Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
Nice setup overall, personally I'm a big fan of medieval fantasy settings in any game so that's a big plus for me. Valerie looks great, the female MC looks great, as well as the other girls that have been introduced so far. Even the male MC looks great, nice to see another game where you don't play as some goofy looking wimp for a change.

Casual Desires is one of my favorite female MC games so I'm curious to see where the developer will take this. I am a bit worried that it's going to take a very long time before we see any significant amount of action/progress with anyone besides Valerie though (especially F+M stuff as a female MC), seeing as it's been almost a year since I've seen this game appear and so far all there is is a relatively short list of repeatable scenes with Valerie.

That aside, the game looks great. Good luck to you ionDivvy !

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
And your post doesn't answer the question either, so what is the purpose of it? To call out another member for no reason other than to stir up drama? How about being helpful instead of antagonizing?
The purpose was to call out another member because they were being antagonizing instead of helpful, sorry I thought that was obvious.

It was not the exact language that was used in the question.
I wrote out what the actual question was.

And yes, engaging ones brain does indeed help figure out the answer.
Or that the question that was asked was stupid.

P.S. Pointing a finger at someone because you did not understand what they said is LESS then helpful.
No you didn't, the actual question was completely different to what you wrote. There's nothing stupid about wanting to know a bit more about the contents of a game before playing it. There's also nothing stupid about asking questions about said content on a thread that is literally used to discuss the game.

You were just being snarky for no reason and you know it.

Reactions: Gold Onyx

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
The purpose was to call out another member because they were being antagonizing instead of helpful, sorry I thought that was obvious.
So, you decided instead of ignoring it (since it wasn't even directed at you personally), to inject yourself into it and antagonize them for... what? A trophy, medal, or something?

Calling out another member for no other reason than to cause drama, is pretty crumby. Ignoring it and helping instead of escalating would have been the better option. You've been here almost as long as I have. You should know better by now. It's just not worth it.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Overview:
You have been summoned from our modern-day world into a fantasy world, to become the bodyguard of a beautiful young succubus. With the two of you living together, and pursued by deadly threats, you must learn to survive in this foreign world.

Choose between a male or female protagonist. Sexually train and level up your succubus companion, and evolve from a humble office worker into a powerful spellsword.
No you didn't, the actual question was completely different to what you wrote. There's nothing stupid about wanting to know a bit more about the contents of a game before playing it. There's also nothing stupid about asking questions about said content on a thread that is literally used to discuss the game.

You were just being snarky for no reason and you know it.
Above is the official overview of the game.
Quoted so you won't need to search it for yourself.

You are summoned by a succubus.
Those are female sex demons.
As a bodyguard.
It is a foreign world.
You sexually train your succubus companion.

VERY OBVIOUSLY that means if you chose a female protagonist that results in lesbian sex.
That means the question that was asked was 100% stupid as what he needed to know is perfectly visible and communicated at the very beginning of this thread.

P.S.
Were the question worded slightly different like "are all sexual encounters as a female protagonist lesbian?" it would have been a different matter.

• Angry
Reactions: HunterSeeker

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
So, you decided instead of ignoring it (since it wasn't even directed at you personally), to inject yourself into it and antagonize them for... what? A trophy, medal, or something?

Calling out another member for no other reason than to cause drama, is pretty crumby. Ignoring it and helping instead of escalating would have been the better option. You've been here almost as long as I have. You should know better by now. It's just not worth it.
What I did was point out that his reply wasn't helpful, there's nothing wrong with that. Correcting people when they act poorly has nothing to do with "trying to cause drama", stop blowing this out of proportion.

VERY OBVIOUSLY that means if you chose a female protagonist that results in lesbian sex.
That means the question that was asked was 100% stupid as what he needed to know is perfectly visible and communicated at the very beginning of this thread.

P.S.
Were the question worded slightly different like "are all sexual encounters as a female protagonist lesbian?" it would have been a different matter.
Which how I interpreted the question when I read it, as I assumed they would've read the overview already meaning the wording would've been a simple mistake on their part. You on the other hand immediately assumed the worst and decided to act snarky for no reason.

Just because the choice of words isn't 100% the way you want to see it doesn't mean you need to act like the person asking the question is a dumbass. Why not just give them the benefit of the doubt instead of responding like that?

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Just because the choice of words isn't 100% the way you want to see it doesn't mean you need to act like the person asking the question is a dumbass. Why not just give them the benefit of the doubt instead of responding like that?
I have seen very similar wording in the past "innocently" asking whether XYZ that is in the game is optional or if the player is FORCED to do it.
In 99.999% of the cases the persons asking is transphobic, homophobic, arachnophobic, ...

So no.
If I read this kind of question there is absolutely no benefit of the doubt given. I've run out of it a few years back and the resupply is better spend elsewhere.

Reactions: Mfka5

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
What I did was point out that his reply wasn't helpful, there's nothing wrong with that. Correcting people when they act poorly has nothing to do with "trying to cause drama", stop blowing this out of proportion.
And your reply was helpful? Your reply contributing nothing to the topic. You didn't even help the person in question. Instead, you decided to antagonize another user for their response. Contributing nothing and helping no one.

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017
I have seen very similar wording in the past "innocently" asking whether XYZ that is in the game is optional or if the player is FORCED to do it.
In 99.999% of the cases the persons asking is transphobic, homophobic, arachnophobic, ...

So no.
If I read this kind of question there is absolutely no benefit of the doubt given. I've run out of it a few years back and the resupply is better spend elsewhere.
Right, well that explains why you reacted the way you did. Fair enough..

Making up numbers doesn't really reinforce your argument by the way.

And your reply was helpful? Your reply contributing nothing to the topic. You didn't even help the person in question. Instead, you decided to antagonize another user for their response. Contributing nothing and helping no one.
Mate, I can say the exact same thing about your replies to me. What are you trying to achieve here by constantly repeating yourself? I've already made it clear that I see it differently so please just give it a rest.

I will agree on one thing however, I should've at least included an answer to the person asking the question. You're right about that.

Now if you two have anything else to say to me about this, you can hit me up in a dm. I'm not interested in flooding the thread with this discussion any longer..

Gold Onyx

Feb 11, 2019
I'm sorry that my question seemed to spark a lot of drama on this thread. But I'll address the main prepetrator, who clearly seemed offended by my question. And even accused me and others as being stupid for asking it...

I asked... "If you choose female protagonist in this game, are you just forced to be a lesbian for any action?"

It was really a simple question. Can female MC's have sex with non female NPC's. I did read the premise. I knew lesbian sex would be unavoidable.

I was just trying to see if this game, that lets you choose a male or female PC that has a prominent female love interest allow you to only have action with that female and or other females. There are MANY games on this site that feature male and female MC's BUT the game is clearly written for the male PC and the female PC is tacked on and usually seems out of place in context of the story. (As in other male NPCS never hit on the female PC, every female PC just happens to be gay for female PC, when going shopping and all the other female NPCs are trying on clothes or taking pictures the female PC is asked to do the same)

"If I choose my MC to have a vagina, am I forced in this AVN to use that vagina?"

MC is summoned by a FEMALE succubus to her world. As a bodyguard. And battery.
I figured the simplest way to get that information would be just to ask if a Female PC has to be lesbian for any action.
Someone with a brain responded after the above dummy with exactly the info I was hoping to get. Later in the game, the female MC will be able to do things with male NPCs...

I apologize for this question... getting out of hand. I appreciate Kagarus for the simple answer and Balbaar for defending inquisitive people who ask reasonably questions. Brannon I'm not a something/phobic and you read to much into things and is probably the cause of a lot of stress for you. SpyderArachnid , you accuse Balbaar of just antagonizing someone when they were actually just pointing out a legit question was asked. Yet you are doing to Balbaar what you accused him of, except his original point was correct and yours was not. Brannon was tripping something hard, and when people are tripping the correct course of action is to call them out on it.

Last edited:

SpyderArachnid

Jul 31, 2017
I'm sorry that my question seemed to spark a lot of drama on this thread. But I'll address the main prepetrator, who clearly seemed offended by my question. And even accused me and others as being stupid for asking it...

I asked... "If you choose female protagonist in this game, are you just forced to be a lesbian for any action?"

It was really a simple question. Can female MC's have sex with non female NPC's. I did read the premise. I knew lesbian sex would be unavoidable.

I was just trying to see if this game, that lets you choose a male or female PC that has a prominent female love interest allow you to only have action with that female and or other females. There are MANY games on this site that feature male and female MC's BUT the game is clearly written for the male PC and the female PC is tacked on and usually seems out of place in context of the story. (As in other male NPCS never hit on the female PC, every female PC just happens to be gay for female PC, when going shopping and all the other female NPCs are trying on clothes or taking pictures the female PC is asked to do the same)

I figured the simplest way to get that information would be just to ask if a Female PC has to be lesbian for any action.
Someone with a brain responded after the above dummy with exactly the info I was hoping to get. Later in the game, the female MC will be able to do things with male NPCs...

I apologize for this question... getting out of hand. I appreciate Kagarus for the simple answer and Balbaar for defending inquisitive people who ask reasonably questions. Brannon I'm not a something/phobic and you read to much into things and is probably the cause of a lot of stress for you. SpyderArachnid , you accuse Balbaar of just antagonizing someone when they were actually just pointing out a legit question was asked. Yet you are doing to Balbaar what you accused him of, except his original point was correct and yours was not. Brannon was tripping something hard, and when people and tripping the correct course of action is to call them out on it.
Except I helped and actually answered your question. Balbaar ignored your question and instead thought it necessary to randomly call out another member and antagonize them without even helping you one bit. We are not the same.

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017

I apologize for this question... getting out of hand. I appreciate Kagarus for the simple answer and Balbaar for defending inquisitive people who ask reasonably questions. Brannon I'm not a something/phobic and you read to much into things and is probably the cause of a lot of stress for you. SpyderArachnid , you accuse Balbaar of just antagonizing someone when they were actually just pointing out a legit question was asked. Yet you are doing to Balbaar what you accused him of, except his original point was correct and yours was not. Brannon was tripping something hard, and when people are tripping the correct course of action is to call them out on it.
I said before (but apparently you did not read) and I say it again.

It matters what you say but it does matter even more HOW you say it.

I did not say you are stupid for asking.
I said it was a stupid question.
That is a difference, but somebody who still insists that his own style of questioning was not inflammatory or anything bad can't be expected to know of that difference ...

Oh and btw. since you seem to have a delusion about it:
Later in the game it is planned that the female protagonist can have sex with a male person.
Much later.
Not in the current version at all.

Shortened for you:

Right now Yes.
Later No.

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
I said before (but apparently you did not read) and I say it again.

It matters what you say but it does matter even more HOW you say it.

I did not say you are stupid for asking.
I said it was a stupid question.
That is a difference, but somebody who still insists that his own style of questioning was not inflammatory or anything bad can't be expected to know of that difference ...

Oh and btw. since you seem to have a delusion about it:
Later in the game it is planned that the female protagonist can have sex with a male person.
Much later.
Not in the current version at all.

Shortened for you:

Right now Yes.
Later No.

Yes, the question wasn't ideal, because it can be interpreted very differently:
  1. Lesbian meaning exclusively homosexual, or lesbian meaning sleeping with women? Both are in use. There's a just there, but it modifies forced and doesn't really add anything.
  2. "Any action" part is unrelated. So it's either yes, because the sex with a female character is non-optional and it's just an irrelevant condition, or no, because the condition again is irrelevant.
One might have a certain opinion which of those ways is the correct one - but which latter one depends on who former one is :ROFLMAO:
And here's the thing: That's fine. I've not yet known someone for more than a short bit (and I'm even worse myself) who hasn't repeatedly communicated sub-optimally (To wit: The question you invoked mockingly can essentially be read as "Is all sex (for MCs with a vagina) optional?" - which is a legitimate question! People do no-sex playthroughs, or at least want the option to have them).
You either ask for clarification, or usually just make assumptions as to what the intended question was and answer (maybe even in a way that clarifies the situation in such a way that even if you assumed the wrong question, the person asking still learns what they wanted).
And if you've got good reason to suspect that it's just a bigot wanting to go "x is icky, out with it!" - give 'em rope, they can't help themselves. Feint, then pounce.
Has the added advantage of giving you additional data and re-assess and re-confirm if your first guess was correct, or if you maybe misread something. Like in this case, they were asking whether it's female LI only (I guessed it was that 70/30 at the time), and you read it as "is female LI avoidable" - which was a valid reading of it.

Please, take a step back and think whether this is really the best way to go about it? :)

(And yeah, the "this game was made for a straight male MC, and we just substituted some lines for a lesbian MC" often found is... a bit underwhelming - I think this game avoids that, though. Amusingly I've also seen the rare "this game was made for a gay MC, but here's an option for a straight female MC" and one where the lesbian MC seems to have been the main, both of which have a completely different vibe because of it)

Brannon

Nov 2, 2017
Yes, the question wasn't ideal, because it can be interpreted very differently:
  1. Lesbian meaning exclusively homosexual, or lesbian meaning sleeping with women? Both are in use. There's a just there, but it modifies forced and doesn't really add anything.
  2. "Any action" part is unrelated. So it's either yes, because the sex with a female character is non-optional and it's just an irrelevant condition, or no, because the condition again is irrelevant.
One might have a certain opinion which of those ways is the correct one - but which latter one depends on who former one is :ROFLMAO:
And here's the thing: That's fine. I've not yet known someone for more than a short bit (and I'm even worse myself) who hasn't repeatedly communicated sub-optimally (To wit: The question you invoked mockingly can essentially be read as "Is all sex (for MCs with a vagina) optional?" - which is a legitimate question! People do no-sex playthroughs, or at least want the option to have them).
You either ask for clarification, or usually just make assumptions as to what the intended question was and answer (maybe even in a way that clarifies the situation in such a way that even if you assumed the wrong question, the person asking still learns what they wanted).
And if you've got good reason to suspect that it's just a bigot wanting to go "x is icky, out with it!" - give 'em rope, they can't help themselves. Feint, then pounce.
Has the added advantage of giving you additional data and re-assess and re-confirm if your first guess was correct, or if you maybe misread something. Like in this case, they were asking whether it's female LI only (I guessed it was that 70/30 at the time), and you read it as "is female LI avoidable" - which was a valid reading of it.

Please, take a step back and think whether this is really the best way to go about it? :)

(And yeah, the "this game was made for a straight male MC, and we just substituted some lines for a lesbian MC" often found is... a bit underwhelming - I think this game avoids that, though. Amusingly I've also seen the rare "this game was made for a gay MC, but here's an option for a straight female MC" and one where the lesbian MC seems to have been the main, both of which have a completely different vibe because of it)
In the context of the question "just" can be completely subtracted from the sentence without the meaning of the sentence being impacted at all.
Technically it is a modifier for "we" and not a modifier for "forced" in the first place.

Plus please learn the difference between "any" and "every".

Any is relating to "one or a few out of an amount of X" while every is "absolutely every last one out of an amount of X".
Very basic example:
You have a cake and 50 guests.
If you ask "Does anyone want to try it?" you offer a piece of the cake to a few guests.
If you however ask "Does everyone want to try it?" you offer a piece of the cake to every last one of your guests.

In this case specifically he asked if the player is FORCED to be a lesbian for ANY action.
So even ONE situation would be enough.
So by the number the possible answers would be YES, YES and YES.

See now why I said it was a stupid question to begin with?

Kagarus

Sep 28, 2017
In the context of the question "just" can be completely subtracted from the sentence without the meaning of the sentence being impacted at all.
Technically it is a modifier for "we" and not a modifier for "forced" in the first place.

Plus please learn the difference between "any" and "every".

Any is relating to "one or a few out of an amount of X" while every is "absolutely every last one out of an amount of X".
Very basic example:
You have a cake and 50 guests.
If you ask "Does anyone want to try it?" you offer a piece of the cake to a few guests.
If you however ask "Does everyone want to try it?" you offer a piece of the cake to every last one of your guests.

In this case specifically he asked if the player is FORCED to be a lesbian for ANY action.
So even ONE situation would be enough.
So by the number the possible answers would be YES, YES and YES.

See now why I said it was a stupid question to begin with?
Ah, I see the issue.
Yes, that would be the meaning of "for any action" in a formal context.
That's not how it's used here, though (at least how I read it, and judging from clarifications from the poster, it's not how they meant it) - it's "to see any action", or any number of other vernaculars for "to have sex" or "to see sex scenes" or whatever.

Last edited:

Balbaar

Oct 14, 2017

No need to apologize mate, it has gotten a bit out of hand but you're not to blame for any of it. That said, I appreciate you taking the time to lay it all out like that and clear things up a bit, so thanks for that. (y)

NewTricks

Forum Fanatic
Nov 1, 2017
Well, the recent foot stamping and indignation is a blight on conversation but at least it is more stimulating than the usual "update when?"

4.20 star(s) 24 Votes