• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Tool QSP QSP Player With Video Support Written In Qt

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Then the libraries for emulation don't work? because ANGLE Open GL and directX libraries must do the work
It does work in general but not on your machine according to your error messages. I am not a graphics expert but just by the snippet you posted i would either update my graphics drivers or check if you work with proper access since not having access to a directory is basically like not having the PATH set poperly

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
So I moved a window by mistake and now I can't get them back to their normal layout. Even uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it. I can open the windows it's just I can't get hem back to their normal layout. Why doesn't qsp have a reset windows menu entry?

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
So I moved a window by mistake and now I can't get them back to their normal layout. Even uninstalling and reinstalling doesn't fix it. I can open the windows it's just I can't get hem back to their normal layout. Why doesn't qsp have a reset windows menu entry?
Try to explain in better wording what your actual problem is. The segments/windows in the player can be moved around almost without restriction but they dont just vanish. The options setting in the player's menu lets you show/hide each and every single segment. If you cant see it make sure it actually is supposed to show by using that part of the player's menu.
You can click-drag each segment around and the blue colouring will show you where it will be placed. It might be that by dragging it out of place it now shows as a tab in the bottom?
P.S. The player creates a ini-file with the windows settings. Afaik it retains a copy of it in the users app directory thus reinstalling the game and restarting doesnt create the effect you thought it would as that copy probably still existed in your app directory. (The ini is created in the roaming section in subdirectory qqsp)

Last edited:
Reactions: DarkEnchanter

smith66

Aug 24, 2017
I just want to get the three standard windows back to their normal layout. If I just try to resize them by hand they end up snapping into place typically going the full length of the screen or even full screen. Trying to resize them by hand to go back to the standard layout just isn't working. Isn't their some sort of restore default setting?

biker621

Mar 29, 2019
I set my game to full screen and found that the menu at the top left doesn't work and am unable to get out of full screen mode. Any shortcuts to get back to windowed?

Jul 28, 2019
Does Sonnix still hang around here sometimes? I'm too technically illiterate to file a proper bug report through the proper channels...

I've been using Qqsp happily :) on Archlinux for some time but it seems that the new qt5.15.1 breaks it. I get:

$ Qqsp
Cannot mix incompatible Qt library (5.15.0) with this library (5.15.1)
Aborted (core dumped)

Investigating a bit shows that all below local qt5 libraries are 5.15.1 (since the last couple of days). Prior to that qqsp 1.9 was working fine.

Code:
$ objdump -p /usr/bin/Qqsp | grep NEEDED
  NEEDED               libQt5WebEngineWidgets.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5Widgets.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5Multimedia.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5WebEngine.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5WebEngineCore.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5Gui.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5WebChannel.so.5
  NEEDED               libQt5Core.so.5
  NEEDED               libstdc++.so.6
  NEEDED               libgcc_s.so.1
  NEEDED               libc.so.6
So does that mean that Qqsp 1.9 has hacks specific to earlier qt5 versions that need updating, or just that I misunderstand what is going on?

Edit: should add that rebuilding made no difference.

Edit2: my bad - got the bottom of it, qt5-styleplugins needed to be rebuilt against the new qt. (Misunderstandings of the technically illiterate.) I'll leave this here in case someone else can benefit from my mistakes. :oops:

Last edited:

DracoBorealis

Dec 13, 2020
How do you build this for Ubuntu?

I've had a go but I get "Project ERROR: Unknown module(s) in QT: multimedia webengine webenginewidgets webchannel" .

Edit: Nevermind I figured it out, you need to install...

sudo apt install build-essential qtmultimedia5-dev qtwebengine5-dev

mkdir and cd to build dir
qmake .. PREFIX=/usr
make

then copy Qqsp to wherever you like and run it :).

./Qqsp [qsp file]

getting an error here on third step:

/Qqsp$ qmake .. PREFIX=/usr
Cannot read /home/draco: file to open is a directory
Error processing project file: ..

Can you put all steps you did to make it?

winterwolf200

Jun 24, 2017
I believe this is the white screen talked about in previous posts. And the problem seems to be all tabs (Actions, Objects etc.) maximize and overlap. Settings drops down the list but it goes into the Main tab that is under everything else.

Reimus

Dec 4, 2020
Just an FYI, I don't think this program runs on a secondary monitor. Make sure you launch it on your primary monitor. This is a weird bug I've seen in a small handful of other programs and oddly enough, one website (I quadruple checked the behavior, fucking weird)

Reactions: Teridil

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Just an FYI, I don't think this program runs on a secondary monitor. Make sure you launch it on your primary monitor. This is a weird bug I've seen in a small handful of other programs and oddly enough, one website (I quadruple checked the behavior, fucking weird)
I am working with a 2-Monitor setup and cant relate to your comment. Can easily move between both screens without any problems. Doesnt matter if i start it from primary or secondary screen.

Reimus

Dec 4, 2020
Really? Strange. I wonder what's different between our setups. I've seen this behavior on some programs and that one website across multiple computers and it's been consistent. Well, if anyone else has a problem launching the program and it looking like it's just freezing, it is worth a try to launch it in your main monitor if it's not already.

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
Neither the 32 or 64 bit versions of 1.9 will launch for me. Using windows 7.
Win7 is in its heart a 32-bit version - so no surprise about the 64-bit not working. Not sure why the 32-bit wont work - more details needed like extract from EventLog etc.
Aside from that - Win7 is badly outdated and you should seriously update

toolkitxx

Modder
Donor
Game Developer
May 3, 2017
how to shift the window?
You can click-and-drag the frames around thus rearranging them. While dragging them it should highlight in lightblue where the frame will dock if you release the mouse.
If you cant see the names of the frames itself. Go to 'settings' in your player and enable the 'captions'
1626371634572.png