QSP doesn't show images

muttdoggy

Dogerator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2016
Are your .net libraries and c++ versions up to date including the older versions???
QSP hasnt been touched in years so it might need the old libraries dating back to .net 2.0, visual studio 2005, etc?
Usually, Windows 8 and 10 don't include the older libraries. Even some versions of 7 and Vista don't have them.

Reactions: CapitanCebolla

selfie

Aug 6, 2016
try running as admin, or change the place where the game is.
It might not have the permission to open the images

if this doesn't work try opening with the rus .qsp to see if that one works

remember this is the way your game folder should look like
\gamefolder\game.qsp
\gamefolder\images\imagesfilesandfolders

you could open the game with qspgen, and check where the images should be placed then compared it with your own

TCMS

Quote my posts if you want an answer
Donor
Former Staff
Aug 5, 2016
I think the problem is in the libraries that Muttdoggy says, but, I can find this old libraries?
Visual studio 2005:
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 2:

Bloaker

Aug 7, 2016
I had the same issue with Family Life.... I used 7zip to extract full game zip file...that solved it... for some reason it deals with cyrillic chars better or something like that :)

Also make sure you only have 1 qsp file in that game dir...

Succuba69

Sep 17, 2018
Hello, excuse me to rewrite on this subject but I currently have the same problem but I can not display the images with the solution above. Can you help me .

Paazey

Sep 9, 2020
Hello, excuse me to rewrite on this subject but I currently have the same problem but I can not display the images with the solution above. Can you help me .
It's a bit late, but change the Language of the QSP Launcher to English. That worked for me.

Reactions: noobtrain

noobtrain

Can't we all get along?
Game Developer
Mar 20, 2022
If you are using a VM (virtual machine) you have to select the correct video adapter in the VM settings. By default, the built-in video adapter is selected. This is a common problem for those running QSP games in a VM.

Make sure your OS is up-to-date and fully patched.

I compiled a folder of all the major Visual C++ redistributables and other updates that should allow the QSP player to show images and videos.

The two best QSP players currently are the Infinity QSP player by Infinite and QQSP . If you are having difficulties with the QSP Player and videos, the Infinity player is the best choice.

Last edited:
Reactions: aapinth

twotall1224

Jun 30, 2020
I found a fix that worked for me. I downloaded a game and unzipped it. I then proceeded to play said game and found that it had no pictures. I went back through the game files and found that it was zipped again, not really sure why, so I unzipped that and opened the game again. The pictures and sound were there after that. I hope this helps as a possible solution.

Panda1xix2

Jun 14, 2018
If you are using a VM (virtual machine) you have to select the correct video adapter in the VM settings. By default, the built-in video adapter is selected. This is a common problem for those running QSP games in a VM.

Make sure your OS is up-to-date and fully patched.

I compiled a folder of all the major Visual C++ redistributables and other updates that should allow the QSP player to show images and videos.

The two best QSP players currently are the Infinity QSP player by Infinite and QQSP . If you are having difficulties with the QSP Player and videos, the Infinity player is the best choice.
Do I need to run all those files?
I seem to not be able to find anything called the Infinity QSP player. Not sure if I'm doing this right