clearly are the same team who made Alexandra and Ptolemy's games and who's making The Taming of the Brat and their games follow the very same pattern and share the very same bugs and the storylines show the very same mindset, pattern, inconsistencies and dialogue "weirdness".
My understanding is that ptolemy is working on those too, being the writer. Likesblonde only works on this one.

Sep 3, 2020

I know brother and I agree with you 100% but I am curious about how Sharon and MC's romantic relationship turns out

I haven't played in a very very long time but something tells me their relationship goes nowhere

I will probably just ask you what happened to them in the end

Elduriel

Engaged Member
Donor
Mar 28, 2021
I know brother and I agree with you 100% but I am curious about how Sharon and MC's romantic relationship turns out

I haven't played in a very very long time but something tells me their relationship goes nowhere

I will probably just ask you what happened to them in the end
eh there isn't much romance there tbh, game is being developed for a long time, but that relationship is just meh

Gold613

Sep 21, 2016
While I agree that I would love more updates in The Bite, I am content in knowing that so far.....that means a quality update. And I will definitely have to check out that other game you mentioned. Yeah I enjoy the sex scenes in most games, but I find the ones I love the most have good storylines.
Sex scenes are fine, sure I think that they have a lot more compared to Rebirth for sure. But for me content is also story, I know for some people content means either not enough sex scenes or fight scenes or whatever, but to me content is everything as a whole. If I can get through everything in a short period ( all of it combined ) it means small amount of content for me, the question is the quality at that point also. Revenant seems like it has a lot to offer with it's glossary and lore and what not, but like I said while the sandbox is barebones and not all that tedious around, it does look like that could change in the future.

Also the way it is setup it means the scope of things they have planned for it is bigger compared to what we got, so if the updates they give are going to be staying as small as they are right now, it means it is going to take a long time before we actually get anywhere. We will have to see, in so far I enjoy it.

Rebirth on the other hand, year's wasted, they could have made a proper end goal and worked towards it but it seems the goal kept changing because they had no idea how they wanted it to finish ( evidenced by how much stuff they ignored or never expanded on that got introduced ) and now ended up with a mess so just wanting to rush to an ending that they know, no one is going to be satisfied with but they can claim "finished" and put that on be like see, we got 2 finished games 0 abandoned.

Reactions: pequi and Landrol

Landrol

Nov 22, 2023
Sex scenes are fine, sure I think that they have a lot more compared to Rebirth for sure. But for me content is also story, I know for some people content means either not enough sex scenes or fight scenes or whatever, but to me content is everything as a whole. If I can get through everything in a short period ( all of it combined ) it means small amount of content for me, the question is the quality at that point also. Revenant seems like it has a lot to offer with it's glossary and lore and what not, but like I said while the sandbox is barebones and not all that tedious around, it does look like that could change in the future.

Also the way it is setup it means the scope of things they have planned for it is bigger compared to what we got, so if the updates they give are going to be staying as small as they are right now, it means it is going to take a long time before we actually get anywhere. We will have to see, in so far I enjoy it.

Rebirth on the other hand, year's wasted, they could have made a proper end goal and worked towards it but it seems the goal kept changing because they had no idea how they wanted it to finish ( evidenced by how much stuff they ignored or never expanded on that got introduced ) and now ended up with a mess so just wanting to rush to an ending that they know, no one is going to be satisfied with but they can claim "finished" and put that on be like see, we got 2 finished games 0 abandoned.
Dude!!!!! You should NOT have told me about that Welcome to Hell game!! Holy shit! I downloaded it at like 9pm and stayed up until 7am playing it LOL!! Damn is that game good!! And I haven't even played through the entire thing yet!! And I already know I'm going to play it again!!! Thanks man!

May 31, 2020
Haha hahaha... I think I am losing my marbles... We were finally free of That Calisto Bitch..... But guess what, someone more powerful just made us her toy.... Fuck this.... I'm still going to see where the story is going but really, fuck this..... :FacePalm: :WutFace: unless we become the sister's right hand and be as evil as we want..... Now, that doesn't sound so bad!! :devilish::BootyTime:

4.10 star(s) 193 Votes