• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

VN - Ren'Py - Race of Life [Ep. 3.1 Extra Fix v3] [Underground Studio]

1. 5.00 star(s)

ravenquartz

[SPOILER ALERT]

You know, I love Breaking Bad series along with others that share the same universe. Race of Life hits pretty close to home with one of my favourite shows. If Vince Gilligan was a talented and perverted man, this would be his creation.

This game is somewhat differs with Breaking Bad, I would called it “semi-reversed BB”. In this game, you start as a guy named Jake Miller who cheated against his wife which costed your dream job and your little family. Later, your decided to work as a lecturer in a college whose rector (or president/chancellor in the US) hardly appreciate your works despite your brilliant mind. His life was okay-ish after that shit show, but it turns out It hasn’t ended, yet. Your little daughter was hit by an oncoming vehicle while playing skateboard and now she’s in coma. She could wake up sooner or maybe months or even years. Desperate, you and your ex-wife decided to moved her to a better facility, but it will cost you millions of dollars. How do we get millions of dollars fast without robbing a bank?

Almost the same as Breaking Bad, right? Well except in the show, Walter White was given a chance to lower his ego, take a sweet deal with his former company, and live comfortably with your family with a fat check to cure your cancer. But no, he chose the unorthodox way by becoming a drug kingpin. Pretty much the same with Jake, but it all happened because of his wrongdoing in the past and he doesn’t even get an easy chance. Like it or not, he needs to live a very dangerous path by becoming a sensation in an underground illegal street race to get easy money for his daughter’s treatment. He also needs to proof himself for the investors that he’s capable to invent his newly found ergonomic and efficient battery. So yeah, just like what I said, this game is “semi-reversed BB”.

Enough about that, let’s talk about the gameplay, graphics, and its characters. Overall, the gameplay is great, the dialogue tree has multiple non-boring branches that fit perfectly with each characters. The racing scenes and its gameplay *chef kiss*, absolutely the best I’ve ever seen so far apart of Desert Stalker’s fight scenes. Mind you, this game also has a LOT of technical terms, probably more than Chasing Sunsets. So if you have an IQ lower than 70, this game is not for you. But seriously, Race of Life also includes a built-in encyclopedia about any technical terms you can find so if you have difficulty understanding them, you can just check it out. About its graphics, I can say that it is on par with many recent AVNs so you’ll like it.

Now, the characters. Let’s start with Jake Miller, he’s a handsome dude, smart fella, a little bit retarded in the past, and have strong balls in him (most people would’ve killed themselves in his situation). He looks fresh compared to many AVN’s MCs so it’s a plus for me. Next, Allison Falla, Jake’s ex-wife. Did you guys remember when Skylar White got so much hate because she keeps obstructing Walter’s plan by becoming an annoying wife? Yeah, basically Allison has the same energy as Skylar. Truth to be told, both are in the right because their husbands broke their trust so they became what they are now. At least, Allison is hotter and you can rekindle your relationship with her. Next, Cooper… idk his full name. Dude is funny as hell, smart fella too, a little bit fat, and faithful to his wife unlike Jake. Best wingman in the AVN history so far other than Derek from Being a DIK and Chris from Leap of Faith. Next, Veronica Moreno, Jake’s current girlfriend-ish. An English professor, hot Latina with big boobs and big booty, she’s a sex addict but also can be pretty sweet and serious about relationship. Now it’s the time for everyone’s favourite redhead, Jasmine Dunkirk. She’s one of Jake’s student, can be quirky at times, full of tats, smart girl, and kinda wild. There are other essential characters that I could talk about but I’m afraid that I already wrote so much words in this review.

Five stars out of five. Heavily recommended by me. It has three chapters for now but they’re pretty long and repeatable.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

MomEnjoyer321

With just 3 episodes out, Race of life is one of the best AVGNs ive ever played.

Some of the best renders ive ever seen in a game. Alot of attention went into the bodies but also with the clothing and the makeup. Putting good work into the optional things other than just the body on the woman always makes every scene more interesting because of the consistant changes of what the characters wear and look like.

If there was one minor issue i have with the games overall presentation, its that the male characters dont look that interesting. The main character especially just feels like hes lacking something that makes him be really attractive to all of these women. Plus alot of the men in the game just look copy and pasted from the store with very little changes. Only exeption would be Coop who i think is hot AF and very unique.

The main strength of this game has to be the writing and the characters. I adore alot of characters here. The highlights for me have to be the best friend Coop who is a goofball but one that is also ride or die with you. Alison your ex wife that starts really bitchy but ends up being really well written and it made me want her back. Jasmine is a the hardass redhead who has a cuteside and who consistently blue balls you. Every other character is very solid due to the fantastic writing, which is able to effortlessly switch from very serious and emotionally devastating , to very absurd and funny.

The plot seems to be moving more into a crime based narrative. Which has me worried a little due to the fact that sometimes it does go off the rails a little bit to much. But so far the game is handling it really well. Also a minor negative point would be that some scenes go on for too long and do kill the pacing a little bit.

Really hyped for the next updates. Give this one a try if you enjoy a great experience.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

_MooSe

One of the best adult novels/games out there! You can clearly see and feel, that people making this game poured all of their souls and hearts into this project! Top tier renders, as well as animations, and they even managed to add a lot of content for all of the petrolheads :)
  4. 5.00 star(s)

BabacuLa

A rare gem!

EP2 had breathtaking renders and animations, quality content through and at every corner, soothing soundtrack.

EP3 renders takes it to another level beyond compare, beyond perfection; the collision, bounce, bulging, wetness. Also it brings the most perfect BJ scene I’ve ever seen.

It also had more bold additions such as plot thickening and sounds, just a little concern that it doesn’t weigh down too much on updates.

Cut scenes and character slow mo intros are engaging, could be good addition to each scene and chapter. Also would love a little more tease, tip toeing initially and every now and then towards the real action.

A note to self and others that it delivers right into the category. And the story line is quite jolly and engaging, so honestly no reason for complaints at all given the quality.

Mind-blowing piece, love it!
  5. 2.00 star(s)

MikesDK

Story 2/5
    Pretty good potential in this one, i wasent really a fan of the start though MC being divorced is great but game then forces a girl on you since hes already in a new sexual relationship with someone and i just hate forced shit, also annoying reading all the flirting shit with a girl you just want to dump at the first chance you get.

On a side note, forcing the player right from the start to be in a relationship in a NONE harem game is so extreemly stupid that it kills the hole story when it comes to relationships, cant play good guy since your forced to stay faithfull and if you arent then your forced to be a cheating asshole so its just really shitty.

MC is also the type where the players arent allowed to make up their own minds on girls, like with hes new fuck buddy MC thinks shes so hot with a great body and that shes great in bed, where i personaly just see an ugly ass bimbo i wouldent touch with a 10ft pole.

And everyone thinks of the bimbo as MCs girlfriend? your told MC made it clear she isent a GF so why is the bimbo acting like one and why is MC not saying a thing to correct people when they talk about her being hes girlfriend when shes not? it makes no sense what so ever, even MC seems to treat her like they are in a relationship even though your told at the start they arent..its stupid and to make it absolutly idiotic if you pick Jes for the ball it seriously say "break up" with Veronica but how the fuck can it be a break up when they where never a couple?....details dev ffs keep track of the story.

And what was even the point of making that weird relationship with her to start with....and breaking up with her she talks about their relationship that was never a thing which MC had explained?...nothing make sense and that hole Veronica story is a huge mess and very poorly written.

Game also thinks everyone has a big tit fetish since thats apprently the best thing in the world? but i dont have a big tit fetish what so ever, i truely dont like big tits i find it nothing but a turn-off so its a bit annoying when MC is the opposite of yourself since it breaks the Immersion.

And it dosent make it better when game shoves big tits into your face on the phone and MC goes "damn thats a nice rack i better save that" why the fuck would he do that...yeah lets save proff of him getting pictures of a students tits thats smart...atleast give the player a choice to delete the shit if the player has 0 interrest in big tit fetish.

It also feels aboslutly idiotic when MC thinks like this about girls you as the player cant turn down fast enough, it makes the hole thought process of MC feels stupid as fuck, like "MC oh damn shes hot and so damn good in bed" next "sorry i see no future with you so bye bye" tell thats not idiotic....

The story is also pretty weird at times, MC visit hes daughter with hes ex-wife where hes told it will cost 20k upfront to start treatment and hes wife has 8k so needs another 12k where MC says that wont be easy...?? thing is the day before he won more then 20k racing so how the fuck is 12k a problem? it lacks attention to details and he goes on talking about selling hes car...so it makes you wonder where the the 20k win go.

Another part where story breaks is just after you break up with Veronica and Maggie ask if its serious between Ver and MC he says he dosent know? and that he dident tell her how he feels??...i mean fuck me MC just broke up with her telling her they had no future and he dosent know? and dident tell her? again details dev details....it makes no sense at all.

Girls 2/5
    Some look cute but the diversity in builds makes the game for players with big tit fetish only, always found it idiotic not making something for every ones taste but even dialogs favors big tits constantly in this one.

Animaions 3/5
    They are pretty average nothing special.

Music 3/5
    Standard background tunes again not special.

Choices 3/5
    You can turn down LIs in this one, even the one forced on you can be turned down which still feels absolutly idiotic after reading MCs thoughts about how hot she is and how good in bed she is and all the flirting...it makes 0 sense having her forced on you and does nothing at all for story.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Ghostly

This is my review for Race of Life by Underground Studio version Ep. 3.1 Extra Fix v3.

The good
    • Renders are looking really good
    • Animations are the best
    • Music
    • Writing
    • Gameplay
    • Big amout of content 5+ hours
    • Story is interesting
    • Big updates
    • Great characters
    The bad
    • Slow updates
    In conclusion, 5 stars worth playing.
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Gari Fuze

well made game, not the best out there, but worth checking out.

smooth transitions and gameplay,
    no excess walls of texts,
    well made animations
    attractive models
    "racing" minigame gameplay is alright

- phone interface a bit clunky
    - some scenes are clearly on the short side/feel abruptly cut
  8. 5.00 star(s)

emirRR3V

Bro. Bro... Bro! BRO Jamming No°1 . The sound of cars, Ford supercharged, the music in races, even that minigame is so awesome in the heat of the moment.

I love the characters. The story, the wholesome content, the humor.
    The love interests are well-written and interesting .
    Animation,story is good no doubt. But sometimes it feels like dev is constantly tryin to longer any kinda conversation with 2 characters,
    Top game and best luck dev,
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Kaasje404

Review for Ep.3.1 Extra
    So, I just finished playing "Race of Life," and let me tell you, it's a ride worth taking. First off, the story hooked me from the get-go. I mean, racing to save your daughter's life? That's some heavy stuff. It adds this layer of honor to the main character that you don't often see in games. Plus, the fact that he's not perfect, like he cheated on his ex-wife, adds this realism to his character. But what's cool is he owns up to it, showing real growth and maturity. You can't help but root for the guy.

One thing I loved was how your choices actually mattered. Not every decision changes the whole game, but there are enough that really alter the storyline. It keeps you engaged and makes you feel like you're actually impacting the outcome.

Now, let's talk about the love interests. They're not your typical one-dimensional characters. Each of them has their own unique personality, and you really get to see inside their heads. Like, Maggie's worrying about Lily adds this whole other layer to her character that just feels real, you know?
    And the way the love interests get kinda competitive with each other is so amazing, especially if they're all into you. And I gotta admit, it's a bit of a turn-on.

Oh, and speaking of turn-ons, let's talk about the sex scenes. They're seriously well done. The animations are realistic, and it's not just some awkward flailing around. Plus, the love interests? Extremely attractive. Major props to the dev for that.

Overall, the graphics are top-notch, and the background music? Quite good as well. It's not in your face, but it totally sets the mood and adds to the immersion of the game and scenes.

In conclusion, "Race of Life" is a game that hits all the right notes. With a unique story, dynamic characters, meaningful choices, and some seriously steamy scenes, it's a game you won't want to miss. So buckle up and get ready for the ride of your life.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

Himeya Jun

High quality VN right here, the plot is interesting and the characters feel alive. One thing for sure this game doesn't have a harem route, it's kinda a bummer but it's actually more realistic that way. The race mini games are not bad, and the animations are smooth. i can't believe this amount of content in only 3 episodes, I hope this will continue for like 12 episodes or more.
  11. 4.00 star(s)

SteelyDan14

There is a whole lot to like with this VN. To begin with, the story is different from most of the stories in these kinds of VNs so if you are not into the story, then you may not like it.

The other thing I didn't like was the instant GF your MC gets saddled with from the beginning. She's a clingy, annoying LI and is a totally unnecessary character that does nothing to move the plot forward. I also could do without the mini games. Yeah, it's kinda cool, but when you can simply roll back and do it again until you get the results you want, then it seems a bit pointless. With these kinds of games, I like interactive point and clicks like hidden images or during the H scenes, but otherwise, while they look cool, there's no real point.

Otherwise, this is a great little VN. The dev is seriously talented. I don't know if it's one person or a team, but the production, renders, dialogue, humor and story is all on point. It also has some of the best animation out there. If nothing interests you about this VN, you have to download it to see how a VN should be. It really is a top notch production.

I am always excited when I see an update for this one. I am hopeful this is one of those that will stick around and we can see what happens.

Good luck!
  12. 4.00 star(s)

Axxis

Nice read and the visuals were great. No game gets a 5 star from me but this is close. If I had to name a negative or two it's the overuse of corny jokes. Many of them seemed to be out of place for what most would consider a time when joking would be totally inappropriate. They were fine for the first hour but hours later the jokes just started to get on my nerves more than made me laugh. I thought some of the story was wordy and had some unnecessary continued repeating of some of the points over and over. I didn't take anything off my score for either of these as they are personal preference and really took nothing away from the VN quality. This immediately jumped to the top of my list of must read novels and I hope other devs take a look at this and use it as a novel to try and reproduce the quality of writing and visuals-- something that is sorely lacking in the AVN genre, as it seems you find either good writing and poor visuals or poor writing and good visuals.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

iamcomming

this game is just super fun

positiv:
    -the story is great
    -Lily, omg she is a little angel
    -girls are hot and a grapich is great
    -not only the mc has good story, but the girls are too (and this a big +)
    -humor is more than good (and this a big+)
    -sometimes the choices have enough influence on the game and the girls
    -most of dialoge is okay
    -the phone is good (i like see my money and the chars bio)
    -chars are good with emontional
    -i dont found bugs, only one, when i was loaded back to see what happening with other choice the skip not worked, but they said the same except 1-2 words. no other bug founded
    -Bobby and Angel both make the game funnier

negativ:
    -some dialog is too long/boring, but it can be ignor
    -mc is sometime annoyingly clueless, but it can be ignor
    -the racing minigame not give any fun for me (but the story with a racing yes, just the minigame not)
    -sometimes the choices have NOT enough influence on the game (example, why cant say, who was saw in the van? and a few other thing)
    -not so eazy english (i mean, i am not english, so not so good, just learnt mostly from games and there are lots of game what i can understand perfectly, but not this one)

for me it is 5/5
    thanks for creating this good one :)
  14. 3.00 star(s)

yeetermcgee123

Edit: Changing to 3 stars for now. Just like the prior update, saves are not compatible with this update. Games that make you start over with every update are not a fun user experience.

4.5 stars, will give it for 5 now. Great models, the writing is good, and a unique plot. Overall this is one of the higher quality VNs out there and would recommend. This game is story centered and has relatively few sex scenes compared to the amount of content in it. There is a good amount of content relative to how long its been in development (~1.5 years) and for the quality of said content.

What keeps this from being a 5* for me is there are simply too many characters in this game. It looks like there are about 5 or maybe 6 LI main characters, and over half a dozen side characters. With the different branching paths, it is too much for any given character to be fully fleshed out (outside of probably the Veronica character so far), I would have preferred if the story was more narrow and less ambitious - i.e. maybe removing the Maggie character side plot
  15. 4.00 star(s)

Revolving Mania

Honestly almost excellent. Great and mature writing, above average renders and pretty good dialogue as well. However, the LIs and the MC leave a bit to be desired.

Veronica is the most straightforward one, but it feels as if she was put there for tension since they were already "dating." There are others who are fun, but MC turns into an idiot with them. MC is no doubt smart, but loses all brain cells whenever close to Natalya or Jazmine. His characterization is all over the place. He's also very passive in bed, which does not fit his character.

It's really off-putting and it left me wanting to go back and make different choices just so I don't have to put up with MC's stupidity or with some LIs. For example, Allison is understandably angry at MC, but it's hard to put up with her.

Still a great game, but I wish the relationship building part of it was better and it might've been perfect.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Ciaran8023

Honestly, thus far it's pretty goddamn solid game. Good writing, gut-wrenching twist to setup the plot, characters feel very diverse and have some good personalities to them. Overall I really like it and will keep an eye on it.
    Renders and animations are top notch aswell.

I don't really have anything negative to say other than some personal pet peeve really.
  17. 4.00 star(s)

monk_56

TL/DR: Enjoyable hybrid plot focus of being an academic/educator and a racer/grease-monkey. Great criminal undertones and melodrama- though....it is frankly a tad bit too heavy-handedly foreshadowed. Good build up on some of the relationships-while other need more time to cook. Some of the chicks are annoyingly libertine, and all of them are a bit too possessive; which can be fun, but can also be annoying if you are hoping for some poly routes.

+Good build up of relationships and character development.
    +Good variety in LI backgrounds
    +Well written
    +I enjoyed all the gear-head jargon
    + Some types of routes you don't see very often- like the one with the MCs ex-wife Allison.
    +Lots of different plot hooks to keep things interesting.
    +Pretty smooth animations.
    + Veronica's vs younger women jealousy was fun. I'd love to see her possessiveness and desire to "stake a claim" manifest in lewder things.
    + Veronica's route is very nicely fleshed out. The other routes still need time to cook- but they have some decent progress on them.
    + MC looks pretty nice, but I wish he were a bit larger.
    + Hilarious and un-creepy male bro.

-- Some of the gals are too slutty. Makes you feel like you should go get tested for an STD after getting with them :p They could of course just be "acting" slutty and not in fact be that slutty- but we haven't figured that out yet.
    - MC is too small to handle these smoke-show women. All that T and A would look a lot better being fucked by a larger man.
    - Lack of petite women
    - Unless the "German Neighbor" isn't a Russia spy who is trying to steal the MCs tech secrets, that route is annoyingly transparent. The developer left far too many bread-crumbs in there.
    -The MC's style of dirty talk makes me wanna puke. Stop calling these good girls "whores" and "sluts" :p
    - Poly / Harem does not currently seem to be an option.
    - The dev should include a $3500 bid at the dam race for those of us who spent a bit of money tipping ppl / paying for shit for others instead of there being no option b/t a $3000 bid and a $3800 bid. ($3800 only being obtainable if you literally buy nothing in the game). It was annoying to miss out on an opportunity simply b/c we treated some ppl to things- and there was no in game reason why you shouldn't be able to bet all of w/e you had.
  18. 4.00 star(s)

MixQQ

+ music
    + renders & great animations
    + mc & ex-wife. I like that "path of redemption" and hope at some point they will back together
    + story, poor Lilly
    + races - enjoyable minigame
    + mc is not a total loser, he is just "ok"
    + Veronica

- Jasmine is annoying
    - mc is clueless, girls teasing him a lot and he doesn't know whats going on.. he also should do the same
    - some conversations between characters are bit boring

Real branching starts in the middle of chapter 2, so 4 main saves for each girl is recommended, anyway it's solid avn, 4 stars from me
  19. 5.00 star(s)

oysterkeeper

Yeah; well easily on of my favorite games of all time. A cool MC, a male friend that's actually awesome, an interesting story, fantastic LI's, great writing, and extraordinary renders. Perfection so far. I'm definitely in awe of this amazing game and I implore everyone to try it.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Soursteezel

This game is very enjoyable. It is one of my favorite new titles out now. I would suggest if you are on the fence about this play it. I liked it so much during the demo I decided to join the Patreon. The developers are small time and I believe they both have full time jobs and work on this on the side. They deserve to be doing this full time and I cannot wait for the next upgrade. So you are are undecided or looking for something new to play with an interesting story and attractive girls then I suggest giving Race of Live a try.