Count_Chocula

Jul 20, 2017
Remember when TWD was in early development and it had around 10-15 blank outfit slots? Eventually that got reduced to five or six. But while TWD had its scope changed to be less ambitious, it was still a very quality product. And I’m sure Raven’s Quest and the other game PiXel is coming out with will be great quality too! (They just might take a while to be finished)

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
The biggest issue I have with the game so far is the complete RNG in being able to find/unlock places to visit. Especially when it makes things said/thought-about make completely no sense.

Like for instance, I visited the public baths and met an NPC for the 1st time, but was all like "Wow, didn't expect to see X from the Town Hall here!"... when I have yet to even discover the Town Hall, and thus have never seen that NPC before.

It makes actually trying to get to a specific place extremely difficult and painstaking. Like I know there are at least 2 exit's from the city, as well as the Town Hall, but I've spent days "Search the city" and never found either location - done this 3-5 times a day for 6 days straight, and all I get is nothing, street pervert, or an alleyway.

Now I know there's supposedly content locked behind visiting some Pagan Temple thats in the mountains... but I believe to get to the mountains I need to use the other exit from the city to get there. But without being able to unlock the exit... I'm stuck never being able to progress anything on that.

May 7, 2017
Hmm...the first game they've finished was in Legue of Legends setting, and here they are going to do a new world with a unique characters and story, oh and i've seen an orc on the screenshot. Reminds me of how Hreinn games manage the things, but obviously with worser quality.

The_fallen_dragon

Jun 15, 2017
So in your book as long as you have a single unfinished product then it doesn't matter what you've done, you're written off as someone who can't finish products? Solid logic there man. That means every dev is a failure.

I look forward to what they'll produce with this one. TWD was a roaring success in my book.
Where did he right them off as, "someone who can't finish a product"? What I'm reading is basically saying whats the point of starting a new project when you already have an unfinished one, you're twisting their words...

With that said, i really should get back to my comic lol

V01

Jul 19, 2017
This game has really good content so far. Great art, decent writing, and it's one of the only game to have knotting. But this is same team that created TWD, which was a mess. They're also working on another project at the same time, which never ends well.

I'm looking forward to future releases, but hopefully they don't force the MC to become a cumdump for everything like in TWD. If this was their first and only project I'd probably support them

Crimson_Heart

Jul 25, 2018
This game looks super promising IMO, wasn't around for when TWD was being developed, but I played the complete version and it was pretty awesome. Hopefully the devs learn from that and this one turns out even better !

Reactions: Count_Chocula

AWolfe

Engaged Member
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 21, 2018
How do I access inventory and put on other clothes that I own? I'm assuming that the chest icon is to access inventory and it's disabled.

RNDM

Engaged Member
Mar 10, 2018
It makes actually trying to get to a specific place extremely difficult and painstaking. Like I know there are at least 2 exit's from the city, as well as the Town Hall, but I've spent days "Search the city" and never found either location - done this 3-5 times a day for 6 days straight, and all I get is nothing, street pervert, or an alleyway.

Now I know there's supposedly content locked behind visiting some Pagan Temple thats in the mountains... but I believe to get to the mountains I need to use the other exit from the city to get there. But without being able to unlock the exit... I'm stuck never being able to progress anything on that.
This sounds like a spectacularly retarded and pointless "flag of disbelief". Like, how is it even conceivably possible for someone to not know such obvious and basic urban landmarks or, even somehow failing that, fail to just ask any random local for directions?
And what nincompoop thought this was a good design choice?

Reactions: Shadowen and AWolfe

YakuzaZzz

Donor
Sep 28, 2017
Well you say 2 month ish and such but it took you 4 months to update the game i don't think 4 months is a good timing not only that but you guys are a team some people are working alone with far more ambitious projects and do their updates each month almost at the same date promised obviously not all the time things happen like we wanted i can give you that ... but yet again your first game the end was super rushed cause you thought the game was taking too long now you want to make 2 games cut the bullshit and think realistically if you manage to lose interest in 1 project to a point were you cut lots of things out of it because it was taking too long what makes you think you're ready for 2 games ? Clearly the first game the artist was barely keeping up with the pace on 1 game what makes you think she can handle 2 ? What about the people that just want to support you for Raven quest and don't care about the other projects and don't tell me im wrong you just divided your people now some support you for the Ero game some support you for the Raven now if one is slower into getting update than the other you'll lose people that is mostly whats gonna happen ... i don't think you guys really thought about it and just wing it thinking you'll be unstoppable or something idk you tell me ... not only that but now that you're working on 2 games lets say you manage to make it 2 month both games update released bug free ... lets be honest you'll have to cut the update into really small one to let the artist keep up ..... i think this will just hurt you on the long run ...

in response to this comments on their Patreon
Pixel Game: The art part is the one that takes a lot of time, so it won't be a problem as soon as Raven's Quest will get only events/outfits/small customizations. Regarding the slow updates part, we don't think we take that long time. We usually update every month and a half or two months, that's a good timing if you ask me. We think we can totally do two games of this kind at once and take care of them completely. We will see as soon as we start. : )

Sissycrave

Feb 12, 2018
Version 0.0.2 Guide
I've played through the game and I think I've found everything.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Thanks to @myuhinny for pointing out the need to add mountain_quest_permit=1!

Shadowen

Oct 19, 2018
You need to work at the pub washing dishes before being able to progress on unlocking the mountain.
Thank you! I'd already worked at the pub doing dishes once, but had done it as a waitress from then one. Did it one more time, and viola! got the event which then unlocked the northern exit, which then let me get the City Hall unlocked and proceed to get to the Mountain area.

This sounds like a spectacularly retarded and pointless "flag of disbelief". Like, how is it even conceivably possible for someone to not know such obvious and basic urban landmarks or, even somehow failing that, fail to just ask any random local for directions?
And what nincompoop thought this was a good design choice?
Personally agree, especially considering the way to unlock the north exit is to work at the pub doing dish's twice, and without doing that you'll never unlock the north exit or City Hall. Although to give some leeway, the game is still very much early in development - so I'd assume that when they complete more of it... there will be actual quest's and prompt's to get a player to do certain things that will be needed to unlock further area's.

However, as pointed out... seeing as the dev's are trying to do multiple project's at the same time, it'll take awhile to get to that point. Still, I am enjoying what content there is.

3.90 star(s) 40 Votes