VN Java Ramen no Oujisama [v1.2.5 Free] [Paper Waifu]

4.60 star(s) 9 Votes

johndoe1545

Resident Head-Patters
Donor
May 5, 2017
@death44k need you again my hero on RnO v0.6.5 26-5-2018

also SiS v0.2.5 23-5-2018 (they have separate thread now for this: )

death44k

Jun 23, 2017
WHATS NEW!

- NEW! 6th character route is open up to Chapter 4 (2 in the demo version)

- NEW! Added gender and pronoun options. This is a secret feature! So you'll have to unlock it to access it! This is a test feature and dialogue in these parts haven't been thoroughly edited yet. We're going to have to check these again for the next update. Some pronouns may come of weird or they haven't been included yet, like the word (gentleman.) This feature does not alter the graphics of the scene in any way, just the dialogue.

- FIX! Related to the above, we fixed the bug that reset the player name and gender when playing a Gallery and Omake scenario. Now it carries over what name and gender you set in when you start a new game.

PROTIP: To set your name and gender for these scene playthroughs, just start a new game. Enter your name, and set your gender/pronoun choices as they are presented to you, then you quit back to the titlescreen (or play through until the credits roll.)

- NEW! A ton of feature improvements under the hood, like how SEs are organized, nested scene reader, the scenes and script, etc...

- FIX! Dialogue text fixes across all the routes and areas of the game. We've added new dialogue interactions between NPCs, and related to this, we've also fixed up the 6th character routes' ending (as one of you fine folks pointed out, the impact wasn't as nice as expected, sooo...)

- FIX! Sango's Event CGs. She doesn't look weird and dated anymore! Yay!

Windows 64-bit

Windows 32-bit

Linux

Mac OS 10.6 - 10.8

Mac OS 10.9+

Android (ARM)

Android (Intel)

death44k

Jun 23, 2017
Current Version v0.6.5 (05/26/2018)

smoothgroovesmpv

Smooth sound test mode.

sexytimeq2e

Unlocks Gallery of sexy times in the main game.

miebestgirljimbmr

Turns on Mie's extended sex scenes in her main story line. (This is a test feature! ;) )

omakefantasyjjq

Unlocks all Omake Scenarios!

twinsexpistolsror

Unlocks a secret mode in scenes that have it. Guess what this is ;)

quickstartses

Turns on quick start feature. Unlocks all character routes.

genderbenderxyz

Turns on gender and pronoun selection featur

Jan 1, 2018
walk through with Shouko’s Route
Note: If you make the right choices in the first two days, you can always unlock Sango's, Tomone's, Shouko's, Rika's and now Hanako's routes, but you'll have to choose between Mie's and Kikue's at the end of Day 1. Of course, you'll still have to choose just one girl (no harems) when you get to the ramen menu event, but at present, you can have up to 6 of the 7 options at that point.

Does it affect anything if you are honest or not honest with Ren about her cooking on the first night? The walkthrough doesn't say. Has Paper Waifu ever said whether there would ever be a Ren route?

P.S. Lovin' the Hanako route!

Nope

Aug 5, 2016
Is there no way to change resolution or have this run windowed? Seems unplayable on my machine. Starts in my secondary monitor which is kept in portrait mode.

GAB

Salty Montrealer
Donor
May 10, 2017
Is there no way to change resolution or have this run windowed? Seems unplayable on my machine. Starts in my secondary monitor which is kept in portrait mode.
heard ctrl + alt, not sure 4 which engine

Superk

May 21, 2017
Why is there no options menu? At all? This really bugs me, because I can't find out how to get it to be windowed. You'd think that'll be a given...

DuDraig

Oct 6, 2017
Barely into the story but, so far, I like the balance of narrative and event occurrence. I'm looking forward to playing this.

However, the UI needs serious work. Confirmation dialogs look like menus and are hard to read. There are no tool tips for the different buttons. Button click zones move and disappear. None of the scrollable lists scroll using the mouse wheel. There are no scrollbars with a draggable thumb. The dialogs only advance with a left mouse click or the spacebar; the most common and comfortable way to advance long narration dialogs is using your thumb on the return key of the 10 key pad on the right side of the keyboard. The spacebar is too loud and clumsy for long narrations. There is no way to eliminate the most annoying of game dialog functions; auto-typing the text instead of displaying it all at once forcing you to click twice to get through each dialog. - Oh, and you can not save at the most natural place you would want to save: the Hideka town destination menu.

The worst part is; the sound/audio/music management system is a complete disaster. The only sound volume control I can find is the music volume on the menu, which is an invisible slider that moves so fast it is impossible to set it to the value you want. Any value above 0 is already almost full volume. It only seems to control the music and not all the other sound effects and voices that are permanently at full blaring volume. The music volume keeps getting randomly reset back to 100% as you go through menus and dialogs. Worst of all, the game always starts with full volume and only (but hardly ever) remembers what volume you set after loading a save. I am not a fan of waking up the entire house because this game randomly blares out full volume sound effects, voices, or music. Sound management is a well established game function and absolutely necessary to game play. You at least need values for: a master volume, background music, sound effects, and voices; and these set values should be in full effect when the game is started and not wait until a save is loaded.

Please keep in mind, my review of what little I've played of this game so far is positive and I'm looking forward to what lies ahead. I point out the above items because they are seriously destroying the playability of this game and it's a shame because, so far, it seems interesting.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
Jan 1, 2018
While I do agree it's annoying, as far as I remember, this game has been in development for quite a long time, and (if that is the case), I agree with the developer's decision to finish the game with the current version of the engine rather than move it to an upgraded base with better options. Having said that, he/she/they said there will be 10 girls total, but we've only got 7 so far. I don't mean to say they should rush the story, I love the pacing! But by the time the game is finished, these technical issues might discourage first-time players.

Demento56

Oct 8, 2017
This is really a phenomenal game in terms of storytelling, although sadly the sex scenes aren't the best. I didn't notice any technical issues while I was playing through it, and I'm definitely going to be playing through again.

Reactions: Ti'elby Mercedes
4.60 star(s) 9 Votes