Abhai

Devoted Member
Sep 12, 2018
Precisely, it's actually the other way around here. Unlike Az, UndergroundStudio delivers the bonus content AFTER the actual updates, instead of spending two year delivering nothing but bonus content. Like mentionned previously, ClassyLemon does the same thing.
regardless, we shall see how it goes anyway.
would hate to see another failed project, already too many good games have fallen into an oblivion...

• Haha
Reactions: SerHawkes

SerHawkes

Engaged Member
Oct 29, 2017
Precisely, it's actually the other way around here. Unlike Az, UndergroundStudio delivers the bonus content AFTER the actual updates, instead of spending two year delivering nothing but bonus content. Like mentionned previously, ClassyLemon does the same thing.
I miss BHQ... won't lie.

But nailed it on the head. Some devs don't bother doing bonus content, some do. Those that do either do it in the way US or CL do it in after a Chapter or Update is done or do it the entirely long winded process.

Dishonor.PNG

Honestly... this bitching and moaning about what or where time should be spent and such in terms of development, when we are somewhat on the eve of chapter 3? Really guys and gals? Are we really going to start a bitchfest? Truly??? Like there is nothing better to talk about?

Last edited:
Reactions: Darkdevil66

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I will say this I never liked the idea of extra scenes being locked behind a higher tier than what you would need for a basic tier to get access to the game as it almost feels like DLC when it comes to AVN's. Yet if it's only 1-2 weeks not a big deal at all then as it is a nice gesture to those that support the dev beyond the basic tiers. Still would like it more if it was time exclusive but this is my gamer side talking after playing to many EA and Ubisoft games lol.

UndergroundStudio I have a question about the extra scene will people that buy the game on steam when it comes out on steam get access to it or is it gonna be sold like a dlc type of deal?

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
I personally don't care if there is or isn't bonus content, my first comment wasn't "defending" it, it was just explaining why bonus scenes would have such a large amount of animations in comparison to the main game, my second comment was someone being so against the bonus content considering a different dev doing the same thing as one of the best devs around seems strange.

Every dev has to offer something for higher tiers, even if subscribers don't care about the extras they get for that tier, bonus content like this is better than the odd render put randomly into tiers even if the renders put into a $75 tier are no better than renders put into a $10 tier.

The main point being made that I totally disagree with though is the idea that UndergroundStudio are somehow changing their story to suit subscriber requests. The subscriber requests are simply for renders or for the bonus content, not the story itself, which is the trap other devs have fallen into and killed their game because of it.

Reactions: SerHawkes

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
I think I'm going to live dangerously and do a Jasmine focused playthrough eventually.
It's just so hard to focus on someone who isn't Alison.
I can't believe what im hearing Joshy a playthrough that isn't Alison now that is blasphemy of the highest degree when it comes to us simps. Now if it's a playthrough cause you are horny now that wouldn't be blasphemy. I think im gonna have to do an extra Alison playthrough now because of this to make up for your lack of Alison simping.

• Yay, new update!
Reactions: Joshy92

risky0

Oct 7, 2022
Sorry guys, I've been abducted by aliens, but the good news is that I have my laptop with me, so the next update release date will be later than usual.

anonnyscouse

Jul 25, 2020
Sorry guys, I've been abducted by aliens, but the good news is that I have my laptop with me, so the next update release date will be later than usual.
A bit late with that "joke", the release dates have been posted earlier today.

Krytax123

Dec 29, 2022
hmmm didn't think about it like that. Was more thinking on the lines on extra scene isn't alot of dev time compared to a second game. Which is why I was saying I prefer this method but true if a dev can pull 2 games off at a good speed then yeah I agree with this. Cause at least a second game you get content and the extra scenes adds nothing.
To clarify: I still think developing two games at the same time isnt the smartest decision but in the case you mentioned both avns are connected so much that i more or less can consider them as one avn over a huge amount of time.

Thanks for the clarification at the dev, i still think thats quite a lot of time for just the animations for a single extra scene compared to the overall development time of avns but who am i to judge that.

I dont really understand in general why this discussion here got so heated as it seemed like there were only people participating who really enjoy race of life but some of them dislike something about it.

Discussions like these should be allowed and can be valuable information, despite the fact that a single opinion from a single user on a pirate board means nothing. I subbed for RoL in release months in the past but i dont think that it makes my opinion any more or less valid compared to anyone else here.

Statements like "better extra scenes than annoying minigames" dont really help either, imagine we could even have avn's without any unnessecary stuff like that while the devs may dont even earn less money.

Thats not really too far fetched, i simply dont believe that these extra scenes have such a huge impact on the revenue of the avn. And i doubt the devs are this sure about it either. If they just really enjoy to do them, than fine i guess and its of course their decision anyway, i just stated a opinion.

And there simply isnt any good avn so far with "extra scenes" or even worse "mini storys", they all got abandoned sooner or later. Race of Life is kinda the only one which can become a top3 avn despite(!) the extra scenes (imo) and where i think like the devs will not abandon it anyway.

And about the comparision with PP, arent the extra scenes canon in this game? There are always little bits of dialogue or thoughts which at least add some information.

Okay im done, sorry about "bitching"

NebulousShooter

Engaged Member
Donor
Oct 24, 2018
And about the comparision with PP, arent the extra scenes canon in this game? There are always little bits of dialogue or thoughts which at least add some information.
Yes and now the goal post will be moved since that argument doesn't work anymore. Or, maybe not since you probably paid less than them so your opinion doesn't matter as much.

Smut spending dick measuring contest, everyone. Even typing it out makes me cringe.

Last edited:

UndergroundStudio

Game Developer
Apr 7, 2021
LMAO. Yeah, that's not a lot of time, you're right.

Yep. Agreed. And all the best to them. It's frustrating, but I wouldn't get out of my way to make them stop it. 'Cause I also enjoy 'em.

Thanks for the clarification! Curious, how much time would you think planning, writing, coding, posing and rendering static renders for the bonus scenes entails?
Various parts of the scene were voted on by patrons during the usual dev time of the episode, so that kinda took the time needed to plan it. Writing was on Joshua's side but I think it took him couple of days at most. He is far ahead in the main script anyway. Coding was like 2-3 days done in the meantime while rendering of the animations happened. Taking it all into the account, such extra scene takes about 2 weeks to do from scratch.

I will say this I never liked the idea of extra scenes being locked behind a higher tier than what you would need for a basic tier to get access to the game as it almost feels like DLC when it comes to AVN's. Yet if it's only 1-2 weeks not a big deal at all then as it is a nice gesture to those that support the dev beyond the basic tiers. Still would like it more if it was time exclusive but this is my gamer side talking after playing to many EA and Ubisoft games lol.

UndergroundStudio I have a question about the extra scene will people that buy the game on steam when it comes out on steam get access to it or is it gonna be sold like a dlc type of deal?
We don't plan making extra scenes as DLC's. That's not set in stone yet but most likely you'll get everything for the Steam base price of the game.

Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
I think I'm going to live dangerously and do a Jasmine focused playthrough eventually.
It's just so hard to focus on someone who isn't Alison.
Being Sweet is not that Easy :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: , and IK it Brother. Allison (The Soulmate) of you and Jasmine/Maggie Focused Playthrough had Sadly Mild Scenes which I think Eventually with Time will Appear beautifully. :sneaky::love::love:

Looking for Three Girls until now. Rest Will See with the Storyline :devilish:

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Are underground studios working on two games? if so, what is the other game?
not as far as I know. I know they had another game before some kind of fall out with someone then they made this game. Yet to play the other game forget the name of it but wish it was never dropped as I did love the premise of it alot more from what I can recall yet if it wasn't for that game being dropped we would never get Allision. I much rather have Allision any day of the week as she feels more unique than most LI out there.

Joshy92

Conversation Conqueror
Mar 25, 2021
not as far as I know. I know they had another game before some kind of fall out with someone then they made this game. Yet to play the other game forget the name of it but wish it was never dropped as I did love the premise of it alot more from what I can recall yet if it wasn't for that game being dropped we would never get Allision. I much rather have Allision any day of the week as she feels more unique than most LI out there.
Yeah, I knew there was an old game, but I thought I saw someone mention them working on two games, but I must have misread.

Reactions: Krysis_here

Dessolos

Forum Fanatic
Jul 25, 2017
Yeah, I knew there was an old game, but I thought I saw someone mention them working on two games, but I must have misread.
ah nah was comparing dev time working on the extra scene to combat against burnout compared to someone like Ocean who is making 2 games. but that was before the dev said it only takes like 2 weeks so that comparison is pointless now.

Reactions: Joshy92

Krysis_here

Apr 19, 2023
Are underground studios working on two games? if so, what is the other game?
Somebody Wanted a Allison 2.0 it seems. Right? :unsure: :KEK: :KEK:
So What you do if there is Some Allison like girl
Hug her Tightly Kiss her Sweet talks and then Waiting for her to get filled :love::devilish::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Last edited:
4.80 star(s) 153 Votes