Tool Random Video Player (v1.32) - Don't know what to watch? It's there for you.

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
This app doesn't seem to work. I click on it and nothing happens.
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that! What system are you on?

On windows 11, windows defender flags the RandomVideoPlayer.dll for some reason, which I couldn't resolve so far (MS themselves weren't any help :x). So it's possible defender simply deletes the .dll which also holds most of the code, so the executable simply wouldn't start if it's missing. The only workaround for this so far is creating an exception for it.

Here is the part of the readme:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe you can try that.

If the .Net Framework is missing (It's using 7.0) it should simply pop a windows error that directly links to microsofts webpage with a .net installer.

Smokydoke

Nov 13, 2020
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that! What system are you on?

On windows 11, windows defender flags the RandomVideoPlayer.dll for some reason, which I couldn't resolve so far (MS themselves weren't any help :x). So it's possible defender simply deletes the .dll which also holds most of the code, so the executable simply wouldn't start if it's missing. The only workaround for this so far is creating an exception for it.

Here is the part of the readme:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Maybe you can try that.

If the .Net Framework is missing (It's using 7.0) it should simply pop a windows error that directly links to microsofts webpage with a .net installer.
I'm on Windows 10. The zip gets past windows defender normally, and I've installed .Net Framework

• Red Heart
Reactions: Peanutccino

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
I'm on Windows 10. The zip gets past windows defender normally, and I've installed .Net Framework
Thanks for taking your time to provide additional details. May I ask for clarification? You're extracting the .zip file from GitHub (the on with libmpv) so you should have one folder called "RVP" and you are opening RandomVideoPlayer.exe from within that folder?

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
Peanutccino .. not sure if im doing somehing wrong, but tapping on my airpods doesnt play pause the video, fore/background both asking cause thought you had included that in the latest update
Sorry to hear that. I don't have airpods myself, so the only way to test is with the media keys on my keyboard plus I plugged in my Earstudio ES100 and both work fine. If it doesn't work, the bluetooth device might not interact in the standard way with the os, maybe on driver level? I'm not exactly sure. I try to get more information about this topic and to find a fix for this. I apologize :(

Sep 6, 2021
Sorry to hear that. I don't have airpods myself, so the only way to test is with the media keys on my keyboard plus I plugged in my Earstudio ES100 and both work fine. If it doesn't work, the bluetooth device might not interact in the standard way with the os, maybe on driver level? I'm not exactly sure. I try to get more information about this topic and to find a fix for this. I apologize :(
hey no issues man.. i usually swap out the media keys to function keys on the keypad.. and not sure bout the interaction since it works properly on browsers (youtube - fore+background).. using windows 11 btw. you gotta tap it once to play/pause, twice to skip to next, not sure what else i could tell

• Red Heart

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
hey no issues man.. i usually swap out the media keys to function keys on the keypad.. and not sure bout the interaction since it works properly on browsers (youtube - fore+background).. using windows 11 btw. you gotta tap it once to play/pause, twice to skip to next, not sure what else i could tell
Thanks for the additional details. May I ask whether there is other media in the background next to the player? I've noticed, that the media events won't trigger in the player when say there is a youtube video running in the browser or say spotify is running etc. because they hook the audio interface from windows and that hooks the media keys before they can reach the player.

On my end, this only happens with my Earstudio in bluetooth mode. Direct input like from the keyboard or the earstudio wired up works regardless of background applications. I guess that's part of the bluetooth device behavior.

I'm just curious, whether it works without anything else playing, or whether it doesn't regardless :HideThePain:

• Red Heart
Reactions: humantrashpile
Sep 6, 2021
Thanks for the additional details. May I ask whether there is other media in the background next to the player? I've noticed, that the media events won't trigger in the player when say there is a youtube video running in the browser or say spotify is running etc. because they hook the audio interface from windows and that hooks the media keys before they can reach the player.

On my end, this only happens with my Earstudio in bluetooth mode. Direct input like from the keyboard or the earstudio wired up works regardless of background applications. I guess that's part of the bluetooth device behavior.

I'm just curious, whether it works without anything else playing, or whether it doesn't regardless :HideThePain:
holy fuck, it works! thanks, guess there was youtube in the background last time around... awesome project you got there mat1!!!e

• Yay, new update!

Smokydoke

Nov 13, 2020
Thanks for taking your time to provide additional details. May I ask for clarification? You're extracting the .zip file from GitHub (the one with libmpv) so you should have one folder called "RVP" and you are opening RandomVideoPlayer.exe from within that folder?
Yes. Correct.

Peanutccino

Vampire Enthusiast
Donor
Apr 13, 2019
New Update v1.32 released! It includes mostly optimization and bug fixes; See changelog:

New Features:
  • Drag volume slider with mouse | Previous: Only on click and scrolling was available
  • Added option to include associated .funscripts when deleting/moving a file
Optimization:
  • Reduced memory usage when loading .funscript data
  • Optimized code to avoid unnecessary execution when it isn't needed
  • Removed unnecessary properties
Bug Fixes:
  • Fixed a possible Exception where a bitmap was no longer valid when drawing was executed by adding a buffer
  • Fixed a possible Exception that occurs when rapidly triggering player navigation
  • Fixed cross thread exceptions from player events
  • Fixed a null reference error when clicking on the white space of listbox elements in folder/listbrowser
Other:
  • Changed file structure, making use of a static structures instead of inheritance
  • Drastically trimmed some functions, making them easier to follow and more efficient
  • Cleaned up namespaces

Get the latest release here:

Reactions: humantrashpile